[AiTM] (Month 1) Weeks 1-4 Episode Talk

Started by جبريل 無道, October 07, 2014, 09:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 18, 2014, 06:40:31 PM #60 Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 06:48:14 PM by sumduud
Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on October 18, 2014, 06:00:23 PM
Damn I must be the only person who liked Tenchi Forever.

I also liked it.

Actually I liked TMiL2 A LOT more than TMiL & most of the crap that was Universe. The only real issue I had with it were those eyes. Those hideous eyes. But the scenery, now some of those were masterpieces on par with Ghibli works. Particularly the opening first scene. The musical score was exceptional too. And so much better than the embarrassingly trashy anime music associated with most Tenchi soundtracks.

Yea, the OVAs only look better IMO because of the blu ray release, but the movie artwork is just outstanding and definitely big budget. Easily trumps some old early 90s cel art work. I also love the soundtrack. Normally the melodrama gets on my nerves but it wasn't really over the top here which worked pretty well. In fact, other than the parts of Ryoko and Ayeka doing those dimension jumps, it was a pretty down to earth chill movie.

Welcome to the board. :)
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Another recap?  All I can do right now is quote a particular doctor and say that as far as this series goes, "I'm done here."  :doom:

Also, welcome aboard sumduud!  :)
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

October 19, 2014, 07:28:14 AM #65 Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 01:18:54 PM by antvasima
Btw: I liked Tenchi Muyo In Love 1, and I at least liked Tenchi Universe considerably better than this show. The main cast was distorted, yes, but at least the show was mostly focused on them, and Time&Space Adventures was based on OVA audio dramas, so it was almost like bonus OVA episodes.

October 19, 2014, 01:40:38 PM #66 Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 01:44:20 PM by takahata
At first, the events of Episode 8 seem not to go along with the main part of the story.  Episode 8 shows what is  a result of the mess cause by Washu's experiment.  Tenchi has  travel back to what's seems to be Edo Period Japan.   Tenchi may have travel to another dimension in which it seems to be in the Edo Period.  Mihoshi's arrival during the last minute confirms that Tenchi is likely still in the present.  Tenchi has been sent by Washu to seek out what is happening in the past.  Yet, Tenchi is likely in another dimension effected by the effects of Washu's experiment.

The series is turning out to be a composite of  TM: Ryo-Ohki, Universe, and Tenchi in Tokyo.  It seems that the producers are honoring all three series.   At the center of the plot,  one of Washu's experiments had gone astray.  The results of the experiment is at the center of the series' plot.  The setting of the series is sometime after Tenchi had graduated form college.

In episode 9, Tenchi has brought his sword  TENCHI with him to school.   The Science Club has a feud with the Student Council. Tenchi is able to stop the fight as a result of his experiences with Ryoko and Ayeka fights over the years.

Still, I am wondering about the experiment which has cause the mess described in the series.   Episode 8 describes what may be happening in another dimension.  Tenchi is in the area of the Masaki Estate. 

:swink: :ragdoll:

October 20, 2014, 03:39:36 PM #67 Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 09:34:18 PM by جبريل 無道
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

One of the few things I like about this series is the new girls getting feelings for Tenchi:

Otherwise I have trouble retaining interest in this wafer thin plot.
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

Tenchi has the power to make girls love him just by touching them! One thing I didn't really like in this episode is that i have no clue why they are here. Did I forget something from the previous episode?

Quote from: جبريل 無道 on October 20, 2014, 03:53:54 PM
One of the few things I like about this series is the new girls getting feelings for Tenchi:

Too bad the new girls don't interest me in the slightest :/

What Zigra said. Theyhave thin bland personalities, and unattractive generic designs. I like the mature women looks and interesting strong likeable personalities that Masaki Kajishima brings to his female characters.

Of the new girls, I think Momo, Hachiko, and Beni are magnetic in their own ways. They stand out as though they ought to be main characters, whereas the other girls are not so charming and should be supporting characters. . . Just my opinion.

⚆_⚆

I have just seen the raw version of Episode 12.  The series seems to be a jigsaw puzzle in which episode is a piece.  Episode 12 starts out with the Edo Period part.  The Edo Period part is suppose to be  about Tenchi being sent to the past.  Yet, Tenchi was sent to another universe.  In this universe, the Edo Period has not come to an end.  I believe that the Edo Period part is a result of the effects of Washu's experiment.

Now, Tenchi has to deal with a giant robot which was used in a past featival.  I have expected Tenchi to start using his sword the Tenchi.  Tenchi seems to thinking about how to deal with the robot  first without using his sword TENCHI.

:laugh:

Ep 12 up.