Could someone write an article on the MK doujin in general?

Started by جبريل 無道, November 14, 2016, 05:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Someone asked on our tumblr blog:
QuoteIs there much knowledge out there regarding the Kamidake Onsen books? From what I understood, those are the Kajishima Doujin which aren't tied to a specific Tenchi series, right? Actually, if you could explain the different doujin series in general, it'd help a hell of a lot.

I don't have the time to write it, I wish I did.  It can be as involve or summarized as you want as long as it's clear.

I'll might edit it quick, turn it into an article submission on the blog and the author will get full name credit (unless they wish otherwise).
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

December 13, 2016, 09:14:11 PM #1 Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 09:37:27 PM by جبريل 無道
Okay, I thought I'd answer that person's question with a graphic, Fapperson recently reminded me of, rather than churn out a big, long confusing explanation.  Picture is worth a thousand words and all that.

It doesn't have the latest several years of IF doujins on there but otherwise looks complete.  Did I mark everything correctly?
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

im suprised the Tenchi #Hou series are in blue. i got bored and looked through one online. it seems like they are published versions of the script for the ova's with all the cut material  and concept art included. there neat too bad there super hard to find and a headache to try and translate
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Fap_fapperson on December 20, 2016, 03:31:22 PM
im suprised the Tenchi #Hou series are in blue. i got bored and looked through one online. it seems like they are published versions of the script for the ova's with all the cut material  and concept art included. there neat too bad there super hard to find and a headache to try and translate

This is correct, The Nontan (Notebook) Project doujinshi are storyboards, conceptual notes, technical details, extended scenes, etc. There's a translation of one of the pages covering the floating onsen drinking scene between aeka & Ryoko in greater detail, which came from one of the Nontan doujinshi. Supposedly Tenchi Souran contains every previously released Nontan Project doujinshi, which if true it contains all but 3-4 issues. And, it also served as an unofficial "Tenchi 101 Facts" for OVA2.

Kamidake Onsen 1-5 contain hentai doujinshi by other artists and some information by Kajishima, along with the covers. While The rest contain production sketches, comiket booth artwork, etc by Kajisihma.