Pretty Sammy round 2

Started by Ryo-Okay, August 02, 2018, 11:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
AIC is attempting to crowdfund a new Pretty Sammy project again.
https://camp-fire.jp/projects/view/90814?token=9t85asvu

They are also trying to crowdfund a new El Hazard project.
https://camp-fire.jp/projects/view/90343?token=yeplhurg

They should try getting the things they crowdfunded already done before crowdfunding more but AIC is retarded.

The new El-Hazard looks....different.

I kinda' like.  :chord:
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

aic is dead . f to pay respects
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

QuoteJinnai and the Bugra queen's daughter is a cutie.

She almost looks like her aunt Nanami.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

QuoteAll four projects are intended to be 5 minutes long as AIC wants to use these crowdfunded PVs to entice sponsors to move forward with funding for possible TV projects in the future.

They need to crowdfund just a 5 min promo video?
Lol wat?  :shepicide:

I like the Jinnai, Queen, Miz, and Afura designs.  Makoto is meh.  I hope they change Ifurita back --.--
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.

Quote from: جبريل 無道 on August 10, 2018, 06:01:35 PM
I like the Jinnai, Queen, Miz, and Afura designs.  Makoto is meh.  I hope they change Ifurita back --.--

Unless you're looking at images I can't seem to find, the Bugra queen, Miz and Afura haven't had their designs shown and Makoto has only been shown from the back. The designs they show are for presumably the new MC Naoto, Jinnai and the Bugra queen's daughter, Fujisawa and Miz's daughter, the new wind priestess, Jinnai, and a Bugra. Ifurita's new outfit makes her look homeless.

August 12, 2018, 09:08:57 AM #10 Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 09:18:39 AM by WarOmnimon
Quote from: Ryo-Okay on August 02, 2018, 11:40:31 PMThey should try getting the things they crowdfunded already done before crowdfunding more but AIC is retarded.

Agreed.  Case in point, even the Megazone 23 sequel, which was the only one of the previous successful kickstarters, just got a second one as well.  I don't fully follow either Megazone 23 or El Hazard, so I can't give honest opinions on either, though I WILL agree that the El Hazard sequel looks much different in terms of setting and so forth.  Still, it's good that they're giving the Sammy sequel another chance...

Quote from: blackwhite256 on August 10, 2018, 12:05:53 AM
QuoteAll four projects are intended to be 5 minutes long as AIC wants to use these crowdfunded PVs to entice sponsors to move forward with funding for possible TV projects in the future.

They need to crowdfund just a 5 min promo video?
Lol wat?  :shepicide:

...WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?  I take it back...

They need to go through all of this just to crowdfund 5 minute promo videos?  ALL OF THIS JUST TO CROWDFUND 5 MINUTE PROMO VIDEOS?!

THAT'S IT!  *Pesto intensifies*

...real talk, I agree completely with blackwhite256 here.  The fact that AIC has to resort to crowdfunding just for 5 minute promo videos is just plain STUPID.  Seriously, at this point they should just sell EVERYTHING they own to Kadokawa.  Forget selling just Tenchi to Kadokawa, because this has just shown us that AIC is fully incompetent with EVERYTHING they own at this point.  Kadokawa would do a much better job with Tenchi as I've been saying for months, and now I can safely say that if they get EVERYTHING from AIC, they'll do much better with those franchises, too.
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-08-12/aic-plans-crowdfunding-for-el-hazard-sequel-project/.135364

Quote from: WarOmnimon on August 12, 2018, 09:08:57 AM
...WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?  I take it back...

They need to go through all of this just to crowdfund 5 minute promo videos?  ALL OF THIS JUST TO CROWDFUND 5 MINUTE PROMO VIDEOS?!
Yes. They have always been 5 minute videos to use to try and get investors interested. You don't honestly think they'd be able to crowdfund millions of dollars for an anime do you?

Also I'm not sure why you hold Kadokawa in such high regard, they're fucking awful.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on August 12, 2018, 10:51:20 AM
Yes. They have always been 5 minute videos to use to try and get investors interested. You don't honestly think they'd be able to crowdfund millions of dollars for an anime do you?
Well, I understand and welcome the idea of crowdfunding the series but to crowdfund a 5 minute PV just make no sense. This is like a company crowdfunding an advertisement in order to crowdfund a non-finished product, which is ridiculous. This shows that either AIC is incompetent in terms of advertising, lack of faith, and/or they want to play it safe. AT least they are bringing back the old projects but if they really want to succeed then they are going to have to start making a trailer soon, not waiting for crowdfunding to decide...

Just my two cents.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on August 12, 2018, 10:51:20 AM
Also I'm not sure why you hold Kadokawa in such high regard, they're fucking awful.
Uh yeah, they have screwed up series like *cough* Kemono Friends *cough*

August 13, 2018, 06:52:59 AM #13 Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 07:01:55 AM by WarOmnimon
Quote from: Ryo-Okay on August 12, 2018, 10:51:20 AMYes. They have always been 5 minute videos to use to try and get investors interested. You don't honestly think they'd be able to crowdfund millions of dollars for an anime do you?

Crowdfunding a series is one thing.  But crowdfunding 5 minute promo videos that, by the way, won't guarantee that the shows will actually happen?  Ridiculous.  Consider this flowchart possibility...

-Fans fund the 5 minute promo videos.

-AIC gets the promo videos done and sends them out to the investors that might be interested... and then nobody ends up being interested.

-AIC has just gotten away with highway robbery.  The fans threw money at them for no reason.

When you couple this with the fact that the Megazone 23 sequel / reboot Kickstarter was successful but they're still doing a second one... yeah.  AIC is clearly to anime what Electronic Arts is to video games right now; moneygrubbers stealing money from fans (Case in point, how EA got away with the same thing with Star Wars: Battlefront II and basically baited consumers to buy those shady loot boxes).  I'm not even joking.  It's THE most accurate comparison I can actually make right now.

Quote from: blackwhite256 on August 12, 2018, 08:24:14 PMWell, I understand and welcome the idea of crowdfunding the series but to crowdfund a 5 minute PV just make no sense. This is like a company crowdfunding an advertisement in order to crowdfund a non-finished product, which is ridiculous. This shows that either AIC is incompetent in terms of advertising, lack of faith, and/or they want to play it safe. AT least they are bringing back the old projects but if they really want to succeed then they are going to have to start making a trailer soon, not waiting for crowdfunding to decide...

Just my two cents.

^ This guy gets it.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on August 12, 2018, 10:51:20 AMAlso I'm not sure why you hold Kadokawa in such high regard, they're fucking awful.

If you're saying that Kadokawa (Who owns the rights to Tenchi's printed material; that's why they're literally the only option in terms of taking Tenchi out of AIC's incompetent hands) is horrible just because of the stuff that happened with Kemono Friends (As blackwhite256 said), news flash... that's only one isolated case.  The only shade I've seen thrown towards Kadokawa in recent memory pretty much everywhere I go is all because of the Kemono Friends incident.  One goofup like that is nothing compared to the various goofups that AIC has been making lately.  I mean, since OVA 4 finished up, what has AIC actually released for ANY of their franchises?  Yup... zip.  Zero.  Nada.  Just putting these Kickstarters up.  That's it.

And oh, literally holding OVA 4 away from the western audience but actually allowing Ai, which was not received well in Japan, come over?  They've got some screws loose doing something like that.

And oh, basically hooking Kajishima and tearing his vision of GXP apart?  And preventing an anime based on the IF novels but agreeing to do Ai?  BOOM.  I never saw Kadokawa do ANYTHING like that to anyone else (Except with Kemono Friends; as I said, that's like THE only incident that I see them get bashed for).

TLDR It's a case of "the lesser of the two evils" right now, and given that the animation studio behind OVA 4 went bankrupt... if AIC is resorting to Kickstarters for 5 minute promo videos that don't even guarantee that the shows can actually happen (And could thus potentially mean that they'll take fans' money like thieves in the night *cough*Electronic Farts*cough*), I can virtually guarantee you that OVA 5 (Which Kajishima promised us) will NOT happen under AIC's watch.  At least Kadokawa would make sure that OVA 5 can happen, and who knows... they'd probably let Kajishima have more free reign with its direction than AIC would.  Kajishima as a franchise creator and Tenchi as a franchise clearly need to move on to greener pastures, and Kadokawa is their best option given that they already have the rights to Tenchi's printed material.

Just my two cents.
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Quote from: WarOmnimon on August 13, 2018, 06:52:59 AM
-AIC has just gotten away with highway robbery.  The fans threw money at them for no reason.
The fans knew what they were giving their money too.

AIC is clearly to anime what Electronic Arts is to video games right now; moneygrubbers stealing money from fans (Case in point, how EA got away with the same thing with Star Wars: Battlefront II and basically baited consumers to buy those shady loot boxes).  I'm not even joking.  It's THE most accurate comparison I can actually make right now.
Comparing a broke anime studio to multi-million dollar company isn't even close to accurate.

If you're saying that Kadokawa (Who owns the rights to Tenchi's printed material; that's why they're literally the only option in terms of taking Tenchi out of AIC's incompetent hands) is horrible just because of the stuff that happened with Kemono Friends (As blackwhite256 said), news flash... that's only one isolated case.  The only shade I've seen thrown towards Kadokawa in recent memory pretty much everywhere I go is all because of the Kemono Friends incident.  One goofup like that is nothing compared to the various goofups that AIC has been making lately.  I mean, since OVA 4 finished up, what has AIC actually released for ANY of their franchises?  Yup... zip.  Zero.  Nada.  Just putting these Kickstarters up.  That's it.
Kemono Friends is just a recent example. Before that it was how they completely mishandled Kantia Collection.

And oh, literally holding OVA 4 away from the western audience but actually allowing Ai, which was not received well in Japan, come over?  They've got some screws loose doing something like that.
Everytime you talk about AIC you bitch and moan about how they refuse to let Funi license OVA 4, so I assume you have some kind of proof that AIC is the reason for this right? It's far more likely that Funi just doesn't want to license a series that relies so heavily on untranslated spin-off novels.

And preventing an anime based on the IF novels but agreeing to do Ai?
If Kajishima really wanted to do an If anime then why the fuck wasn't that OVA 4?

TLDR It's a case of "the lesser of the two evils" right now
In my opinion AIC is by far the lesser of two evils. OVA 4 can only really be considered a success because it was released by AIC. A big company like Kadokawa wouldn't see 4000 copies sold per episode as a success. Hell the only OVA series I know Kadokawa is releasing is Stirke the Blood and an episode of that sold twice as much as an episode of OVA 4.

Let's assume Kadokawa actually buys Tenchi, and they release OVA 5. If it sells the same as OVA 4 then they ax it and don't fund anymore OVA's. Then they try to make a new TV anime AU. It sells like shit because fans don't want more AUs, so they don't fund anymore AUs. After both of those fail they decide to animate the GXP novels because they're the only Tenchi product that sells decently. The 12 episode anime comes out sells well and gives the light novels a little boost, but we get no season 2 because this is fucking Kadokawa.

Tenchi isn't as popular as it used to be. Sending the series to a huge company is a death sentence for the franchise. AIC is incompetent but in a desperate attempt to save their dying company they've started funding more Tenchi stuff, and I'd much rather have poorly animated exposition than nothing at all.