OVA 5 Novel Major Reaveals

Started by Eff Efferson, February 28, 2023, 04:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1epGS97X184KS4XOZK_FSxWRRHfUyClP3tmkPYkTDCfk/edit

if anyone wants to read the google translate and current fixing here ya go
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

I skipped to the bottom...
The afterword....

"Anyway, this is the end of Tenchi uselessness... or rather, when I think about what I originally wanted to do, this is actually where the real thing starts, the story of Sazae-san's daily life.

Sazae-san???

...in my pants

Quote from: Nonsuch Ned on March 10, 2023, 10:19:48 AM
The afterword....

"Anyway, this is the end of Tenchi uselessness... or rather, when I think about what I originally wanted to do, this is actually where the real thing starts, the story of Sazae-san's daily life.

Sazae-san???

its a long running family sitcom like shinchan but animated worse
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Eff Efferson on March 10, 2023, 10:52:08 AM
Quote from: Nonsuch Ned on March 10, 2023, 10:19:48 AM
The afterword....

Sazae-san???

its a long running family sitcom like shinchan but animated worse

Long running is right. The show's VA's (of the child characters) are dying naturally of old age.
Oh, so, just a teasing reference. I guess that makes sense.
...in my pants

thanks for the hard work and I was right about Jovia being Tenchi's mom???

March 13, 2023, 02:42:28 PM #20 Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 03:35:13 PM by Dreamr
afa Jovia being Kiyone reincarnated, in a cut scene from the novel, Jovia claims to be an otaku who was killed as a result of an accident, and then reincarnated into Renza eight years ago. She goes on to describe events and behavior that could be Kiyone. But at this point, Tenchi is already into his twenties. So 20-8 would be 12. Kiyone died when he was a child. Not when he was twelve. So, while I cannot rule it out definitely, the only way Jovia can be Kiyone is if her spirit was held in limbo for several years.

I got 西南ちゃんの悪運に巻き込まれる事を、カケラ程も何とも思ってないのは伝わって来たわ as "I could tell that you don't care one bit about getting caught up in the bad luck of Seina-chan." "kakera hodo mo" = not a bit/ounce/iota/etc according to google and deepl.

edit: Page 140.... Right at the beginning of episode 5, the speakers are considering if Jovia is Naja (yes, that Naja). They both agree that that would be a huge problem.

Quote from: Dreamr on March 13, 2023, 02:42:28 PM
afa Jovia being Kiyone reincarnated, in a cut scene from the novel, Jovia claims to be an otaku who was killed as a result of an accident, and then reincarnated into Renza eight years ago. She goes on to describe events and behavior that could be Kiyone. But at this point, Tenchi is already into his twenties. So 20-8 would be 12. Kiyone died when he was a child. Not when he was twelve. So, while I cannot rule it out definitely, the only way Jovia can be Kiyone is if her spirit was held in limbo for several years.

I got 西南ちゃんの悪運に巻き込まれる事を、カケラ程も何とも思ってないのは伝わって来たわ as "I could tell that you don't care one bit about getting caught up in the bad luck of Seina-chan." "kakera hodo mo" = not a bit/ounce/iota/etc according to google and deepl.

edit: Page 140.... Right at the beginning of episode 5, the speakers are considering if Jovia is Naja (yes, that Naja). They both agree that that would be a huge problem.

I'm really lazy lately could i get some help translating the red sections that are original to the text and not in the final ... it would help immensely I can speed this up so quickly if i just process what is in the ova first
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Eff Efferson on March 13, 2023, 07:13:40 PM

I'm really lazy lately could i get some help translating the red sections that are original to the text and not in the final ... it would help immensely I can speed this up so quickly if i just process what is in the ova first

I'll be happy to help.
Could you drop the OCR'd doc into the GXP Drive folder?

Thanks!
BoB
If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway!

Thank you Dreamr. Once again, thank you to all of you that help with the translations. PEACE!

March 14, 2023, 02:30:01 PM #24 Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 01:54:07 AM by Eff Efferson
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wXdzTqY7UPrsjg4BhSSo2QBVgmYCciXpEc3S3hDUjz4/edit?usp=drivesdk

ocr version

noted by page number

if any of yall can just go through any section i havent covered yet and fix the auto translate text to the ova... id appreciate it im losing steam. i did the whole first episode but 2 is a shlog.   any bit helps get this done faster.
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Hey Eff, I just realized that you're the author of the Ryoko and Tenchi ascending into their own God level dimension theory. I just wanted to tell you that I think you are absolutely correct about how this whole thing ends.

Quote from: Eff Efferson on March 14, 2023, 02:30:01 PM
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wXdzTqY7UPrsjg4BhSSo2QBVgmYCciXpEc3S3hDUjz4/edit?usp=drivesdk

ocr version

noted by page number

if any of yall can just go through any section i havent covered yet and fix the auto translate text to the ova... id appreciate it im losing steam. i did the whole first episode but 2 is a shlog.   any bit helps get this done faster.

Hey Eff,
I was able to OCR the pages you were having issues with.

I'm not surprised you were having issues with translating this thing. I finally had to go through it line by line. The OCR moved about 5% of the lines. Some of them were moved either up or down as much as 5 lines. It had a hard time with lines with lots of ..... and didn't bother to include things like 「「「「........」」」」 and 「・・・・」.

I'll try to have this back to you early next week.

Thanks for your effort on this thing!
If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway!

Quote from: GeneStarwind9 on March 15, 2023, 11:01:03 AM
Hey Eff, I just realized that you're the author of the Ryoko and Tenchi ascending into their own God level dimension theory. I just wanted to tell you that I think you are absolutely correct about how this whole thing ends.

thanks. : / i doubt we will ever get to see how it all turns out but he sure has written more then enough to assume. I sure hope he has some sort of plot line bible written incase he goes kaput
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

March 17, 2023, 07:14:05 PM #28 Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 07:19:51 PM by Dreamr
Found another interesting tidbit. In the scene where Katsuhito and Airi are in the shrine and Kenshi and Yuzaki come through, the text of Airi's line is "とりあえず腰を上げてお尻でも打ってきたら?"

Something like "For now why don't you get off your ass and spank butts?"

Thing is... Katsuhito actually does spank Yuzaki. The whole scene with the first set of women training Kenshi is quite different.
It's Misaki who trains Kenshi with water-walking.

Another short one. When Kenshi throws Fuku in the pond after fooling her, she shouts "shimyatta" instead of "shimatta", relapsing into cabbit-like speech patterns. I thought it was cute enough to mention.

I've gotten up through page 149. I'll look for the red lines and see what I've got so far.

Quote from: Dreamr on March 17, 2023, 07:14:05 PM
Found another interesting tidbit. In the scene where Katsuhito and Airi are in the shrine and Kenshi and Yuzaki come through, the text of Airi's line is "とりあえず腰を上げてお尻でも打ってきたら?"

Something like "For now why don't you get off your ass and spank butts?"

Thing is... Katsuhito actually does spank Yuzaki. The whole scene with the first set of women training Kenshi is quite different.
It's Misaki who trains Kenshi with water-walking.

Another short one. When Kenshi throws Fuku in the pond after fooling her, she shouts "shimyatta" instead of "shimatta", relapsing into cabbit-like speech patterns. I thought it was cute enough to mention.

I've gotten up through page 149. I'll look for the red lines and see what I've got so far.
i love that i wish there was an english cat pun for that that fits 
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here