Old guy here

Started by Nemo, January 13, 2019, 06:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I am just an old fart who has been watching anime for a long time. My first exposure to Tenchi was the movie Tenchi in Love the movie. Which I caught on the SciFi channel a long time ago. I like most watched Tenchi on cartoon network. Yes the one with infamous edits. I still watch anime today. And I like anime from 80's to today. I am very much looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Welcome to the forums, check out some of the posts and look forward to the conversations we strike up.

Quote from: Nemo on January 13, 2019, 06:22:55 PM
I am just an old fart who has been watching anime for a long time. My first exposure to Tenchi was the movie Tenchi in Love the movie. Which I caught on the SciFi channel a long time ago. I like most watched Tenchi on cartoon network. Yes the one with infamous edits. I still watch anime today. And I like anime from 80's to today. I am very much looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Hey that was the same for me too, Tenchi in love on SciFi, didn't quite understand it at the time but I loved it :D

More old people are always welcome.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Welcome to the community.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

I am getting up there in age myself. Always glad to see newcomers to the forums

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on January 13, 2019, 09:35:50 PM
I am just an old fart who has been watching anime for a long time. My first exposure to Tenchi was the movie Tenchi in Love the movie. Which I caught on the SciFi channel a long time ago....

Hey that was the same for me too, Tenchi in love on SciFi, didn't quite understand it at the time but I loved it :D

Since when did Sci-Fi have anime movie nights??

It was acceptable in the 80 90's.

http://www.eldar.org/~brad/anime/sfc/sfc.html
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Quote from: WaitoKon on January 14, 2019, 04:19:15 PM
Quote from: Dr.Soviet on January 13, 2019, 09:35:50 PM
I am just an old fart who has been watching anime for a long time. My first exposure to Tenchi was the movie Tenchi in Love the movie. Which I caught on the SciFi channel a long time ago....

Since when did Sci-Fi have anime movie nights??

They started showing anime with 3 movies: Vampire Hunter D, Robot Carnival and some other movie (Maybe Akira, idk). It was their celebration or Festival  of Japanese Animation

I am getting up there in age myself. Always glad to see newcomers to the forums
royal online