Previous topic - Next topic
tenchi;s gaze is uncomfy. tenchi is a furry confirmed
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Eff Efferson on March 12, 2021, 09:30:14 PM
tenchi;s gaze is uncomfy. tenchi is a furry confirmed

Only for Ryo-Ohki. It is not like he is going after Miki, Kirche and D.

Watched episode 5 earlier today. I think I enjoyed the previous 2 episodes more, but it's good to see Tenchi and the girls finally getting married. Unless they really blow it with the final episode, this season has been really damn good.

New preview is up:
https://youtu.be/LAaztRU11u0

A baby is spotted, but Seina is holding him- which doesn't conform with the IF timeline, if that's the only baby around. But again, I think that timeline is being completely retconned. The anime is usually king of continuity, after all. It's possible he's just baby-sitting too. Speaking of which, I know it's a little trivial, but I'd kinda like to see Taro all grown up- maybe being all loving to auntie-Washu or something, or trying to be a sempai to Kenshi, despite the fact that Kenshi could wipe the floor with him, if he wanted to.

The product section mentions the usual limited edition OVA novel being released.
...in my pants

April 09, 2021, 05:05:15 PM #649 Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 06:32:33 PM by GP cadet 87
MORE Kenshi training?! Ugh, this a plot thread that I hoped they were finished with. I was feeling very hopeful because a large chunk of ep 5 focused on the main cast.

Well, hopefully what we saw in the PV was in the first half, and the wedding is in the second half.

Anyone else notice the youkai Ryoko summoned to chase Kenshi around? Talk about a call back!

It is nice to see the canon GXP cast so much now. I know they're minor characters, but I wish the show was more about expanding on the GXP story and plotline, or at least have a new spin-off. Or, if we must focus on Kenshi pre-Geminar, at least show more of Keshi's day to day life outside of training. Even though episode 5 was good overall, I still feel Tenchi and the girls have been sidelined in their own show IMO.

Just noticed Kenshi's final line (CC auto-translated) before the product selling.

"I wonder if I can come back? That's another story!"
...in my pants

Yeah, I bet Kajishima-sensei tries to do another series to bring Kenshi home.

its another time skip dont think we will see the wedding of tenchi and the girls it was in the title of the last episode  but maybe we get to see the first 2 children would be happy with that if it happens

Quote from: GP cadet 87 on April 09, 2021, 05:05:15 PM
Even though episode 5 was good overall, I still feel Tenchi and the girls have been sidelined in their own show IMO.
Agreed.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on April 10, 2021, 02:35:36 AM
Yeah, I bet Kajishima-sensei tries to do another series to bring Kenshi home.
I hope for an OVA 6.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Personally, I think that, once everyone is married, "Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki" is done.
I'm thinking that Kenshi returning would be better told as a "Geminar" story and once that's done, a NEW Tenchi Muyo! series should take over. It can be Tenchi Muyo! IF or something that focuses on possible conflict with the higher dimensions or whatever, but lets face it "Ryo-Ohki" is wrapping up. Time for a new starting line
...in my pants

Is that Mikamo I saw in episode 5?

Quote from: Nonsuch Ned on April 09, 2021, 09:38:58 PM
Just noticed Kenshi's final line (CC auto-translated) before the product selling.

"I wonder if I can come back? That's another story!"
Did somebody say... sequel hook? :emot-smugdog:

And yup, calling it now. Seikishi Monogatari Season 2 is gonna be the first new entry in the series that will come out of AIC and Toei's newfound business partnership. Unless we get OVA 6 first (Which wouldn't surprise me given that next year is Tenchi Muyo!'s 30th anniversary), that is.
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on April 15, 2021, 10:45:05 PM
Is that Mikamo I saw in episode 5?

Where at? Some blink and miss it flash-black? Mikamo is quite dead.It'd be interesting to see what Mikumo looks like in his new identity (or anything other than his baby pictures. Washu really should invite him to her wedding on the DL.
...in my pants

OK, it is Nakita. I never knew he was Mihoshi and Misao's father. I vaguely recognized him from OVA 3, but not his specific role.