Hey

Started by RyannVonDoom, June 14, 2021, 10:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Been watching Tenchi since they showed it on the Sci Fi channel in the mid 90s. Berserk, Tenchi, FMA, Robotech/Macross, Patlabor are my top favorites of all time.
They live. We sleep.

Hey RyannVonDoom welcome!

Btw, nice quote from They Live, if I'm not mistaken.

Quote from: kikai ninjin on June 15, 2021, 09:28:43 AM
Hey RyannVonDoom welcome!

Btw, nice quote from They Live, if I'm not mistaken.

Yep. Top 10 for me all time.

Thanks for the welcome. Wish I joined years ago tbh.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on June 15, 2021, 11:31:41 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Thank you as well.
They live. We sleep.

Welcome.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

HI dere
...in my pants

Welcome to the party VonDoom

Yahello!
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Quote from: WaitoKon on June 16, 2021, 03:00:43 PM
Welcome to the party VonDoom

Welcome to the party, pal?
They live. We sleep.

Reason why I came here to this forum was because a friend of mine died a few weeks ago, and she was a major Tenchi fan like I was. So I went to buy the OVA bluray set, found the insane prices and then started looking up what was going on with Funimation/Tenchi then found here. Figured I'd join and converse with people. Truly wish I found this years ago.
They live. We sleep.

Ah, Die Hard. Was that the one where Vin Diesel's eyes are glowing? [just kidding!]

To whatever took your friend away, I hope it
A) has nowhere to hide
B) withers away pitifully
or C) at the very least gets kicked in the nuts.

So many people who were raised on shows like Tenchi have so much in common with the main character, and the nostalgia of it, the music and gimmicks, it all justified getting the OVA series on BluRay to watch after my mom passed two months into joining this forum.

Another thing that really solidified my joy of the show's merits and long history was when Antvasima got a whole buttload of content added to the Tenchi Fandom site and had some of us proofread / make edits.

Anyway, please make yourself at home.

Quote from: WaitoKon on June 21, 2021, 10:50:40 PM
Ah, Die Hard. Was that the one where Vin Diesel's eyes are glowing? [just kidding!]

To whatever took your friend away, I hope it
A) has nowhere to hide
B) withers away pitifully
or C) at the very least gets kicked in the nuts.

So many people who were raised on shows like Tenchi have so much in common with the main character, and the nostalgia of it, the music and gimmicks, it all justified getting the OVA series on BluRay to watch after my mom passed two months into joining this forum.

Another thing that really solidified my joy of the show's merits and long history was when Antvasima got a whole buttload of content added to the Tenchi Fandom site and had some of us proofread / make edits.

Anyway, please make yourself at home.

Long story.. but she was moving to seattle on my suggestion, on the road I take weekly to Seattle from Las Vegas.. And lost control reading texts I sent her(the timing works out to be exactly that). She rolled the vehicle in central nevada a couple hours before we were supposed to meet up on my way down from Seattle. 7 hours after teh wreck I was driving by and saw the vehicle on the tow truck in a very very small town called carvers. Freaked out for a couple days not knowing if it was her vehicle or not.. then found out it was. I actually saw the wreckage photos for the first time today. So yeah... I've been torturing myself since then. 2 days after I found out officially of her death, the news broke about Kentaro Miura as well, Berserk was our absolute favorite.

I agree that the mutual love of series brings so many together. I'm sorry for the loss of your mother.

I'm pissed at myself for not getting the OVA and movies, I just was like "meh it's on funimation." Dumb. I'm dumb sometimes.

I will. Starting to look at threads and will post more.  :parrot:
They live. We sleep.