What Anime are you currently watching?

Started by Surgeon Of Death, November 07, 2014, 11:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Double post because it's been a while and this post is a significant update.  Not intended as a bump.

Anyway... with Nyaa, which was my means of keeping up to date with Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters and Tenchi Muyo! OVA 4 completely wiped (Likewise for the rest of you at least for OVA 4 I'm sure), it looks like I'm going back to what I've already got available to me and / or what is known to be worked on by other sub groups at other trackers, and will be waiting until OVA 4 gets English subs for both episode 3 and 4 to get back to it.  At this point, I'm not expecting to be able to finish Appmon so easily compared to OVA 4, given that only one smaller, lesser known sub group was working on it and Nyaa was their only means of distribution.  Shame given that I'm the Digimon guy around here...  :orks:

Ahem.  What I'm likely going to do is continue with both Kamen Rider Ex-Aid (Gonna have to switch sub groups through, but hey, at least it's still gonna be available!) and Kyuranger (Fun fact for Tenchi fans, Champ / Oushi Black has the same voice actor as DA KING... errr, I mean Azusa), get through all of ToHeart (1 and 2) starting on the exact date of the 20th anniversary, and then wait for Ultraman Geed to start up in July.  In addition, I'm watching Kyoryuger Brave as of earlier this week, which is a neat little continuation of the original series, which was adapted as Power Rangers Dino Charge / Supercharge (They likely won't do anything with Brave for PR though).

Watching Now
-Kamen Rider Ex-Aid
-Uchuu Sentai Kyuranger
-Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger Brave

Standby
-ToHeart (Everything from original series to TH2 Dungeon Travelers) (Starting 5/23)
-Ultraman Geed (Starting in July, series premieres on 7/8)

Backburner / Potentially forced to end premature
-Tenchi Muyo! OVA 4 (Hopefully once subs for episodes 3 and 4 are done, no time is wasted in putting them up)
-Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters (YEEEAAAAAH... good luck here given that only one smaller group was working on it and they've likely disappeared)
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Currently in the middles of season 3 of Sailor Moon Crystal. The first two seasons were meh, but it has finally gotten good with the third season. Plus, I have to say that I'm in love with the new version of Michiru Kaioh :huh:

I recently watched Ghost Stories (english dub, of course). It has become an inside joke for us at home to do Keichiro's trademark sob.

As for this season's anime I watched:
Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul
Eccentric Family S2
Natsume's Book of Friends S6
World Fool News S2
My Hero Academia S2
Suka-Suka
Grimoire of Zero
Alice and Zouroku
Tsuki ga Kirei

and I know this doesn't count, but I just got into Rick & Morty.

Updating stuffs.  The good news is that Appmon is still active given that the group doing it just moved to another tracker and made it known, so we're safe there.  Likewise for everything else.  I'm still waiting for a bit to begin ToHeart, but aside from that... list time.

Currently Watching
-Kamen Rider Ex-Aid.  DAAAAAANG did things just get crazy in this week's ep.  Kamen Rider Cronus is legit Dio.  Yes, THAT Dio.  As in, ZA WARUDO.  Seriously, at this point, I'm DEFINITELY going to recommend that anyone who hasn't watched a Kamen Rider series in their life but wants to?  Yes, go and start with Ex-Aid.  The video game motif makes it a good starting point for ANYBODY, and the story is REALLY good.  Everything actually gets explained eventually.

-Ultra Fight Orb.  These are only 5 minutes at most, but it's a neat way to continue Ultraman Orb's story for a bit longer (And introduce the Emerium Slugger form) while buying time for Ultraman Geed to be ready come July.  The nods to the Ultraseven 50th this year (Ultraseven, Ultraman Zero, and of course Emerium Slugger) are neat too.

-Digimon Universe Appli Monsters.  The last 8 episodes or so were slogging, not gonna lie.  That's because "oh look, Sixth Ranger trope character, and what's that? He's got a different Appli Drive than everyone else? Time to make everyone go SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY because TOYS PRINT MONEY!", but this week's ep bought things back on track.  Wish it didn't take 8 episodes for them to do so though... but so far, that's my only complaint about the series.  The first half was great, the 8 episode slogging was bad... but we're back on track.

-Dragon Ball Super.  I am a couple of episodes behind, but it won't take THAT long to catch back up.

Standby
-Tenchi Muyo! OVA 4.  As soon as English subs drop for episode 3, I'm in like Flynn.

-ToHeart.  Waiting a bit and when I start, going through the whole thing (Both 1 and 2).

-Ultraman Geed.  Waiting until, you know, it actually starts.

Dropped
-Uchuu Sentai Kyuranger.  Fell off course completely, so I'm gonna drop it just to be safe and get back to it later.

Quote from: Nanaten on May 07, 2017, 04:53:41 AMand I know this doesn't count, but I just got into Rick & Morty.

Oh... but what if I were to tell you that given I'm counting tokusatsu franchises (Ultraman, Kamen Rider, and Super Sentai) on my lists, then yes, Rick & Morty DOES count?  Bottom line, it's not anime.  Just as tokusatsu isn't anime.  Just saying.  +1 to your post.  :)
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.

I watched both seasons of Seitokai no Ichizon, read the sequel manga, and read a part of the light novel all in a few day. I rarely find shows that I enjoy enough to plow through like that, but this show has become one of my favorites. Ken has become one of my favorite harem mcs as well. Hopefully, someone eventually translates the light novels because the anime seemed to leave out a lot, and I'd love to give them a read.

I don't tend to watch shows as they air because I prefer to watch them at my own pace, but I'm watching a few this season.

Renai Boukun was the one I was looking forward to the most, and the one I'm most behind on. I really like the manga, but the pacing of the anime is terrible. They've cut so many fun parts out just to get to the hell arc, which isn't even that great. I keep telling myself I'll catch up, but in all likelihood I'll probably never touch it again and just keep reading the manga.

Another show I might not finish is Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records. I found the first two episodes really enjoyable, but everything after that I've had a hard time getting through. I find Sisti, Lumia and Re=l(what a stupid ass name) to be unbearable, and just want to see more of Glenn interacting with Celica and the rest of the class. I think this show would have been better if it had just been fantasy GTO.

The last show I've been watching is Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism. The mc is great, the girls are all insane and it's just been a lot of fun. It's the only show I'm caught up on, and I find myself really looking forward to it each week. Hopefully, whoever is translating the manga can pick up the pace a bit because I will probably start reading it after the anime ends.

Update stuffs!

Currently Watching
-Kamen Rider Ex-Aid.  It keeps getting better.  Ex-Aid and Brave got their final forms, stuff's getting real... yeah.  This show is GOOD.

-Digimon Universe Appli Monsters.  It keeps getting better here, too.  The only stuff that has to be explained now is lined up to be explained before it all ends, so we're in good territory.  8 episodes wasted is 8 episodes wasted... out of 52.  That's not bad, and at least those 8 came in a row rather than in spurts.

-Tenchi Muyo! OVA 4.  Episode 3 was EPIC WIN.

-Ultraman Geed.  Watched episode 1, and DAAAANG.  Orb was really good with its story and pacing, Geed is looking like it will be the same way.  The big difference here is that Geed Primitive VS Skull Gomora was a much better opening fight than Orb Spacium Zeperion VS Maga-Basser.

-Dragon Ball Super.  If you're not watching the Universe Survival Saga at this point, you're not trying.

Finished
-Tiger Mask W.  The series ended at the end of June, and dang nabbit, it was a fun ride while it lasted.

Standby
-ToHeart.  Why I haven't even started yet, I don't know.  But I'm gonna get to it.

-Tenchi Muyo! OVA 4.  Yeah, it's on both the current and standby lists now because as Rumble always said... "First we crack the shell (Wait for episode 4), then we crack the nuts inside (Wait for subs)".

Posting again because it's been a while.  Editing the previous post won't work.

Currently Watching
Dragon Ball Super - Dang, this past week's episode hit everyone right in the feels, even Goku.  The whole Universe Survival Arc being one big battle where they take moments to explain things is REALLY good (Especially given that 8 of the 12 Universes are involved in the darn thing).

Digimon Universe Appli Monsters - HUGE PLOT TWIST and now we're in endgame.  Big bad Deusmon coming up this week, heroic God Appmon incoming after that (Team Hadesmon here as far as the 5 heroic Gods go, by the way).

Ultraman Geed - Fell off course for a bit but now I'm caught up.  Ultraman Zero Beyond is just all forms of win.

ToHeart 2 - Got through the first 4 episodes of the TV series, and I plan on watching the whole thing in order (Including Dungeon Travelers).  Tough to pick a favorite character this early given that there's a 13 episode TV series and several OVAs of 2 to 3 episodes each to get through...

Finished
Kamen Rider Ex-Aid - Sit down, my friends, and let me tell you the story of a Genius Gamer named Emu Hojo... but yeah, Ex-Aid finished up this week, and it's officially going down as the series that I will recommend to anyone who wants to watch Kamen Rider but haven't seen any of the previous seasons, no questions asked.  The video game motif combined with its well written (And VERY awesome) story makes it the perfect entry point for newcomers to the franchise.  Favorite character award from me goes to Kuroto "Memelord" Dan (AKA Kamen Rider Genm).

Standby
Tenchi Muyo! OVA 4 - URK.  The wait for episode 4 and then subs is likely gonna be painful as @#$% compared to what originally was the plan because of that delay.  The fact that Ex-Aid is over makes it even harder to deal with honestly - I hope that someone picks up Kamen Rider Build quickly enough for me to watch that while I wait.

Right now, looking for 1080p of Sekirei (2008); Amazon is charging $29 for the HD season and the Bluray itself is a few bucks more. We'll see!

I recently watched the Tetsuwan Birdy OVA and thought it was pretty good.

I also watched the Ane Log OVAs which were great. It's a shame that it never got a TV series. It also sucks that the manga scanlation is dead. I need more Moya-nee in my life.

I tried the first 2 episodes of Sorcerer Hunters and the first episode of the Battle Athletes OVA. I'ill probably watch at least one more episode of each, but as of now I'm not all that interested in either.

And I've started catching up on One Piece too. I've watched 16 episodes but I'm still around 50 episodes behind.

Watched Josie and the Pussycats. Loved it. Anime Of The Year 1970.

Watching Josie and the Pussycats in Outer Space. Still like it but I want more music chases.

Been listening to the soundtrack nonstop ever since. Fucking amazing music.

Tried watching Riverdale when I heard Josie was in it. Instead it was Valerie and the Valeries. Fuck that. Also one of the worst things I've ever seen. Pure cancer. :emot-commissar: << Also my feelings towards the new Josie comic.

Also, Alexandra is best girl ya ding-a-ling.
This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

Doing some Spring 2018 season based anime catchup right now.  Given that My Hero Academia, High School DxD, and Full Metal Panic! are all getting sequel seasons in April, along with Sword Art Online getting a spinoff in April (And an actual sequel season later this year, hence why I'm doing the catchup now even though April gets the spinoff), I am doing that now to be ready (I haven't watched any of them yet, and YES, I am already well aware that the second half of SAO Season 1 is going to be an outright cringefest).  First on the list is DxD and Academia.

Anyway, usual bullet points list.

Dragon Ball Super - SERIOUSLY loving the Tournament of Power.  The continued nods to Dragon Ball lore that we thought we'd never see nodded again (Super Saiyan Second Grade and the Mafuba for example), some of the best and consistent action we've seen from the series in a while... but DANGIT.  That makes me sad that it's gonna be over in March.

High School DxD - Season 1 finished as of last night.  Gonna skip the OVAs in all 3 seasons for now and go back to them after I'm caught up with the TV episodes and Academia.  Knowing that there are 2 more seasons to get through, I don't have a favorite character yet (Issei and Rias are competing for that top spot so hard right now, but look out because Akeno is packing heat).  However... Koneko is DEFINITELY in possession of the "swag points" bonus.  BA Adorable?  DARN RIGHT.

My Hero Academia - 3 episodes into Season 1.  GOSH DARNIT.  Why did I not start watching this show sooner?  The idea of an anime heavily inspired by American comic books is just done so RIGHT here.  And oh, I can already tell that All Might is going to be my favorite character once I finish both seasons.  That's already a gimme.

Checklist for Spring 2018?  Simple.

-High School DxD Hero
-My Hero Acedmia Season 3
-Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory
-Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online
-Megalobox
-Persona 5

Yeah, you can see why I'm doing the catchup now.  4 of those are sequels / direct spinoffs to shows that already have canonical material leading to them.  Even though it's not a well known thing (Albeit it is tied into Ashita No Joe which IS well known), I'm definitely looking forward to Megalobox - it's probably going to remind me of the time I spent watching Tiger Mask W from late 2016 into early 2017, and that is a VERY good thing.  I'm also seriously looking forward to SAO Alternative (Finally, a season of SAO where Kirito in particular isn't gonna be around - this should definitely lower the level of complaints about this season by around 60%, give or take a bit).

And even though this technically doesn't count because it's tokusatsu, Kaito Sentai Lupinranger VS Keisatsu Sentai Patranger is also on my Spring checklist.  Gotta have something to fill the "long running series" void that Dragon Ball Super ending is going to leave behind, and I can't rely on Kamen Rider Build for that because I am NOT caught up with it at all.  But oh, Lupinranger VS Patranger starts at the beginning of February, so that's another technicality that prevents it from counting here...   :shy:

I watched season 2 of My Hero Academia. It has one of my favorite tournament arcs ever. I'm pumped for season 3. [spoiler]Especially for the All for One fight.[/spoiler]

I also started Ixion Saga DT. I'm not sure if I will finish this one. The day I started watching it I was really enjoying it and watched quite a few episodes, but when I went back to it a few days later I couldn't really get into it.

Alright.  Let's start by posting my watch list for Spring 2018.

-High School DxD Hero
-Persona 5
-My Hero Academia Season 3
-Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online
-Golden Kamuy
-Megalo Box

To catch up, I caught DxD in its entirety save for the OVAs (Those are filler stories anyway), Season 1 of Academia, and the first half of Season 2 of Academia, as in the U.A. Sports Festival arc.  My sentiments are the same as Ryo-Okay's - that is probably THE best tournament arc I've seen in any anime in quite some time.  I was going to watch Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory, but I haven't seen any of the previous seasons and by the time I was caught up for DxD and Academia... TIME UP.  So I switched it out for Golden Kamuy to compensate.

Anyway.  Right now, I've caught the first episodes for Academia Season 3, GGO, and Megalo Box.  Academia, recap episode basically.  GGO, good start and it definitely seems like it will be a different kind of story than SAO, even though it's set in the same world / canon (In fact, Kirito and the rest of the main cast won't appear in this at all).  Megalo Box, also a good start.

This anime season's gonna be GOOD.  :getin:

In, to say we desperately, desperately need a Kimi no Todoke S3.

I have been watching Kakegurui, Shokugeki no Soma, a bit of High School DxD and Stien's Gate 0.