GXP volume 18?

Started by Ricin, June 24, 2019, 03:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Has anything been posted about this book? I have not seen anything bit it is well over a year since volume 17.

nothing yet, I think it might have been delayed.

this should be the last volume. im betting hes taking his time so he can crank out one last dujin for it... and get ova 5 done
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

How can it be the last volume? GXP was 14 novels, Renza Arc is 3 albeit larger novels?

That doesn't make sense

wtf is that a new doujin... in june? shouldnt be out till august.

renza ark was only supposed to be 3 novels long. his "fuck up" of accidently loosing his progress on volume two is the only reason it has 4 as far as i know. ive only read there were supposed to be 3 from fan comments on amazon
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

I thought that it would be more volumes because in the afterword of one of the novels he was saying he had to move the plot along even though he had not set up the world of Renza enough

Those doujins aren't new at all

if you consider that the firat novel is 4 episodes long and novel 15 is damn near 500 pages . hes had plent of timeanf space to write a 13 episode arc and has simply wasted it.
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

:Hek: Not to troll good sir, but a 500 page GXP bonanza is actually pretty cool.

June 27, 2019, 01:29:59 PM #11 Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 12:17:19 PM by GP cadet 87
I'm really surprised to hear that the GXP novels may be ending soon. Yes, I know the first book was published way back in 2003, but Kajishima only finished the "initial" arc of GXP just three books ago IIRC. He could pull an Ishibumi, make a new series directly after the current arc.

I think you can world-build with Seina better than Tenchi, TBH. Not to say Tenchi isn't cool or interesting, but Seina is a 15-year-old kid who suddenly has a huge harem of women, a spaceship, his own personal mecha, and his day job involves hunting down space pirates. Tell me you wouldn't want to see 20+ novels of that. 

Here's hoping Seven Seas announces the license acquisition of the GXP series at the Anime Expo next month. :)

Great analysis cadet 87. I'll add that the release of GXP in the mid 2000s coincided with early concepts for not only Geminar but what was probably going to be the other 3 light novels after Washu. The ability to world-build really draws upon a canonical environment where elements coincide with one another.

To add to what I said, Seina is one of those rare harem protagonists in a canonically polyamorous relationship. How will that work out, how does he interact with his brides on a daily basis, what are his relationships like? He owns a super-mech, but unlike Tenchi, he's still vulnerable. What would the action scenes look like?

What about Kiriko's spec ops training? Ryoko B's pirate background? Or Neeju, how does being 2,000 years old affects her relationship with everyone else? So many unanswered questions, and unfortunately, the GXP anime wasn't good enough to inspire lots of fan fiction and speculation.

That's why GXP has fascinated me so much, why I want to see the novels licensed so badly. The characters have interesting backstories, and Seina, being a newcomer to the galactic civilization, has an interesting perspective on it.

Well not to sound biased but the previous decade was just about the most dreadful time to make anime shows. I think Bebop closed out the quality of the late 80s and 90s while Code Geass was one of those neat outliers. GXP was almost dropped by Toonami in its first airing, they were so upset.