ova 5 novel translation progress

Started by Eff Efferson, February 18, 2023, 08:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Eff Efferson on March 27, 2023, 04:10:26 PM

ill change it in my edit too. honestly im so tired of this i dont know when ill finish it takes a long time to watch the show alongside and fix the translate. im midway to episode three they havent gotten to banjo island yet. i dont plan on doing 4 and 5 any time soon
[/quote]

Heh, I understand.
Going through the episodes and editing is on my list of things to do as well.

Once I finish editing this I need to finish GXP 17 2ed. I'm about 1/3 of the way through that.

BoB
If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway!

Quote from: BobSchlotkin on March 28, 2023, 04:38:39 AM

ill change it in my edit too. honestly im so tired of this i dont know when ill finish it takes a long time to watch the show alongside and fix the translate. im midway to episode three they havent gotten to banjo island yet. i dont plan on doing 4 and 5 any time soon

Dunno if the quote got bonked, but to both you and Eff, I wholly sympathize. Watching the fifth OVA was painful, and I began conceiving a very poignant alternative, for Ayeka and Ryoko to ditch the dinghy passengers (Tenchi, Seina, etc) and go snorkeling closer to the fringes, well enough removed from Kenshi's training.

FINALLY!
I just uploaded my take on the OVA 5 novel to Eff.
Damn, this one was painful! Not as bad as GXP 17 but pretty close.

I lazed out and didn't pull the screen caps that were in the original. I did find an OVA 5 pic for the cover and the BR covers for each chapter.

Enjoy!
BoB Schlotkin

April 10, 2023, 11:58:55 PM #18 Last Edit: April 11, 2023, 12:13:04 AM by Eff Efferson
Quote from: BobSchlotkin on April 10, 2023, 03:48:18 AM
FINALLY!

I lazed out and didn't pull the screen caps that were in the original. I did find an OVA 5 pic for the cover and the BR covers for each chapter.

Enjoy!
BoB Schlotkin

I'm reading through it along with the ova playing and you did so amazingly well I honestly feel like the official subs are crap compared to what you did. you even knew to fix the areas in red I didn't finish. :D this is great thank you so much for helping me finish this. It's not easy X_X. btw the reason I leave so many commentary notes in my work is because it qualifies the translation as commentary and thus copy right protected as fair use. I know i leave a lot.

I don't know about you but these scripts in text format just work better because we can finally see the thought process behind the characters and their reactions

its good to see the infamous we ran out of budget scene of tenchi flying through the woods seems just to be because he wrote very little detail of it and they improvised most stuff to when jovia is on the beach with the kids
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: BobSchlotkin on April 10, 2023, 03:48:18 AM
FINALLY!

Enjoy!
BoB Schlotkin

Thank you!  :emot-chio:

Quote from: Eff Efferson on April 10, 2023, 11:58:55 PM

I'm reading through it along with the ova playing and you did so amazingly well I honestly feel like the official subs are crap compared to what you did. you even knew to fix the areas in red I didn't finish. :D this is great thank you so much for helping me finish this. It's not easy X_X. btw the reason I leave so many commentary notes in my work is because it qualifies the translation as commentary and thus copy right protected as fair use. I know i leave a lot.

I don't know about you but these scripts in text format just work better because we can finally see the thought process behind the characters and their reactions

its good to see the infamous we ran out of budget scene of tenchi flying through the woods seems just to be because he wrote very little detail of it and they improvised most stuff to when jovia is on the beach with the kids

Thanks Eff,
I'm happy to help. I saw the amount of work you put in doing GXP 1-16.

I definitely enjoyed seeing the thought processes of the characters, but I do wish we could have seen some of Jovia's reincarnation saga.
AND when are we gonna get the straight skinny on the infamous spanking that Tarant received!?

Once I figured out that the OCR moved a bunch of lines around, it was fairly easy to see where the problems were. Not easy to fix, but I could see 'em!

Thanks for the kind words!
BoB Schlotkin

omg i forgot to announce bob helped and i actually finished it. o.o i suppose i can host both versions. whats crazy is this now means we have all the novels translated.
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Good jorb to both of you.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Amazing how we still don't have the daughters names :frogonk:

Amazing that I overlooked this. Someone commented on my YT review video about an OVA 5 novel. I thought they were just confused. Then I came here and noticed this thread. 😅 Going to Eff's site, I see there was something iin book form for OVA 4 as well.

Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on May 31, 2023, 07:48:07 PM
Amazing that I overlooked this. Someone commented on my YT review video about an OVA 5 novel. I thought they were just confused. Then I came here and noticed this thread. 😅 Going to Eff's site, I see there was something iin book form for OVA 4 as well.

yeah i noticed occasionally i comment on youtube on random accounts i got
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here