GXP Anime Discussion

Started by AstroNerdBoy, December 22, 2022, 10:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
It's a shame no one has translated this work yet.

https://e-hentai.org/g/2108391/a88b165260/

It might help us understand a bit more.

Apparently there's no actual story content in that one, so no one wants to bother with it. Kajashima Boomer talk with pictures.
A rough breakdown here, a few posts in.
https://www.uselesstenchi.org/Forum/index.php?topic=1597.0
...in my pants

Thanks, I was just looking for info since it looks like the girl on page 9 is going to show up in ep 3, I also think the girl on page 10 is Jovias original body before her reincarnation.

Ok, so I've just done a translation of these pages and it says that the new characters are Jovias friend who caused her death originally and her previous incarnation's mother.

So, regarding episode 2 (I won't get to do a video review until maybe the last week of July, unless I'm VERY lucky)...

One thing I've noticed about the GXP OVA is that there's at least an attempt to give some explanation of things. For example, the episode goes out of its way to show that the Dual! girls are cabbits. Further, there's a brief chat about how these are the Dual! girls without getting into the weeds. I will admit that if one hasn't watched Dual!, one won't get the references. But at least one doesn't need to have read the latest GXP novels.

I get Kajishima-sensei wants to oyakodon action, but I'm still not comfortable with the whole, "Yeah, your daughter may be first wife, but she's away now, so you may as well join the harem and get some while you can." From what little I remember of the Seina stuff in OVA 5, I don't think Tsukiko joins the harem. That aside, I loved the cabbits discussing this with Tsukiko. They all seem pretty level headed about things, considering their Dual! past and the fact that they are (potential) wives (consorts) as well. Not sure what they need to do to be "consorts".

The whole alien commune that is Masaki Village is pretty weird to me. Making Masaki Village segregated from the world made sense. But communal farming and other work would not be my idea of interesting. Further, it does beg the question of why the Yamada Store's growth is required at all. Not sure what a small, alien village would need with a facility that would ultimately act like a large, indoor mall.

<quote>It keeps going over things already covered in OVA 5 instead of moving on. Why the hell talk about building the house again? We get it... but, I guess all these girls just kept this plan from Kiriko, so she could be told about it like it's a new idea?</quote>

Chronologically, this happens before OVA 5. So story-wise, why wouldn't they discuss this as the new idea it is? And you are assuming everyone watched OVA 5. Many have not.

The real problem here is that Paradise Starting (still a terrible name) is a prequel to OVA 5. When OVA 5 was made, there was nothing about the Tenchi rights going to a new production company. And as I noted earlier, the new company isn't assuming everyone has watched/read every canon bit of stuff out there. Yes, there's still a high entry bar, but they are correctly writing things to lower that bar a bit.

Quote from: DarkReves on June 30, 2023, 03:40:50 PM
Thanks, I was just looking for info since it looks like the girl on page 9 is going to show up in ep 3, I also think the girl on page 10 is Jovias original body before her reincarnation.

now that you say it its all i see... preincarnated jobia
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on July 01, 2023, 12:08:01 AM

The whole alien commune that is Masaki Village is pretty weird to me. Making Masaki Village segregated from the world made sense. But communal farming and other work would not be my idea of interesting. Further, it does beg the question of why the Yamada Store's growth is required at all. Not sure what a small, alien village would need with a facility that would ultimately act like a large, indoor mall.</quote>

soft money laundering for jurai its explained in vol.2 of gxp. they all have produce farm planets as royals and to get money to use on earth they sell the produce  to exchange currency in a way. i mean its either that or gold they have to uae but they cant use too much of resources that dont spoil or it throws off the entire economy.

as for why they re tread the house the novels got kajishima developing this bad habit where since theres so many characters and different volumes they cover the same future plot points being thrown around to see reaction by the characters multiple times. its almost habitual in every novel to see the same plot points for the future discussed once a novel. kirikos resistance to being sexual with seina was a big one and so was the idea to marry all the girls to seina and so is shinji sake... every dang time. definatly because they dont assume fans nessesarily have seen all in order.

Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

I finally opened Volume 1 and 2. I've been spending way to much time reading Isekai Nonbiri Nouka Web Novel and Manga lately.

I have no idea how to upload pics here. Gotta figure that out.
Here are the translations for the booklets in the Blu-Rays. I'll split them up. Here is Volume 1.

V1 Booklet pgs 2, 3
01 Episode 1
   Home of the old days...? From the curtain-za
   Script: Hideki Shirane Storyboard: Fumikazu Sato
   Direction: Takashi Asami Animation Supervisors: Tomoyuki Abe, Mineori Suzuki

Food
Sundries
Hardware
Yamada Shoten

Wedding
Time has passed since Yamada Seina was kidnapped from his wedding ceremony and taken away from his home to Renza space where armored vehicles roamed. His crew is nostalgic for the familiarity of the solar system, and each of them is filled with their own emotions. However, there was one person aboard the ship who iss particularly annoying. Jovia Jovis ... a magician who came all the way from Renza to the solar system (also Seina's wife). The Kamidake was hurrying back to the Earth with Jovia in high spirits.

While his wives are still busy with their remaining duties at Renza and Jurai, Seina and Miki and the rest of the Fuku-chans arrive at Masaki Village and Tenchi's house. Seina greets them on their return and explains what happened in Renza. Tenchi thanks them for their hard work, and Seina and the others decide to cooperate with them in dealing with Reia's past and Kenshi's future. Seina and his family decide to stay on Earth for a while, and as a result, they end up living at the home of Kiriko's mother, Tsukiko, who took care of him as much as his own mother did when he was a child. The scenery was the same as when he was a child, and the colors of the table were the same. Everything is the same as it was when he left the Earth, but Tsukiko, who has treated him like family, reveals her feelings for him. Seina and Tsukiko, the hands of their clocks begin to move quietly...

V1 Booklet pgs 4, 5
CHARACTER!
Masaki Tsukiko
CV. Yukino Satsuki
Mother of Kiriko and Kai. Seina has been a close friend of Kai's since they were children, and she has looked after him in Kiriko's absence as well. Everyone in Masaki Village knows that she has feelings for Seina. When she gets angry, she is as strong and scary as Kiriko.

Yamada Seina
CV. Nojima Hirofumi
Seina was Tenchi's junior on Earth, but he was suddenly transported to outer space and became involved with the Galactic Federation and the universe.
On the day of his wedding to Kiriko and the girls, he was abducted by the Seto Scouts, who were spies, to Renza. Finally, he returns to earth.

Jovia Jobis
CV. Yuzuki Rouka
A native of Renza, Jovia is a magician with a maiden's heart.
Despite her appearance, she is a pervert with a lot of "elements" that are not maidenly. She is a reincarnated person and has come to accompany Seina to confirm whether this world of Earth is her true home or not.

Nayuta
CV. Yuko Kobayashi
A new NB created for Seina who lost hisj original NB. Unlike the previous NB, it is quite normal (?) with decent software installed. Her personality is set close to that of Washu, the creator of this NB. It is also designed to be a "chibi" size.

V1 Booklet pgs 6, 7
BackGround ~ The Development of Yamada Shoten
Foodstuffs
Miscellaneous Goods
Hardware
Yamada Store
Before Seina left the earth

Super Yamada Store
When Seina returned to Earth

YAMADA
Yamada shopping center in the future

If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway!

And here is Volume 2.

V2 - Pgs 2,3
02 Episode 2
   Bright Rural Life
   Script by Hideki Shirane Storyboard by Fumikazu Sato
   Direction: Takashi Asami, Atsushi Nakayama Animation Supervisor: Tomoyuki Abe Animation Supervisor Cooperation: Keiko Ishii, Shiori Kono, Nanahiki Arima

The Day I Returned to Earth
On the day he returned to Earth, Seina spent the night in Masaki Village Tsukiko's house. The next morning, he had a secret conversation with Seto, Mikami, Washu and Jovia at breakfast. Then, Miki and her friends visit Tsukiko's house to greet her. Tsukiko and Miki meet for the first time in a long time and exchange a light embrace.
Nayuta accompanies them to the house to greet them. Tsukiko is interested in Nayuta, who has a different personality from the original NB, and Miki is surprised to see her. Meanwhile, Fuku, who is curious about Seina, visits the house.
Seina, who has already finished talking with Seto, sits in the living room and discusses his future plans.  The conversation turns to life and activities in the Village, but is put on hold until Kiriko and the girls return. Later, the "welcome party" at Masaki Village was a great success. Not only Seina, who is now a young man, but also Miki and the other members of the ladies' association were treated with affection "as a mascot," but Tsukiko's tense emotions overpowered everyone around her when Jovia was mentioned. The members of the ladies' association could only laugh at her attitude, but Akie gently reminded them of the future of Seina and Tsukiko, who had returned to Japan as adults.
Akie tells them of her plan to isolate Masaki Village from the rest of the world. She tells them that they will build a "house" for Seina and his family. And what will happen to Tsukiko's "feelings"?
Miki and the other girls are working hard in the fields to get accustomed to Masaki Village, and Seina is helping Tenchi with his work. When Seina returned home, he found Jovia sitting on the floor at dusk.

V2 - Pgs 4 and 5
CHARACTER!
Masaki Tenchi
CV: Kikuchi Masami
Masaki Tenchi is the main character of the Ryo-Ohki series. He is the grandson of Masaki Katsuhito, the chief priest of Masaki Shrine.
He is a direct descendant of the "Jurai Emporer," a monarchy that is the largest power in the Galactic Federation.
He is always tormented by female troubles.

Fuku
CV. Nakamura Chie
The sister of Ryo-Ohki, she is the main computer unit and energy generator of Seina's ship, Kamidake. Because it is the same type of ship as the Ryo-Ohki, she used to have only a beast form, but recently she has been able to change into human form as well. She is one of the few members who knows the solar system.

Miki Steinbeck
CV. Tanaka Rie
Seina's senior at the GP Academy. She lost her body in an accident during her training but transferred her consciousness to Fuku's clone body. Like Fuku and the others, she can also transform into a beast. She is the leader of Fuku and Kirche. Currently, she is one of Seina's wives.

Kirche / D
CV. Megumi Toyoguchi, Ai Uchikawa
Kirche: She is an AI, but has human rights. Like Miki, she currently lives in Fuku's cloned body and follows Seina. Like Miki and others, she is one of Seina's wives.

D: An astral clone of an "ancient prehistoric civilization" that was sleeping inside ZINV. She can change into beast form like Fuku. Curry is his favorite.

V2 - Pgs 6,7

Guide to Masaki Village Part 1
Overhead view of Masaki Village
Masaki Shrine
Masaki Village meeting place

ASTRO, The audio drama seems to indicate that yeah the reason for the huge supermarket is to funnel seinas earnings to earth money.
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

you know what i dont get, why did this new ova retread tsukiko telling seina about what would happen if he didn't go to space, she went over all this in the novels with him already when they came back to earth to see tenchi
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Eff Efferson on July 09, 2023, 06:04:20 PM
you know what i dont get, why did this new ova retread tsukiko telling seina about what would happen if he didn't go to space, she went over all this in the novels with him already when they came back to earth to see tenchi

I agree!
Since most people have the attention span of a squirrel and for those who didn't read the novels, I guess they felt they had to throw this in. I'm afraid I don't have a non-cynical answer.

I don't have as much annoyance of covering things in the novels as I do with them retreading details they've already covered in the anime releases. Why go over Kenshi yet again again again with Seina? They have effectively screwed up the chronology of the shows, as it certainly SEEMS like OVA4.4 would have already occurred... but now they seem to be saying that it hasn't?
As mentioned before, even though this takes place before, OVA5 already dealt with the house, and the explanation for the house, and when it did, treated it as if it were a completely new idea. Now, we can retroactively treat it as if Miki and the cabbit girls are just humoring Kiriko with "this novel new idea" of having a house near Tenchi that they have certainly never heard anything about before.
...in my pants

Howdy fellows and ladies. I just heard of this and I'm back to enjoy it with ya.
Say my name.

Baker.

You're dang right.

A new Synopsis and character descriptions are now out on the official site, it turns out the blonde elf in the opening is Souren and the plant creature has been described as a tree fairy.