Nontan Tenchi Yohou upload

Started by BobSchlotkin, January 05, 2023, 05:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Howdy all,
I just uploaded Tenchi Yohou to e-hentai.org.
https://e-hentai.org/g/2424930/792595e32d/

I'll get the other two scanned and uploaded this weekend.
Tenchi Ranhou
Koukairoku

Enjoy!
Bob Schlotkin
If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway!

That's nice work but if you want to prevent bleedthru from the other side, use a matte (not shiny) black behind the page as you scan it.  Posterboard works well.
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.

Quote from: جبريل 無道 on January 05, 2023, 04:17:20 PM
That's nice work but if you want to prevent bleedthru from the other side, use a matte (not shiny) black behind the page as you scan it.  Posterboard works well.

Outstanding,
I'll see if I can find something and try it again!

Thanks!
Bob

January 06, 2023, 04:46:25 PM #3 Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 04:50:45 PM by جبريل 無道
Also, and I guess this is a matter of taste, but if you want white pages with super deep black lines, see if you can color correction or adjustment in something like Gimp or Photoshop.  Gimp is free.  Function under Gimp is Color->Levels.

You can try auto level but I find it doesn't work well on older doujins. 

I would select a black point (something thick like the kanji by Ryoko's head works well).  Then a white point, an off-white area which you want to brighten.  I had to do this both on the bleedthru to make it disappear and towards the spine where the yellowing was heaviest.  Try multiple spots for the most removal.

Even if you don't want the white pages, you can deepen the black lines this way.

Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.

Quote from: جبريل 無道 on January 06, 2023, 04:46:25 PM
Also, and I guess this is a matter of taste, but if you want white pages with super deep black lines, see if you can color correction or adjustment in something like Gimp or Photoshop.  Gimp is free.  Function under Gimp is Color->Levels.

You can try auto level but I find it doesn't work well on older doujins. 

I would select a black point (something thick like the kanji by Ryoko's head works well).  Then a white point, an off-white area which you want to brighten.  I had to do this both on the bleedthru to make it disappear and towards the spine where the yellowing was heaviest.  Try multiple spots for the most removal.

Even if you don't want the white pages, you can deepen the black lines this way.

Yeah, I'll be saving this bit of advice!
Thanks!

I Just finished
Koukairoku
https://e-hentai.org/g/2427197/20cd5b2dc7/

and Tenchi Ranhou
https://e-hentai.org/g/2427199/ea5add43f8/

Your matte black backing worked like a charm!

Enjoy.

Has anyone tried to translate the interviews in the Nontan series?

I've been digging around, but I can't find any.

Also, I fixed the Tenchi Youhou upload to e-hentai. Same link as above.

January 08, 2023, 10:53:15 AM #6 Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 11:04:19 AM by Dreamr
Quote from: BobSchlotkin on January 08, 2023, 12:32:53 AM

I have partial machine translations of them that I've cleaned up so they're readable. (Muyou hitobito, Fuyo no hitobito, and souran.)  You want? And how would you like it?

砂沙美には珍しい暴挙、裸エプロン。
もちろん砂沙美の考えでは無く、そそのかした奴がいる。まあジョビアとかミロンとか雨音や玉蓮、海とか吉子や中学時代からの同級生等々が犯人。
とはいえ砂沙美の樹雷皇族としての類い希な、後ろを取らせない体捌きと調理技術(?)によって、最後まで誰にも気付かれなかったという...

Naked apron, a rare outrage for Sasami.
Of course, it wasn't Sasami's idea. Well, Jobia, Miron, Amane, Gyokuren, Umi, Yoshiko, her classmates from middle school, etc. are the culprits.
However, she is said to have gone unnoticed until the very end, thanks to her unparalleled body handling and cooking skills (?) as Sasami's Jurai royal family. ...

When your cooking skills are so good no one notices you are wearing nothing under your apron. lol

Quote from: Dreamr on January 08, 2023, 10:53:15 AM
Quote from: BobSchlotkin on January 08, 2023, 12:32:53 AM

I have partial machine translations of them that I've cleaned up so they're readable. (Muyou hitobito, Fuyo no hitobito, and souran.)  You want? And how would you like it?

砂沙美には珍しい暴挙、裸エプロン。
もちろん砂沙美の考えでは無く、そそのかした奴がいる。まあジョビアとかミロンとか雨音や玉蓮、海とか吉子や中学時代からの同級生等々が犯人。
とはいえ砂沙美の樹雷皇族としての類い希な、後ろを取らせない体捌きと調理技術(?)によって、最後まで誰にも気付かれなかったという...

Naked apron, a rare outrage for Sasami.
Of course, it wasn't Sasami's idea. Well, Jobia, Miron, Amane, Gyokuren, Umi, Yoshiko, her classmates from middle school, etc. are the culprits.
However, she is said to have gone unnoticed until the very end, thanks to her unparalleled body handling and cooking skills (?) as Sasami's Jurai royal family. ...

When your cooking skills are so good no one notices you are wearing nothing under your apron. lol

Oh yeah, I want!
Either here or by message.
I started running Fuyo no Hitobito through Google to OCR it last night. I've got about 22 pages done. Although there are more than a few holes that weren't recognized.

I'm sorry, I don't care how good her cooking skills are. Sasami in a naked apron would be the first thing I noticed! On the other hand, that goes for any of the girls!

I use copyfish for chrome to ocr for stuff on the internet. It allows for live capture, and even auto-ports it to either google translate or deepL translate.
If I have scans, then ocr.space (the web version of copyfish).

I've got it down pretty well now. Just remove the line-breaks, and correct the ellipses. Sometimes it misses periods or very short lines. Also does vertical. So much easier than 20 years ago when I was trying to scan true tenchi on a SCSI flat-bed scanner in Windows 95. To the manufacturer's credit, Kanji OCR actually worked fairly well.

Cross-posting as a reply to Bob. I saw no reason to keep it private, nor did I want to.

https://www.uselesstenchi.org/Forum/index.php?topic=1659.0