Time Travel Anime

Started by Kokoro, January 28, 2023, 07:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Surgeon Of Death on August 23, 2014, 01:39:58 PM
With all the controversy surrounding the Ai Tenchi Muyo Illustrator, I would recommend Durarara!! To see some of the "inspirations" for the new Ai Girls designs.....

or if you're pissed off at the guy you should try both No Game No Life (Better than Shit Art Online) and Bakemonogatari (Harem Even though MC has a girlfriend.). All 3 are on Crunchyroll.

My personal favorite is Steins;Gate although that's not on Crunchyroll anymore and I'm not sure whether most Tenchi fans would enjoy a great Time-Travel Sci-Fi anime. Thought I should mention that.

Speaking of Time Travel, I recently saw the Adam Project on Netflix, and now reading this comment, I have to ask the question, ARE there any time travel anime?

The isekai genre typically puts the main character in "another world", but of course there is renewed interest in doing it Steins;Gate less GATE these days.
https://www.cbr.com/time-travel-isekai-next-frontier/

Now and Then, Here and There is supposed to take place in a far flung dystopian future. IF done today, it would be straight up Isekai, probably.

Erased (Boku dake ga Inai Machi) is a time travel one.

There was another recent one from the last few years about a shy girl in a world where magic is normal, but she can't use it, until something she does sends her a generation back in time. Teen Romance mixed with "are these my parents" type of story.... Iroduku: The World in Colors

Tenchi Muyo In Love
...in my pants

Quote from: Nonsuch Ned on January 30, 2023, 02:50:32 PM
Now and Then, Here and There is supposed to take place in a far flung dystopian future. IF done today, it would be straight up Isekai, probably.

There was another recent one from the last few years about a shy girl in a world where magic is normal, but she can't use it, until something she does sends her a generation back in time. Teen Romance mixed with "are these my parents" type of story.... Iroduku: The World in Colors

Tenchi Muyo In Love

Ohhhh~  That one sounds really interesting!

Quote from: Kokoro on January 30, 2023, 06:41:26 PM
Quote from: Nonsuch Ned on January 30, 2023, 02:50:32 PM

Tenchi Muyo In Love

Ohhhh~  That one sounds really interesting!

Tamest of the three, but definitely not bad. NTHT is infamous for how dark it goes, Erased was a popular recent dramatic  show that is awesome in parts but slightly bungles the ending (deals with solving/ reversing murders in past and present and stopping some child abuse).
...in my pants

It certainly is. Imagine if Bunny Girl Sempai got another feature film only in the style of Your Name.