Phantasy Star Fan Game

Started by EcchiOujisama, March 09, 2017, 07:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
A few years ago I took a Phantasy Star fan game, Phantasy Star 2.5 Fallen Planet, and made sort of a special edition out of it. Lots of typos and various bugs were fixed, the merciless encounter rate was cut to a 1/3 with EXP and MST tripled to preserve the pace of the game, the music got a MASSIVE upgrade from some shit MIDIs and some other things I don't remember off the top of my head. If you're a fan of old school RPGs and remember the days of Phantasy Star being more than another lame MMO, it's worth your time to check out. AFAIK the PS Cave forums are the only place to find it, and here's that link:
http://www.pscave.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2991

The game has options for good, evil and neutral paths. I wrote walkthroughs for the good and evil paths that you can find on the same board. The neutral path is basically the same thing as the evil path with the one difference mentioned in the walkthrough.

Also, if anyone happens to have or know where I can find FLAC copies of the Phantasy Star Collection Sound Collection CDs please let me know. I used MP3 sources for most of the music (in the days before being upgraded to audiophile status) and would definitely take the time to upgrade it again if I could high quality copies of the music. I have lossless versions and/or CDs of everything else used in the game. Or if there's a 24-bit FLAC version available for purchase somewhere, I'm up for that too. Considering how much the CD is it would probably be cheaper too. 

Enjoy the game!

:progamer:
The official site for my translation efforts:

http://ecchioujisama.wordpress.com

March 11, 2017, 11:31:20 AM #1 Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 11:50:33 AM by Fap_fapperson
Quote from: EcchiOujisama on March 09, 2017, 07:11:03 PM
A few years ago I took a Phantasy Star fan game, Phantasy Star 2.5 Fallen Planet, and made sort of a special edition out of it. Lots of typos and various bugs were fixed, the merciless encounter rate was cut to a 1/3 with EXP and MST tripled to preserve the pace of the game, the music got a MASSIVE upgrade from some shit MIDIs and some other things I don't remember off the top of my head. If you're a fan of old school RPGs and remember the days of Phantasy Star being more than another lame MMO, it's worth your time to check out. AFAIK the PS Cave forums are the only place to find it, and here's that link:
http://www.pscave.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2991

The game has options for good, evil and neutral paths. I wrote walkthroughs for the good and evil paths that you can find on the same board. The neutral path is basically the same thing as the evil path with the one difference mentioned in the walkthrough.

Also, if anyone happens to have or know where I can find FLAC copies of the Phantasy Star Collection Sound Collection CDs please let me know. I used MP3 sources for most of the music (in the days before being upgraded to audiophile status) and would definitely take the time to upgrade it again if I could high quality copies of the music. I have lossless versions and/or CDs of everything else used in the game. Or if there's a 24-bit FLAC version available for purchase somewhere, I'm up for that too. Considering how much the CD is it would probably be cheaper too. 

Enjoy the game!

:progamer:

I am the biggest classic fantasy star dork i know. i replay 2 and 4 like every year. thank you for this
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here