gxp read through notes (volume 6-13 working on 14)

Started by Eff Efferson, June 19, 2017, 04:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
 :question:

Not really sure what that 'same' means.

You're also confused? I have a feeling it has to be a confusing section.
...in my pants

Quote from: Nonsuch Ned on October 05, 2020, 12:23:14 PM
Translation question about vol. 13

""Doesn't that look like Saturn?"  as the other planets came into view he noticed that the solar system closely matched Earth's.
The only big difference was the difference between the third or fourth planet where people could live. Of course, if you looked closely, there were differences in each, but the size and the order of arrangement were exactly like the Earth and Mars.

About the second bolded statement: This confuses me. I found an earlier version here where you say the planets switched places in this solar system, that Dual's Earth was actually the 4th planet. But this  notes that the sizes of the 3rd and 4th planets were the same size as Earth and Mars. (And "Earth" couldn't effectively exist on a planet the size of Mars).

It occurred to me that, like on our Earth, there's the desire to colonize Mars. So, wouldn't this solar system have a "Mars" with an atmosphere?

Does the first bolded part mean that both the 3rd and 4th planets can sustain life, or just the 4th?

I looked at it and realized, he might have not actually landed on Dual's Earth after all. That planet would be Dual's Mars.
(but I've confused stuff before)

Terraforming Mars is a strategy for long term habitation of Mars. There could simply be confusion because it could be the original Earth because it was completely stripped of resources, which is what would most likely have been used for space colonization.

wasnt the area stripped of its natrual resources?
wasn't the central planet of renza completly artificial...
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Ricin on October 10, 2020, 05:02:00 PM

Terraforming Mars is a strategy for long term habitation of Mars. There could simply be confusion because it could be the original Earth because it was completely stripped of resources, which is what would most likely have been used for space colonization.

Both would have been stripped of resources. But I guess Earth would have been first and then Mars would then become the new base of colonization projects. A researcher might focus on it because it would then show the most signs of civilization, after Earth was picked clean.

Kirche gives some exposition about how so much time has occurred that continental shifting would have changed the shape of the land and all buildings would have been wiped out and shifted into the ground. That would also be true of Earth.

I guess I just figure Kajishima had some reason for specifically saying they were landing on the fourth planet. Maybe he wanted to visit the third at some point too.
...in my pants