GXP Novel Translation Project

Started by Eff Efferson, November 04, 2016, 08:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Dragonn on November 27, 2016, 12:06:35 AM
Thank you for your hard work  :worship:
^_^ no prob. im happy to announce i just started back on chapter 3 today but it will take some while. im not going to force this one out to completion like the last two. im gonna take some time with it. its not hard to translate. its semi automated actualy. its just teeeeeeeeedious...
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Fap_fapperson on November 04, 2016, 08:18:22 PM
So I'm starting this thread as a place to release my translations of the GxP Novels. I'm interested in reading them and the only way i can read them is to translate them myself. I might as well share.  :goodman:

Now most people have wondered how one would go about doing this. I did it the easiest way possible. I got the Japanese kindle store e-books and converted them to rtf and pdf (rtf for format and Pdf because rtf shoves the furingana into the sentence instead of deleting it).

There all in nice ASCII characters that are easy to put into various online dictionaries. I mean my 2 years of high school Japanese helps, but it really doesn't.  :shepicide:

Anyways these are going to be more or less 80-90% accurate translations. I will put them here as I finish them, For now i got the first chapter done if anyone wants to make a contribution then pm me i guess i don't take money donations but ebooks don't buy themselves. I'm doing this out of boredom and out of a love for the series so they will get out when and if i feel like it but i probably will. It usually takes me an entire day just to translate a single scene  and this took a week total to do (eeeey if u got questions AskMeAnyting)

status update 12-8:ive been rather sick lately just intestinal spasms. it makes it hard to sit down and translate so for now my translating is at a very very brisk pace. expect the next chapter to take like a month i cant crank them out at the once a week pace i was doing

:siren: :siren: :siren::pcgamer: :parrot::ground:  :parrot::pcgamer: :siren: :siren: :siren:

GXP Volume 1:
(Chapter 1 of 4) https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yYRQ_EWhUfX7orR_qZq-Pm43azBDEdmz66R0530sJig/edit?usp=sharing
(Chapter 2 of 4) https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UIODMELyDsLQulXJLh8eNLKa8p0tJ-1n2x2MsIYpqUA
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

I understand. Thanks for your work.

You know us Tenchi fans are patient.

Regardless, hope you start feeling better.

Yeah, I'm just relieved tha someone is actually translating these novels. Take your time, and get better soon.

I'm going to try to get to picking up the pace on this but i can't guarantee it. so in the meantime i will be updating not by chapter but by every few scenes and once a chapter gets done i will shrink it into one. but if i only release once ive finished a chapter it will take months in between new parts.

besides whole chapters are alot to digest. i think little scenes are much more paletable.

heres 3.1
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1m4Y0-47YG9rEYYl4O98hUHzByMk1_W7j_NEqdxtzryc/edit?usp=sharing

Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Thank you for your help. Try not to overexert yourself.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Thanks so much for the early release!

I am in favor of more frequent updates and smaller releases. Light novels, despite their name, can have extremely long chapters, ones no one can finish in a single session anyway. I hope you have a speedy recovery over the holidays.

Quote from: GP cadet 87 on December 22, 2016, 11:10:30 AM
Thanks so much for the early release!

I am in favor of more frequent updates and smaller releases. Light novels, despite their name, can have extremely long chapters, ones no one can finish in a single session anyway. I hope you have a speedy recovery over the holidays.
oh im actualy much better now. I just had a really bad magnesium deficiency.
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Thanks for the work, Fap!

Quote from: GP cadet 87 on December 22, 2016, 11:10:30 AM
Light novels, despite their name, can have extremely long chapters, ones no one can finish in a single session anyway.

Okay, "no one" is quite a stretch.

December 22, 2016, 08:33:50 PM #24 Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 12:12:06 AM by GP cadet 87
Fair enough, most people then.

Glad to hear you're better!

Yeah after chapter two turned out ungodly long i knew there was no way i could wait till i was all the way done with chapters to releas them
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Are you going to eventually try to get a copy of your work hosted on baka-tsuki?

Im unaware of what that is. Ill look into it
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Fap_fapperson on December 22, 2016, 09:15:43 PM
Yeah after chapter two turned out ungodly long i knew there was no way i could wait till i was all the way done with chapters to releas them
Volume 1 is basically the only volume with the chapters being 100 pages long each. Once kajishima takes over the chapter length decreases but the sheer amount of details explodes. The conversation with Kai took forever in vol 1 but in vol 2 you will see with the introduction of NB that kajishima  goes on and on about the bio metal NB is made of. One sentence, which is basically a simile for something goes on for about 3 pages.

He basically mentions this is one of the afterwards of the volumes. He has the image in his head and it's putting it into words.

Quote from: moriohchou on December 24, 2016, 01:06:20 PM
Quote from: Fap_fapperson on December 22, 2016, 09:15:43 PM
Volume 1 is basically the only volume with the chapters being 100 pages long each. Once kajishima takes over the chapter length decreases but the sheer amount of details explodes. The conversation with Kai took forever in vol 1 but in vol 2 you will see with the introduction of NB that kajishima  goes on and on about the bio metal NB is made of. One sentence, which is basically a simile for something goes on for about 3 pages.

He basically mentions this is one of the afterwards of the volumes. He has the image in his head and it's putting it into words.

yeah i noticed when i translated a bit of volume 11. the chapters are much shorter but just clusterfucks of detail lol. thanks for the heads up
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here