Fall 2013 anime season

Started by Gaston, September 25, 2013, 01:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Watched the second episode of Kill la Kill.

http://www.youtube.com/v/ZmRj9uhMaJY
This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

Watched new episode of IS.

Typical harem hijinks and misunderstanding aside...

New girl is awesome.

That is all.

I watched the two episodes of Kill La Kill and I like it. So weird that awesome !

I've been hearing conflicting views on Kill la Kill. Well okay. Conflicting... siding with good. One side, it's amazing series. The next Gurren Lagann by the people that made Gurren Lagann! On the other side... it's good, has potential... but could go either way. Not the amazing anime everyone the other side is making it out to be but, still good so far.

Yes, like I said, siding with good so, I'm sure it's better than the two, well one since I haven't caught up with one of them to be watching S2, now. IS and Valvrave. :P But, since I'm one of those people that just never got around to finishing Gurren Lagann because of laziness and well, laziness being a factor, probably won't get to it until the series is further along anyways.

Since evvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveryone is watching it, I finally broke down and watched Kill La Kill.

Conclusion of the three episodes that are out so far?

It's good. Is it the anime that will save the industry? That remains to be seen. But yes. It's good.

And Satsuki >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ryuko.  :staredog:

Mako >>>>>>>>>> Satsuki and Ryuko.

"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

I don't know what to think about Episode 4 of Kill La Kill.

I didn't have a lot of expectations to be honest. Being that I failed to finish Gurren Lagann due to laziness so my 'this is going to be the greatest anime in the world' glasses didn't come in.

But whatever expectations I did have... it wasn't, this. The Panty and Stocking people got a hold of this? I know this isn't meant to be a serious series. But damn. Gags were too in your face with this one. And not particularly funny.

So... conclusion. Episode 4 was a disappointment. Hopefully Episode 5 will be better because so far, this is my reaction.  :wtf:

I was tempted to necro the Spring Season thread since, by catching up on up on the series (Valvrave), meant finishing up Season 1 which was in the Spring Season.

But eh. Probably be better to do that, if I do that, when I catch up on the other series I fell behind in that season. Like Hataraku Maou Sama~

But anyways, catching up on Valvrave, up to the current episode 3.

My hopefully less wordy assessment? Best comedy series ever! When, it's not trying to be funny. It's trying to be a serious series, but it's such a mess with it's characters and plots that I can't help but laugh at its ridiculousness.

And of course, my impulsive action is to rant... here it is!
Which is funny (no pun intended), since I like to down the series as being terrible. And in a way it is. The before mentioned Hataraku Maou Sama for example, I thought was a much better series. Tighter story, better pacing, and it's funny when it's supposed to be funny. And yet, I wound up catching up with Valvrave instead of Hataraku. In a way, it's because I was much more entertained by Valvrave being such a terrible series. It would be like, being entertained by Superman 64 compared to better games. Having that forbidden word fun  :goodman: doesn't mean it isn't over all shit. But it's succeeding in the one goal I assume an anime should be doing. Amusing me. :smug:

*Note, haven't played Superman 64. But I've seen videos of people playing it. One even enjoyed it besides the issues. So, point still stands. :D

Don't know how it happened, but I'm watching more titles this season than usual. Odd, I usually watch only 1-3 titles.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel = not exactly faithful to the manga & the animation looks like a damn videogame, but i'm enjoying it

BlazBlue Alter Memory = DROPPED, this shit is far too random & confusing

Golden Time = really enjoying this love triangle title, so far. and it was nice to get out of middle/high school settings for a change, can't think of another grad/college school setting since AMG. been a long long time.

Hajime no Ippo - Rising = mostly disappointing, so far. they're really trimming the fat, trying to play catchup. i guess they're aiming for 60 episodes, if things go right... which i doubt. new challenger was better and ended abruptly.

Kill la Kill = highschool setting + dead leaves + gurren lagann = this.

Outbreak Company = Gate; thus the JSDF fought + 100x more otaku culture = this

Yuushibu = d&d heroes turned to retail zeros seems to be a popular theme lately... more viva unoriginality. thankfully it's cute & fun.

November 24, 2013, 03:27:28 AM #26 Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 04:19:07 AM by SimmyC
Mid-season assessment!

Valvrave S2. Have to admit, I'm disappointed. Now yes, never said it was a great series. But one of things I enjoyed about S1 was how ridiculously over the top each episode was, and it seemed like each episode tried to outdo the previous one in its stupidity. S2 so far has been, it's dropping to almost average mech anime. I was hoping the anime would be 'worse' this season. Not 'upgraded' to average.

Infinite Stratos S2. Kind of a case of not having high expectations and meeting them. IS has always been an average harem series with fanservice. And because of that, I'm enjoying it for what it is. Sure if I wanted to point out its many flaws I can do that. But again, for what it is, pretty happy with it.

Kill la Kill. This will be going against the grain here but, I'm thinking of dropping this series. Even when I tried to temper my expectations (because Gurren Lagann is that good even though I personally never finished it), it just feels off to me. Besides the humor feeling forced IMO, but also, the pacing. Like episode 6[edit]Episode 7. Typical getting rich changes people aside, the emotional change feel, sudden. From whoo! Mako's family is the best!, then to her getting a club, beating up people, then the corrupting nature of being rich, Mako's family are a bunch of bitches! and then resolution humanity's spirit triumphs all! I'm like whoa. All that in 24 minutes?

I know there have been plenty of series that do comedy and drama. And some do it quite well. But the way KLK does it, how it tries to go over the top comedy with the dark dramatic moments, just doesn't mesh with me.

Oh well. I know I've been suggested to watch Gundam Build Fighter and Log Horizon. It's a miracle I watched so many series in the Spring, and I have yet to catch up with most of them~ So I doubt I'll be able to start on them anytime soon.

Flamengers Assemble!  :fuck:  :sus:
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Okay this season is over and here what I think of the few shows I watched

Golden Time: So far I thought it was just correct, but the last episode (episode 12) make it look that will be getting better. I will continue watching it during winter

Infinite Stratos 2: It has nice moments, but I feel like it had not real plot.

KIll la Kill: Just pure awesome and weirdness. I will definitively watch all.

NouCome: I do like the show, but some of the abuse the main character took is just awful. For example, he talk with a cute girl at school and then guys come and kick his ass. Seriously, he just talk with the girl and they acts like he was raping her.

Walkure Romanze: Good, but generic and the characters had no real personality.

Golden Time: DROPPED. ghost banri a shit.

KLK: meh, getting really bored with this one.

Noucome: Finished, but won't watch again. Silicone kept me watching.

HnI Rising: PAINFULLY rushed, not even worth watching... But still doing so.

Yuushibu: First and only time an adaption was better, by scrapping the source material. Blurays. fucking. where.

Non Non Biyori: Completed, will watch again.