OVA 5 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, August 30, 2017, 12:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I also hope for a remake of GXP based on the official novels.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on May 29, 2021, 12:57:50 AM
we also got confirmation that was indeed Tokimi who gave Kenshi the lighthawkwing power up he used against Gaia.

The blessing she gave was brought up in the show and was not hinted to be related to Kenshi's power. The main thing it did was allow him to pass through the barrier to retrieve the Tenchi Stone (so in a roundabout way, you're right). Tokimi's blessing is a useful thing to have on Geminar and isn't exclusive to Kenshi. The Holy Land was even shaped to look like Tokimi, although its really abstract. For unspecified reasons, Yukine's mother(Tokimi's last priestess on Geminar) lost favor with Tokimi or something, cuz she wasn't allowed through the barrier anymore and even got a nasty scar trying to force her way back in. Maybe Tokimi was just trying to set things up to make Kenshi look cooler when he waltzed on through? That would be a dumb explanation. I love it.

The Light Hawk Wing was Kenshi's, although it's rules were different than we're used to. It's something I'd love explained in a season 2 of InSM. I used to think it was because Kenshi was the reincarnation of Z, but I think that was either never exactly right or possibly a scrapped idea (Kajishima said in an interview that Z was originally going to be Tenchi's half-brother, make of that what you will). Anyways, I think Kenshi's power is probably just like Z or Tenchi's: his own.

Having said all that, it's still possible your theory is right, I just wouldn't say it's confirmed.

Also, yeah, Rea breaking down. That was rough. Probably the most emotional scene in the season, at least for me. I WISH the engagement was more moving, but it felt like such a side-note when it should have gotten a whole season that I couldn't help but feel disappointed.

on an unrelated note does nayone rememebe where the full revealed concept art shot of war on geminars cast is located? i only remember the mostly silhoetted versions location
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Anyone else intrigued by the somewhat notable absence from OVA5? Tsukiko doesn't get so much as a cameo or a mention. I think it's very safe to say she's not on Earth anymore. I'm also wondering if it means she's supposed to have a major role with the GXP story that hasn't been released yet, so they couldn't even HINT what she's doing. And not bothering to spend any time with her Daughter, Son, Quasi-daughter, daughter-in-law, son-in-law/love interest... grandchild and more on the way. Who all conveniently live close by.
...in my pants

Quote from: antvasima on May 30, 2021, 06:29:26 PM
I also hope for a remake of GXP based on the official novels.

Think that's something AIC can eventually crowdfund, Toei is a big win, but with these considerations just got to wait for the dust to settle so to speak.

Can anyone translate this end card from the after credits part of Episode 6?

Yandex.com says:

In this video program images, sounds and packages
All rights related to the work are owned by the author, and the Kaitei Naikan Prize
It is only allowed for the purpose of viewing and listening.
Other uses, or even some of them, can be copied, modified, or sent to the public
(Broadcast, wired broadcast, Internet, etc.), broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast
It is used for (selling, lending, etc.), translation, translation, etc. and the right
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have about our services.
We have a lot to offer.
If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway!

July 26, 2021, 09:50:10 PM #682 Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 04:58:50 PM by Nonsuch Ned
I know this is quite early, but does anyone have any info on anything important added to the OVA5 novel translation included in the vol. 6 special edition?

Someone who doesn't add much made an update to the Tsunami wiki page that describes details supposedly in OVA5 (a discussion about using the Tsunami ship as a possible training ground) but it's nowhere in the anime.

(other idea- was it maybe a discussion in one of the audio dramas? I remember catching one on YT, it was just a informal chat with Tokimi and others... but I don't remember the details, and can't find them now-- probably takedown victims)

12,000 yen:
https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1169606164&ref=list&keyword=Tenchi%20Muyo!%20Ryo-Ohki&lang=en

Interesting take on the original promo image for the cover:

...in my pants

Good to know, Ned. Hopefully someone can read up on that and check the Tsunami fandom page for accuracy.

Unfortunately the writer hasn't been any help. I asked where it's mentioned and he just repeats "It's in OVA5." Doesn't say it's from the novel or a CD Drama or anything... but I've gone through the OVA many many times now while writing up articles  and adding pictures and it's certainly not in the anime.

Also discovered that the CD audio dramas might not have been taken down, it's just that the titles are probably in Japanese and my searches aren't finding them because of that. I did find some OVA4 CD stuff but it's such inessential stuff, just reworded sections from the anime.
...in my pants

Quote from: takahata on March 08, 2021, 05:00:05 PM
There is a couple on Minaho's right. Both do seem to represent the descendants of Katsuhito and his first wife Katsumi .
The two people sitting between Minaho and Katsuhito are Yotsuga Kazuki and Amame Kazuki (maiden name Masaki), Azusa's parents.

I enjoyed OAV 5. Looking forward to some more content in the future. Also, Now that I've read a bunch of posts, I just realized how many posters here maintain sites of their own, translationblog has especially been very informational for me (it got me into locating and translating TM written materials), or post in other areas bringing old content back to light. Many thanks for keeping things alive in the west.

I was disappointed not to get official names for Tenchi's first two children. I agree they should be Kiyone and Achika. Achika even works with the naming scheme for the last 3 generations of Masakis. (Amame, Azusa, Aeka). And I legit think Ryoko would name her girl after Tenchi's mother, since she of all of them would know how much Kiyone meant to him.

Afa who will be officially first wife, I would say Noike, because Seto picked her, and officially she is his betrothed. She is also Aeka's aunt, even if she is adopted. So her position in the royal family is fairly high. Really curious to see how Aeka and Ryoko react to that. Also curious to see how Tenchi feels about it, or if he just shrugs and says "I'm not caring about titles. I love them all equally." As much as Ryoko would probably want that position, she's not dumb. She knows her position isn't as strong as the others. But there is precedent (Funaho).

There is so much content that could have been put into the final 2 episodes of OAV 5 that was not included. I mean, we literally just get to see Ryoko pregnant out of the blue, then here's baby! Oh! Here's another one. And another on the way.

We don't get to see anything of how Tenchi decides to go about things with the girls. It would be a crazy about of SoL content. At this time Tenchi is on the high side of twenty, nearing thirty. It's pure speculation. But I wouldn't be terribly surprised if some things were already going on behind the scenes before he asked them. All of that is something that can be addressed. We obviously don't need all the gritty details. I'd love to see more of Ryoko during her pregnancy. A 3-second scene of her or Aeka  swooning is hardly enough. We saw more in the IF doujins.

Additionally, someone on CR commented that we also saw Ryoko using chimimouryou again, which implies that Tenchi gave her back her gems so that she could control them. I think the poster was on to something. There is no way in Hell she would risk them attacking her while she is pregnant with Tenchi's child, let alone Kenshi. This also leads us to what about Funaho-ki? Who or what will be used to maintain the tree, and thus Youshou's life force, especially if he is eventually going back to Jurai? I imagine Ryoko herself could do it. So could Sasami/Tsunami. That's something that will have to be addressed.

Clay is free, which would be an interesting villainous return. But in the novels he seemed uninterested, as someone posted above. Someone would need to pay him heftily to get him involved again. Maybe a fanfic opportunity there...

Not sure how many places it was written or posted over the years that Tenchi was this age or that age. But I was pleased to hear Tenchi flat out tell everyone that he was fifteen when he freed Ryoko. And that episode title yeah boi, you tell 'em! That gave me a laugh. And Minaho's frustration over not being married, I thought for sure she would break down crying.

One last thing: Sasami's booty.... daym! Does anyone think Tenchi will wait until she is twenty? I mean, if Ryo-ohki is any measure of comparison, I think not. But Aeka might have something to sway about it, not to mention Misaki and Azusa.

I expect to see Sasami's child in a future doujin, speaking of which I hope the ones that do come out after covid make up for the ones we were missing  :yoshi:

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on July 30, 2021, 04:46:43 AM
I expect to see Sasami's child in a future doujin, speaking of which I hope the ones that do come out after covid make up for the ones we were missing  :yoshi:
Imagine Kajishima has just been making the usual doujins this whole time and when comiket finally comes back he just releases a 100-page behemoth.

But I think he did release one through the air comiket thing, but I'm not sure.

Quote from: Nonsuch Ned on July 29, 2021, 04:06:20 PM
Unfortunately the writer hasn't been any help. I asked where it's mentioned and he just repeats "It's in OVA5." Doesn't say it's from the novel or a CD Drama or anything... but I've gone through the OVA many many times now while writing up articles  and adding pictures and it's certainly not in the anime.

Also discovered that the CD audio dramas might not have been taken down, it's just that the titles are probably in Japanese and my searches aren't finding them because of that. I did find some OVA4 CD stuff but it's such inessential stuff, just reworded sections from the anime.
I think that you can just remove the claims from the wiki page.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Quote from: Nonsuch Ned on July 29, 2021, 04:06:20 PM

maybe the last ova of 4. anyways I've been unable to begin work on that novel and probably might not  be able to due to health and life reasons I'm a narcoleptic and its gotten way worse in the last few years and i developed severe back issues i had to undergo physical therapy over from translating all the novels like i did and i dont see much point in going over the entire novel with a fine comb. it would take me a few months even if i rushed and I just don't want to do that the best i can do is text rip it once it's scanned and google translate it and let others pick through it.
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here