OVA 5

Started by takahata, April 20, 2017, 04:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
 I aware of the likelihood of there being a Tenchi Muyo OVA 5 depends on the success of OVA 4.   At first,  OVA 4 will seem to be a four part filler.  The series is focus on Rea's and Nobuyuki's wedding.  Yet in the first two episodes which I have seen, they are not fillers.  It is not very easy for me to figure out the story line in each episode.  The four episodes do seem to mark the end of the Ryo-Ohki series.  If the four OVA 4 episodes  mark the end of the Ryo-Ohki series, there may be no OVA 5 series.  The only way for an OVA5 series is for it being a sequel to Tenchi Muyo: Ryo-Ohki series. The Ryo-Ohki series is the other name of the OVA 1-4 series.

The plot of OVA 5 can include Tenchi finally being able to accept the truth that he will have many wives.  Tenchi will have to figure out how to hide the fact that he has six wives.  What if suggests that Tenchi was able to keep his six wives a secret.  What if does focus on the relationships between some of Tenchi's daughters and  some of Siena's sons.  One of Siena's and Kiriko's sons finds himself married to one of Tenchi's and  Ryoko's daughters and one of Ayeka's and Tenchi's  daughters. 

OVA 5's  can be set between Ryo-Ohki and War on Geminar.  The main plot centers around Tenchi and the others trying keep the truth of their marriages a secret.  Yet, the marriages  between Tenchi and his wives become  well known in the Galactic Union despite Jurai's and Seniwa's attempts to keep the marriages  secret.  The knowledge of Tenchi's marriage to Princess Ayeka will attract the attention of the Airai.  The knowledge of Tenchi's marriage to Ayeka can exposed the secret of Airi's and Katsuhito/Yosho's marriage to the Airai.

OVA 5 can be known as TENCHI MUYO: THE NEXT GENERATION.   TM: TNG is my  propose title for a possible sequel which focuses on Tenchi's oldest son.  The timeline for a TM: TNG is set around the year 2020.  OVA 5's timeline will likely be set as close to 2000.   

It will make a lot of sense for OVA 5 to be a sequel to Ryo-Ohki.  It will have to be center around either before Tenchi goes to college or after college.  The first episode of OVA 3 gives a hint that Tenchi is focusing on his studies.   I will want OVA 5 to be set after Tenchi graduates from college.  OVA 5's fate will depend on  the success of OVA 4.  As a fan, I will like to have an OVA 5.  OVA 5 will focus on Tenchi does to acccept the fact that he is going to have six (likely 7) wives.

... what... tenchi dropped out... he is a highschool drop out. at 16... ain't no college for him.

and the novels don't really hint so much as blatant upfront tell and spoil for you what the plot of ova 5 and beyond is.... there's no way OVA 5 is a sequel in the following months on the tenchi timeline right after the marriage so much happens. washu has fuku. Mikumo fakes his death. if tarant doesn't attack at the end of OVA 4 then that has to be what the beginning of Ova 5. Mihoshi finally gets something done about her brain issues (which we know are fixed by the time kenshi starts visiting). Noike still has to go back in time but in ova 4 she hasn't even had the thing with female kagato happen yet...  Ryoko hasn't gotten tenchi haori yet.... seto hasn't even had her memories of being naja unlocked yet... yosho's survival has to be revealed. ryo ohki visits jurai... and saves fuku.... that all happens shortly after ova 4... it's not even speculatory its confirmed in canon.... The earliest point that the story has where it can do a massive time jump that makes since is right before or after seina's wedding and that in series takes place a year and 9 months after  ova 4. the only other place that makes sense to short time skip to is right after seina's visit which is after ova 4 and possibly after or even during ova 5 and is pretty far along on the timeline.

not only that but OVA 4 was clearly meant to be in OVA 3. this is just kajishima fixing what AIC messed up. it's not a filler, tenchi has an emotional character arc about how he was affected by the loss of his mother at a young age and minaho is being a great help for him in overcoming that trauma and dealing with it.  these four episodes also all take place before the last 7 minits of ova3+1... so yeah... no way the plot is going to end on the last line from that....

as for Airai, Airai is dead. it's plot is dead. it resolved off screen... it's a dead nation. not going to happen. Widow killed nearly everyone in the government on that planet and airi fled and got asylum from the academy. now widow is dead and was reincarnated as fuku. Resolved.

jumping to tenko and ryoko's children isn't out of the question and seems pretty likely eventually but there is about 0 chance of it happening by ova 5.

so far we haven't seen anything in the tenchi verse past 2010. and if they were going to do a major time skip before that it would be to 2005 when paradise war happens and tenchi has to fight multiple fleets of pirates attacking earth. which spoiler... is the end of paradise war.

and thanks to this, from the doujin from comiket 85,  we know that by 2010 he has only had tenko and tenyeka. and those cabbits could be either ryo's cabbit babies or D kirche and miki.  so they might not even have had the cabbit siblings by then.

But yeah OVA 5 definitely needs to have tenchi dealing with the fact that he is going to have 7 wives. they are doing there best to get the characters to realise that in ova 4. ...  plus tenchi has been through not one but two damn weddings so far... those girls are going to be hella mad at him if he doesn't waifu for laifu them by seina's marriage cause that would make 3.
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

QuoteTENCHI MUYO: THE NEXT GENERATION

Does anyone else feel like a bowl of petunias?  :shepicide:
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Honestly, I'd like to see OVA 5 dealing with what is absolutely inevitable: Yosho's return to Jyuraian Society.

There's gonna be fallout from this for several reasons.

First of all, it automatically and retroactively makes everyone bearing the Masaki family name (and probably even a few that don't) into members of the all-but-defunct Masaki Branch of the Royal Family.  Keep in mind here, the only members of that particular family that are supposedly active is the Emperor and his two wives.  (IIRC, they kinda keep Minaho's actual parentage a secret, not only due to the political issues it can stir up with Airai, but also because Yosho is supposed to be MIA.)  Yosho, Aeka, and Sasami are all MIA and are WERE the only known existing members of the family.  Which means once Yosho comes back and all his descendants need to be acknowledged... there's gonna be a lot of politicians shitting platinum bricks.

Secondly, once his tree is reclaimed from Earth's surface and placed into a proper Central Unit, then Washu's Gemstones will no longer be needed to sustain the tree.  Which means, of course, that they're free to return the Gemstones to either Washu or Ryoko... But I think we all know who's gonna get them.

Finally, Tenchi is gonna have to figure out what to do with himself, even if that means staying on Earth to Maintain Yosho's estate there.  Because I'm pretty sure that Yosho does indeed own all that land (and probably even a fair bit of Masaki Village to boot!) and letting Tenchi manage that sounds like a good starting-level position for the guy who may one day have to rule all of Jyurai.

My central plot of OVA 5 is focus on the discovery of a new type of Royal Tree. The new type of Royal Tree is connected to Yosho's Jurian Royal Tree Funaho.  The members of the new Royal Trees are descendants of Funaho.  The descendants are a rare mutation which seems not to be a major problem.  If Funaho had some sentient descendants, Yosho knows what he had to do . With Lady Seto's help, Yosho will send the sentient offspring of Funaho's back to Jurai.   Some of Funaho's descendants are a result of a rare mutation.  These descendant become known as Terran Royal Trees.  At first,  the Terran Royal Trees are supposedly like typical second generation Royal Trees.   The Terran Royal Trees are not typical second generation Royal Trees.  For Tsunami confirms that each Terran Royal Tree has the same power level of their parent tree Funaho.  So far, there are only a few Terran Royal Trees in existence.

The only persons who can bond with a Terran Royal Tree are Terrans.  Terrans  are persons who either  have emigrated from Earth,   are  a descendant of a Terran, or a person currently living on Earth. . All Terrans are connected to  Earth's own Masaki Family.  Since the  Terran Royal Trees do have a link with Tsunami, they are not perceive by Jurai as a threat.   

By OVA 5's time, the existence of the Terran Royal Trees are known.  They are kept as one of Jurai's greatest secrets. At first, the Terran Royal Trees are rare mutated Second generation Royal Trees. Then Tsunami is able to confirm the true nature of the powers of each Terran Royal Tree.  The Jurain Royal Family decides to allow candidates who will be able to bond with a Terran Royal Tree.  The Family seeks out Tenchi's help. Oddly,  one of the first Terran Royal Tree candidates to be bond with a Terran Royal Tree has her frist appearance in OVA 4.

note-  Anyone candidate can still bond with a Terran Royal Tree. Due to their rarity, the Jurai Royal Family decides to limit the candidates to Terrans

:how: :popcorn: :whatif: :huhm: :really: :eyetwitch:

I'm hoping it'll focus on the main cast. Getting to the point where we see them in the slew of all his doujins.

Nice head cannon with the royal trees, you should write a fanfic of it.

If there is going to be an OVA 5 series, I want it to be a sequel of Tenchi Muyo: Ryo-Ohki.  OVA 5 will have to include a  couple of episodes which focus solely on a visit by Mihoshi's family.  The visit is part of the family custom. Mihoshi's maternal grandparents are going to easily accept Tenchi as Mihoshi's fiancĂ©. About Mhoshi's paternal grandparents, they remain a mystery. One of Mihoshi's paternal grandparents is likely a Field Marshall in the Galaxy Army.  A Field Marshall is a higher rank. In the Galaxy Army, a Field Marshall is likely a symbolic rank.  It will  be funny that Nakita's mother is a Field Marshall.   Mihoshi's parental grandparents may want to challenge Tenchi as a part of Nakita's family custom.  Since Mikami is a friend of Airi, she will give Mihoshi's parental grandparents the secret information about Tenchi.

When it comes to the future, I speculate that Tenchi will make a fine diplomat. He will make a fine ambassador for Earth after contact. 

OVA 5 has to set between GXP and War on Geminar.  The ideal of the Terran Royal Trees is my own.  For Nakita's family, they are likely  going to be one of Seniwa's other most powerful families.   Nakita's family is still a mystery. Nakita was the general who was talking to Mihoshi's maternal grandfather the Marshall in one of the OVA 3 episodes.

:shygirl: :why: :how: :really:

I am using this topic to focus on other matters.  So far, we are able to notice that there are two confirmed branches of the Masaki Family. While the Masaki Family uses the term "family,' it is really a clan.  The Masaki Family will simply state that the family is one of Japan's oldest families.   The first branch of the Masaki Family is the one where Funaho is from.  The second branch is the branch created by the descendants of Katsuhito and his first wife Kasumi.

The origins of the first branch are unknown. Since Tsunami was aware of the first branch's existence on Earth ,  the members of the first branch are descended from a male  member from the House of Masaki.  I did speculate that the first branch are descendants of a Jurian colony which was a result of an unknown emergency which cause the colonists to crash land on Earth. 

After Azusa's and Kagato's battle, Tsunami had sent Azusa to Earth in order to recover from his wounds.  On Earth, Azusa had met Funaho, a daughter of two  high ranking members of the Masaki Family.  The members are Funaho's parents. 

Both branches do their best to keep the true history of their clan a secret.  One oddity of any member of the first branch will be their long life spans.  The Masaki Family's center is located in Masaki Village.  The Masaki's family is one of Japan's most powerful families.

I would like to see a small time jump to were we see Sasami starting school on Earth.

Here is a summary of what I want for OVA 5 if there is going to be one.

1.   A sequel to the Ryo-Ohki OVA 1-4 series

2.   Tenchi becoming a ronin.

3.   Sasami going to school.

4.   Mihoshi's intermediate family and Maternal and Paternal Grandparents visiting Earth.

5.   Mihoshi's paternal grandmother being a Galaxy Army Field Marshall.

6.   Mihoshi's father giving Tenchi the news that the Kuramitsu Family Council had agreed to allow him to become Mihoshi's fiancee.

7.   Tenchi starting to accept the fact that he is going to have six wives.

8.  Tenchi with some help from the Chousin Sisters learning how to master his powers.

9.   Tenchi finding out that he has an eighth fiancee.

10.  Tenchi's eighth  fiancee is connected to a very important matter involving the Masaki Family.

11.  The matter involves a conflict of interests which had divided the Masaki Family in the past.

12. Oddly,  Tenchi learns of his betrothal with his eighth fiancee is a result of a promise which his parents and the parents of his fiancee had made while the were still at the GP Academy.

13.  If Tenchi does have an eighth fiancee, she must look like a teenage  version of Universe's Kiyone.

14.   An episode focusing entirely on Tenchi and the gang taking care of the young Kenshi.

15. Tenchi's eighth fiancee being one of the antagonists in the series.

16. Tenchi's eighth fiancee wanting Noike to be Tenchi's first wife instead of herself.

17.  The tentative name of Tenchi's fiancee is Hotaru.

I am not expecting Tenchi to have another fiancee.  If Tenchi's does have another fiancee, she will likely be his first fiancee.  Tenchi's betrothal to Hotaru was a result of a promise which their parents have made when they were going to the G.P. Academy or the Galaxy Academy.  Hotaru's and Tenchi's parents have thought that they were not able to fulfill their promise to betrothed two of their children.   Tenchi's and Hotaru's parents were force to keep their promise by the Masaki Family Council.  The Council is using the betrothal as a way to help to heal the wounds cause by a past conflict which divided the Masaki Family into three camps.  One of the three camps was able to resolve the conflict.  The other two camps were help by the first camp to resolved their differences. Tenchi has a problem with his betrothal to Hotaru because Hotaru is only fifteen in the first episode.  Hotaru tells Tenchi that their parents had a simply added a clause which will allow them to end their betrothal if they find themselves only wanting to be friends.

The issues which had cause the conflict within the Masaki Family  could have been center around what happen in Japanese history between the years 1929 and 1946.  There seems to be two confirmed branches of the Masaki Family.  The first branch is the one where Funaho and her family belong to. The second is the branch where the descendants of Yosho and his first wife Kasumi  belong to.
:how: :huhm: :really: :shyboy: :omgwtf: