OVA 5 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, August 30, 2017, 12:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Ryo-Okay on November 16, 2020, 08:52:33 PM
No need to rush getting a translation with how crazy everything is right now. I would appreciate a rip when you have the time though.

In a couple of weeks I will get the discs sent. With Volume 4 a few days away I will just get all of them in one fell swoop.

Ricin

Thank you for helping out Ricin.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Wow!That's like a literal simulcast! Did not expect it today,
Truly thankful.

Luckily, the last couple days I decided to continue my reading of the PW machine translation. I just read the bit about Palty getting splatted with mud and going berserk yesterday.

So my big question is...
Yomotsuookami?
They decided to translate Banjo into "Tabletop" but couldn't come up with a name for this that makes sense?
... I guess it could be HIMC with cosmetic improvements? It's got the ring on its back.

It can't be "Charon Wolf," that's supposed to look like a Seikijin.
next novel?
...in my pants

I hope that there will be a BluRay collection for me to buy eventually.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Has anyone else noticed that Funimation's OVA1-OVA2 set is out-of-print?
I have no idea what that means. Part of me thinks they're delaying putting out a new set until they can also sell out of their OVA3 sets in order to put out one that (logically) combines them.
Hopefully the Tenchi properties haven't bombed for them, I've often wondered if that's the case because of the fact that they are STILL selling the "limited edition" boxset of the movies.
...in my pants

I'm pretty sure Funimation is just letting the license expire, so don't plan on any rereleases.

Just to let anyone else know, Crunchyroll is refusing to accept my payment info, just trying to get a free trial to watch the ep. Apparently this "No authorization" error pops up a lot on the site, at least according to the quick Google search I did.

woah same day!
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Nonsuch Ned on November 26, 2020, 06:11:59 PM
Wow!That's like a literal simulcast! Did not expect it today,
Truly thankful.

Luckily, the last couple days I decided to continue my reading of the PW machine translation. I just read the bit about Palty getting splatted with mud and going berserk yesterday.

So my big question is...
Yomotsuookami?
They decided to translate Banjo into "Tabletop" but couldn't come up with a name for this that makes sense?
... I guess it could be HIMC with cosmetic improvements? It's got the ring on its back.

It can't be "Charon Wolf," that's supposed to look like a Seikijin.
next novel?

yeap that's it. kiriko's mech.
The yomotsuookami is modular. It steals weapons and powerups and changes shape. It definatly looks different from the first images and I thought it was himc too at first.
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

November 28, 2020, 02:07:54 AM #564 Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 02:11:17 AM by GP cadet 87
That was easily the best episode of OVA 5 so far. Kenshi's training was a blast to watch. Seina and Tenchi basically telling Shou that now that he is involved in Galactic Federation affairs, he's pretty much screwed for life was funnier the more you think about it. Especially when they talked about hanging out at bars to vent to each other, that was a great image in my head.

The highlight of the episode was Seina, Tenchi and Shou tearing through the rogue pirates (that's who those ships were, right?). A nice little slice of action showing how the two main leads of the Tenchi series have adapted to their new lives, while the new guy is struggling to take everything in. It's a nice sempai/kouhai relationship they're developing with each other

It was nice that we got a better sense of who the Paradise War characters are; definitely a big improvement from episode 3, where it felt like nothing was happening and the new characters left no impact.

And Jovia and Maron were great, devouring the scenery every second they were on screen.

I gotta be honest; seeing the new girls show up again at the end sort of annoyed me. I was hoping that we were past this arc. There's only 2 eps to go. I really hope that the upcoming PVs confirm what we're all hoping for.

That short scene with Tenchi and girls walking by Kenshi as he wakes, flashing him those enigmatic smiles, right after Tenchi's proposal the previous night, was really sweet.

Here's hoping OVA 5 can keep building momentum and end on a high note next year. This was definitely a big step in the right direction.

Quote from: GP cadet 87 on November 28, 2020, 02:07:54 AM
That was easily the best episode of OVA 5 so far. Kenshi's training was a blast to watch. Seina and Tenchi basically telling Shou that now that he is involved in Galactic Federation affairs, he's pretty much screwed for life was funnier the more you think about it. Especially when they talked about hanging out at bars to vent to each other, that was a great image in my head.

The highlight of the episode was Seina, Tenchi and Shou tearing through the rogue pirates (that's who those ships were, right?). A nice little slice of action showing how the two main leads of the Tenchi series have adapted to their new lives, while the new guy is struggling to take everything in. It's a nice sempai/kouhai relationship they're developing with each other

It was nice that we got a better sense of who the Paradise War characters are; definitely a big improvement from episode 3, where it felt like nothing was happening and the new characters left no impact.

And Jovia and Maron were great, devouring the scenery every second they were on screen.

I gotta be honest; seeing the new girls show up again at the end sort of annoyed me. I was hoping that we were past this arc. There's only 2 eps to go. I really hope that the upcoming PVs confirm what we're all hoping for.

That short scene with Tenchi and girls walking by Kenshi as he wakes, flashing him those enigmatic smiles, right after Tenchi's proposal the previous night, was really sweet.

Here's hoping OVA 5 can keep building momentum and end on a high note next year. This was definitely a big step in the right direction.

Thanks to Ricin we will have the OVA 5 Novel and you bet your ass... whatever he told them is probably in that novel
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

The highlight of the episode was Seina, Tenchi and Shou tearing through the rogue pirates (that's who those ships were, right?).
Those were all Earth forces. Katsuhito (Yay! Where you been?) seemed to having a meeting with someone at the imperial palace- telling him "what's what and don't try that a again."  Those were simple Earth satellites.

I'm trudging closer to end of the Machine translated parts of Paradise War now and have found a couple examples of Seina having to deal with them. The scene with Zinv and the subs was basically a recreation of one in the first book. The last chapter of Volume 2 has the CIA using Shou's old friends to infiltrate and get info on the island (threatening to destroy the town company if they don't play along) and sending an imposter Miron in. It fails miserably, of course.
...in my pants

Quote from: Nonsuch Ned on November 28, 2020, 09:17:27 PM

The highlight of the episode was Seina, Tenchi and Shou tearing through the rogue pirates (that's who those ships were, right?).
Those were all Earth forces. Katsuhito (Yay! Where you been?) seemed to having a meeting with someone at the imperial palace- telling him "what's what and don't try that a again."  Those were simple Earth satellites.

I'm trudging closer to end of the Machine translated parts of Paradise War now and have found a couple examples of Seina having to deal with them. The scene with Zinv and the subs was basically a recreation of one in the first book. The last chapter of Volume 2 has the CIA using Shou's old friends to infiltrate and get info on the island (threatening to destroy the town company if they don't play along) and sending an imposter Miron in. It fails miserably, of course.
Ooooo. so that's why they were underwater. are you drafting up sammaries? because There desperately needed X_x i found tranlating paradise war to be a big pain.
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

November 29, 2020, 09:28:12 PM #568 Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 10:02:55 PM by Nonsuch Ned
Yeah, Volume 1 and 2 are up in the wiki.
https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Paradise_War_Volume_1
https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Paradise_War_Volume_2
Just got through writing a summary for the first episode/ first half of the third novel. (only in my sandbox until I write the other two)  That one chapter is PACKED. I try to be concise but the summary for this part alone is going to be gigantic.

first part, the fun part, introduces Karutia, the new girl who spends most of her time hiding in the bushes spying/stalking Shou.

2nd part, a little heavy
Alan shows up, Loretta actually lives on the island with their kid. He abandoned her with their new debt. He has the idea that he can sell his expertise (as former partner of Seina) to the guild that wants it. Alea finds him and tries to pay him off to leave. Seina and Loretta find him, Loretta ends up punching him in the stomach so hard he spits up blood. that would be funnier if it weren't for the largest third part.

3rd part, holy crap
Palty's story may be the darkest thing Kajishima has written, close to the Photon emperor keeping his wife's  severed head in his torso... but that wasn't all him, was it?

Basically, she was kept in an age accelerating box/ sleep learner so mom wouldn't have to bother with a baby, it's opened just long enough for toddler Palty to see mom murder the doctor who was trying to send her to her Juraian relatives. The woman is injured by Palty's mom and she goes to Palty to smile at her, blood splattered on her face. Mom shoots her in the back and she coughs blood all over Palty's face, she uses her last breaths to smile at her more and wipe the blood out of  her eyes. She falls and evil smiling mom closes the box and Palty cries until she passes out.

Also  has a bit where Seina tells a stark version of his childhood before meeting Kai etc. Mom was trying occult solutions and crap religion, everyone avoided him and he was hurt and in pain and alone in the hospital so much that he, as a toddler felt dying wouldn't be so bad.

Jay-sus!
I'm thinking he brought back the mud thing in this episode to confirm to readers that she really was over it. But damn, knowing what her "trauma" was- it was a shit thing for Miron to remind her about. I assume she knew- maybe not the details. Palty only tells Shou and Seina knows it from the investigation and the fact that he probably helped her get the psychological scan that retrieved the hidden memory- she got the scan after realizing how bad her reaction was to getting the mud splattered in her face.
They do know who the donor was but don't reveal it, except to say that he is dead.

Also probably why they seem to start the next section with everyone getting naked in a hot springs party.

BTW, are there more images for V.3? The page has a few B&W ones, then "IMAGE" repeated a few times.
...in my pants

Quote from: Nonsuch Ned on November 29, 2020, 09:28:12 PM

Palty's story may be the darkest thing Kajishima has written, close to the Photon emperor keeping his wife's  severed head in his torso... but that wasn't all him, was it?

Basically, she was kept in an age accelerating box/ sleep learner so mom wouldn't have to bother with a baby, it's opened just long enough for toddler Palty to see mom murder the doctor who was trying to send her to her Juraian relatives. The woman is injured by Palty's mom and she goes to Palty to smile at her, blood splattered on her face. Mom shoots her in the back and she coughs blood all over Palty's face, she uses her last breaths to smile at her more and wipe the blood out of  her eyes. She falls and evil smiling mom closes the box and Palty cries until she passes out.

Also  has a bit where Seina tells a stark version of his childhood before meeting Kai etc. Mom was trying occult solutions and crap religion, everyone avoided him and he was hurt and in pain and alone in the hospital so much that he, as a toddler felt dying wouldn't be so bad.

Jay-sus!
I'm thinking he brought back the mud thing in this episode to confirm to readers that she really was over it.

There's the grimdark novel kajishima i remember

yeah he wrote that for photon.... all him. and that's pretty par for the course for novel seina. pretty fucked that that's what they were refering too. i feel like the animation has a phobia of going anywhere dark. they always keep it for the novels
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here