Your online name / handle came from WHERE?

Started by WarOmnimon, July 05, 2014, 11:52:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I didn't see a topic for such a thing here, and most forums have one for discussing the origins of people's online names and whatnot, so I figured I'd be the one to start the discussion.  If you have more than one online name, feel free to discuss the origins of those here too.

I have two names that I go by online, so I'll discuss them both.

WarOmnimon - This was my first online name, and I've been using it as my main handle since it first came to be.  It's a combination of the names WarGreymon and Omnimon (Which is the name Omegamon goes by outside of Japan) from the Digimon series, which I have been a huge fan of since even before the anime first aired in Japan.

WarOnion - I don't use this one much anymore, aside from it being used for my PSN, xBox Live, and Nintendo Network accounts.  The story on how this one came to be is a bit more in depth and fun, as it was originally a joke in another fanbase I was part of.

I entered the fanbase for The Sims early on in its lifespan, going by my usual name of WarOmnimon.  The WarOnion name was first mentioned by another user at The Sims Resource (Which is where I stationed myself in that fanbase for several years - now I'm stationed at Mod The Sims), specifically an individual going by the online name of pilky (Bless him - I haven't been in touch with him in a long time, but I hope he's doing great and wish him nothing but the best).  He was one of the first people in the IRC channel of that site that noticed my first appearance there, and he misread my name as "WarOnion."  He even went as far as "peeling" me (/me peels WarOnion - IRC people will know where I'm coming from), and basically it became an inside joke amongst the other folks there and it was made into my unofficial nickname of sorts.  From that point on, if I was unable to use my usual name of WarOmnimon on some sites, I used the WarOnion name instead.

Granted, I haven't had to use that name in a long time, but when I signed up for xBox Live, PSN, and the Nintendo Network, I bought the name back out of respect for the good people in that fanbase that I left behind when I switched from TSR to MTS.  (For those who are curious, the reason I switched sites was not the fault of my friends who were all fellow end users - it was the TSR admins deciding to switch to being a pay site, which in that fanbase, running a pay site is a big no-no to most people including myself.  :shy: )

My online names' origins are no longer a secret.  If you want, spill yours!  :smug:
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

I think everyone knows mine.  Jibril from Angel Sanctuary, which is the angel personality half of human Sara Mudo.  All my avatars are from same character.
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.

My username comes from the shark monster Zigra from the Japanese monster film "Gamera vs. Zigra". I picked that name because I started my internet life frequenting various Japanese monster movie fan forums, and Zigra was a favorite monster of mine that nobody else was using for their name. I continue to use that name even on other forums that have nothing to do with Japanese monsters.

Quote from: جبريل 無道 on July 08, 2014, 07:39:16 PM
I think everyone knows mine.  Jibril from Angel Sanctuary, which is the angel personality half of human Sara Mudo.  All my avatars are from same character.
Aww not this Jibril?

All jokes aside, I usually am uncreative with usernames and I picked this one since I like Trafalgar Law's nickname and I try not to stick to the same usernames on every forum to avoid creepers trying to cyber-stalk me.

This name here that I use represents a word which I consider to be beautiful, whilst it describes a phenomenon which I couldn't comprehend ever since I was born into humanity. I've used other names, too, elsewhere. Some have meanings, and some don't, but most of the time I choose and use certain words because they look pretty in my perception.
Their meanings, if not obvious, then may be left for the reader to ascertain. ^__^
⚆_⚆

I have no idea where I got my handle from. I have used it for 15 years or so, so I don't remember. It does sound like something out of Kalevala though, and I later noticed that it anagrams to "vast mania". Make of that what you will.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

My name come from the comics books Gaston Lagaffe that I really likes.

Take a wild guess. You'd most likely be right.
This is not a sig, it's a Sandwich.

I'm a Washu fan and I wish I was her student. Pretty simple.
"Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice." -Sydney Freedman from M*A*S*H.

I am who am I!???

I think that explains it. Nothing to do with Time Lords.

Part of an RP group that migrated from one board to the other. When making my username on the new board I decided to combine the names of my current two characters- Mewtwo from Pokemon, and an OC named Shujitori. Hence Mewshuji.

Pretty sure I want to reply- even if this is an old topic.

Let's see...I tend to use Mellissandria- despite all the Game of Throne comments, it was originally a mashup of Melissa and Sandra and was the name of a character I created for a Doctor Who RP.

When I was moderator of The Cabbit Patch forum, way back in the early 90s, it was Lalla (again, from an RP, a Star Trek takeoff on Washu Hakubi).

But these days, on some boards, I'm also Oryo- from an RP character created for City of Heroes. (a What if type character- what if Ryoko had been a superhero instead of a space pirate). But mostly, I'm Mellissandria.