Winter Season 2014

Started by Tensami, December 30, 2013, 04:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 30, 2013, 04:56:45 PM Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 03:00:02 AM by Tensami
http://anichart.net/winter

Will it be another season of every goddamn idiot under the sun accusing "moe" of ruining anime instead of poor writing? SPOILERS!... Yes.

So let's see what looks interesting!

Chuunibyou 2 - Fuck yeah.

D-Frag! - I like the character designs so I'ma gon check it out.

Nisekoi - Heard good stuff about the manga.

Sekai Seifuku: zetsubiyoua kamenaistaorsomething... - Everything I've seen about this series leads me to think I will love it.

SoniAni: Super Sonico The Animation - I love me some dumb shit so why not!

Space Dandy - Shinichiro Watanabe. Yes.

Sailor Moon 2014 - HAHA YEAH LIKE THATS EVER GONNA COME OUT!
This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

Quote from: Tensami on December 30, 2013, 04:56:45 PM
http://anichart.net/winter

Will it be another season of every goddamn idiot under the sun accusing "moe" of ruining anime instead of poor writing? SPOILERS!... Yes.

Come on ! We all know before moe existed, all anime were good writing ! (sarcasm)

Anyway, I am interested in seeing:

-D-Frag!
-Nisekoi
-Saikin, Imouto no Yousu ga Chotto Okashiinda ga.
-Seitokai Yakuindomo season 2
-Space☆Dandy
-Witch Craft Works
-More of Golden Time and Kill la Kill
-Onee-chan ga Kita
-Sailor Moon....wait that now an ONA ?

Looking at the list, can't say I care for any anime in the winter season. Never got on the Chuunibyou train. And no plans to since, doesn't seem like the kind of series I watch.

Buddy Complex is clearly, not a train wreck like Valvrave. So negative points there.  :smith:

Nisekoi, a series I heard about, but, never really grabbed me. Maybe if I look into it more, I'd watch it. But eh.

Right now, until I hear 'great' things about the other anime, might be a time to play catch up on the stuff I got behind because of laziness. Ahaha... like that is going to happen.  :dogout:

So far the only new addition I'm watching this season is Witch Craft Works.

Thisseason is disappointed. Except for Kill la Kill and Seitokai Yakuindom, I had found all the show I had watched forgettable.  :neg:

Quote from: Gaston on March 29, 2014, 09:51:20 AM
Thisseason is disappointed. Except for Kill la Kill and Seitokai Yakuindom, I had found all the show I had watched forgettable.  :neg:

Oh come now, KLK was completely forgettable and filled with edge, fan service & low budget recycled animation. In fact by the halfway point I just started to delete the files right after watching because I knew I'd never watch it again.

So you did not like WCW? WCW was the real winner this season, with an almost entirely faithful adaption that only lacked in matching the manga's highly detailed artwork.

Give Nourin a try, it's the season's surprise hit. It's filled with parodies old & new cliches, while paying homage to gaming, anime & popculture.

Quote from: shades of blue on March 31, 2014, 09:56:56 AM
Oh come now, KLK was completely forgettable and filled with edge, fan service & low budget recycled animation.

This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

March 31, 2014, 05:09:42 PM #7 Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 05:12:41 PM by Dr.Soviet

Oh come now, KLK was completely forgettable and filled with edge, fan service & low budget recycled animation.

But it had moxy. :dogout:

Quote from: Gaston on March 29, 2014, 09:51:20 AM

Yeah but that so fun to watch! Mako is my new role model!

I thought WCM and Nourin was okay.

Three fucking seasons in a row now....missed.

Got to get my shit together fellas.

Well, the Tiger & Bunny, Buddha, Hunter X Hunter, and Lupin/Detective Conan movies should be fun. I also like the Inari Konkon and Magi mangas, but probably won't follow the animes. Zvevda, Space Dandy, Witch Craft Works, and Wizard Barristers might be interesting. Mouretsu Space Pirates seems like a reverse GXP, but I tend to dislike villain protagonist stories, even upbeat ones, so probably not.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

> Mouretsu Space Pirates
> villain protagonist stories

:smug:
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

It isn't? I thought that it was an upbeat take on robbing and pillaging? But I haven't seen it myself.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki