Hello.

Started by IncomingMAIL, February 25, 2022, 08:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
First time making an account for a forum, discovered this site after realizing how little I fit in on the Tenchi Forum discord.
Discord: Incoming_MAIL#4441

Quote from: IncomingMAIL on February 25, 2022, 08:56:50 PM
First time making an account for a forum, discovered this site after realizing how little I fit in on the Tenchi Forum discord.

Ah, another TenchiForum refugee, I see. I was on there, too, but then I got banned suddenly (you can read all about it here: https://www.uselesstenchi.org/Forum/index.php?topic=1609.msg51563). Do I remember you from TenchiForum? The name sounds slightly familiar but I'm not sure.

Well regardless, I always enjoy a good story. How come you didn't fit in on TenchiForum?

February 26, 2022, 01:03:36 AM #3 Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 01:13:42 AM by IncomingMAIL
I was only in there for a few months, you may have seen me posting clips from my laserdisc set. I like Kaji's writing, their constant posting about how everything he's every done is awful got to be tiring.

Salutations!
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Welcome. I hope that you enjoy your stay here.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Quote from: IncomingMAIL on February 26, 2022, 01:03:36 AM
I was only in there for a few months, you may have seen me posting clips from my laserdisc set. I like Kaji's writing, their constant posting about how everything he's every done is awful got to be tiring.

Welcome, btw I heard the audio from the laser disks are better than what we hear on the blu rays?

So, I'm a reseller, part-time. I fell into the trap many do when starting. I bought too much without the ability to list them quick enough.
there's also the trap of being on eBay too often and buying stuff for yourself you shouldn't when you see a deal.

In short, I have a LD player (I meant to sell) that I can't find (In a pile of electronics) and a bunch of Tenchi LD's I've never played.

And WELCOME!
...in my pants

February 28, 2022, 08:34:43 PM #8 Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 09:09:14 PM by IncomingMAIL
Quote from: Dr.Soviet on February 28, 2022, 02:58:42 PM

Welcome, btw I heard the audio from the laser disks are better than what we hear on the blu rays?

I don't have a way to capture the AC-3 audio right now, so I don't have a real way to check. I do have plans to get a Domesday Duplicator set up at some point, so we'll see then. Luckily, my disks all seem to be in good condition, and playback with minimal crosstalk on the CDL-R7G I have.

What LDs do you have Ned, if you recall?

March 01, 2022, 11:12:58 AM #9 Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 12:51:14 PM by Nonsuch Ned
Quote from: IncomingMAIL on February 28, 2022, 08:34:43 PM
Quote from: Dr.Soviet on February 28, 2022, 02:58:42 PM

I don't have a way to capture the AC-3 audio right now, so I don't have a real way to check. I do have plans to get a Domesday Duplicator set up at some point, so we'll see then. Luckily, my disks all seem to be in good condition, and playback with minimal crosstalk on the CDL-R7G I have.

What LDs do you have Ned, if you recall?

Handful of single episode OVA 1 and 2 episodes. Something like 5-6
eps. 8-12 for $30 (a couple never opened), couldn't pass it up.

Dragged the player out of the storage unit last night. Hopefully it works. I need to do a lot of hooking up though, I've been meaning to set up a "testing" area for a while now, I'm going to use this project as an inspiration to get it set up. TV (older model with lots of inputs) is good, I have decent speakers to run tests with, but not sure about the receiver that I also want to also test. Not that I NEED the receiver to test the LD player, but it would be good to get the best sound- I also have some LD albums I want to test (I didn't even know they made LD albums).
...in my pants

Oh well. Seems my LD's have something wrong with them. I played 4 of them, they all flake out and crash halfway. it doesn't seem to be the player, played a few other discs (including a Ranma 1/2 disc) with no problem.
Unless there's a setting I have to tweak. The time meter also runs really fast on them.
...in my pants

Ah, that would be laser rot. It's not the player at fault. Not much you can do to save them, it's caused by a manufacturing defect.

At least I can use the covers as wall art and they have great inserts (maybe just ep.11- Ryoko juggling Ryo-Ohkis). Not like I would have played them often.
...in my pants