AI Reinterpretations

Started by Ryo-Okay, December 02, 2022, 07:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So I've seen people passing around a link to a site where you upload a picture of yourself and an AI turns it into a picture of an anime-style character. I got interested in what would happen if you put an anime character in, and the result was actually neat. So after that, I went and did a bunch of Tenchi characters. Here is the site: https://h5.tu.qq.com/web/ai-2d/cartoon/index

And here are the images I got:

The Sasami one is actually really nice and feels like a faithful remodernization other than eye color and clothing.  Would recolor her eyes.

Noike wins second and turned out well.

Washu wins a distant third.  She and the rest of the girls uniqueness has been oblivioned, sacrificed into cutesy style.   

The rest are unrecognizable.

Tokimi is WTF but also weirdly fitting.

Ryo-ohki has a tumor growing on its head.  It also feels like the perv version that was in some comics (kinda like NB in GXP, a fake Ryo-ohki).
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.

Fixed eye color.  Would also fix her forehead symbol and hair ties.

Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.

Quote from: جبريل 無道 on December 12, 2022, 07:59:22 PM
The Sasami one is actually really nice and feels like a faithful remodernization other than eye color and clothing.  Would recolor her eyes.

Noike wins second and turned out well.

Washu wins a distant third.  She and the rest of the girls uniqueness has been oblivioned, sacrificed into cutesy style.   

The rest are unrecognizable.

Tokimi is WTF but also weirdly fitting.

Ryo-ohki has a tumor growing on its head.  It also feels like the perv version that was in some comics (kinda like NB in GXP, a fake Ryo-ohki).

You realize it made Noike male, yes?
It totally blew Aeka and Ryoko, though with Ryoko's hair, it's not surprising. I think Mihoshi and Tenchi look pretty good. Agree on Sasami looking great, except for the eye-color. Nice fix. Notice the little creature Sasami had in the beginning. That part came out especially well, even if its totally different. :cat:

There seems to be a certain theme through-out the set. Is that some sort of theming preset?

I've looked into some AI text2img services, check this out:

Dreams of "Airi Masaki from Tenchi Muyo, staring at an empty mug of beer, despondent, drawn by Wan Aguda

Meanwhile, img2img or using a photo seems to get more accuracy...

You might recognize the pose from Tenchi's Girls Apr 2022 post of either the actress from Tenchi Live who played Mihoshi, or a cosplayer.

December 03, 2023, 02:09:43 AM #6 Last Edit: December 11, 2023, 10:26:00 PM by Dreamr
Found a site with some really good ones.
https://pixai.art/search?q=tenchi+muyo&sort=trending

Found this one, too.

Sith Aeka is strangely compelling. Eye/hair color wrong. But cute as all get-out.

It's fun to see the so-called reinterpretations. However, you might want to fix your link to artstation.