Your kind of music?

Started by Washu Student, March 07, 2014, 08:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I love classic and hard rock. I lean heavily towards Van Halen and Pink Floyd, as well as Tom Petty.
"Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice." -Sydney Freedman from M*A*S*H.

March 08, 2014, 02:11:50 PM #2 Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 02:54:19 AM by Harls
Both kinds.
Country and Western.
  :smug:

That's a joke, son. ;)

My iPod has varied stuff, mostly rock and OST's.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Upbeat or meditation music.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Anime: Kanako Itou,Linked Horizon and Aya Hirano

J-Pop: nano.RIPE, 2PM and MBLAQ

Western Pop: Bruno Mars, Daft Punk,Michael Jackson,Gorillaz,Wham

Rock: Yes,Queen,Red Hot Chilli Peppers,Nightmare,UVERworld

Hip Hop/Rap:Diggy-Mo',Soul'd OUT,Eminem,Kanye West,Macklemore.

My tastes vary.

Song by song basis.
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.

I love 80s music, Classic Rock, Classical, but I primarily listen to J-POP most of the time.  My favorite Japanese band was BabyMetal.  I could get entranced watching the choreography, and I love the upbeat melodies.  Sometimes, I'll listen to techno or trance, and there was a time in my life when I was fascinated with Indian music.

I'm an eclectic music snob.
Mainly "alternative" but I like "good" music from any genre. Rock, Pop, Dance, Rap, Country, Soul, R&B, Funk, Jazz (vocal and freeform), World, certain Gospel, I'm big into Folk/Americana (and have been a DJ for the format).
Don't listen to much classical, but don't avoid it. If anything, classic Blues turns me off the most, but if you mix it with something else- great stuff (Like Living Colour's Shade album).
I've been buying vinyl for a while now. Sitting on my "to listen to" stack is The Breeders, Iron and Wine, John Prine, PJ Harvey, The Meters, Willie Nelson and Santigold. Gotta order the new Aesop Rock album too...
...in my pants

Rock and Roll. Some metal. Occasionally hip hop.

Many of the above artists are on my play lists.

To me, it isn't what kind of music. It's if I think the music is good or not. I'll listen to anything so long as I think it's good. So instead, I'll just list some (But not all) of my favorite artists regardless of genre (In ABC order) and be done with it.

BACK-ON
Calliope Mori (Yes, I included a VTuber on my list, DEAL WITH IT)
Dragonforce
Europe (The Final Countdown will always slap and I will die on that hill)
fripSide
JAM Project (Also the various members individually)
Little V (His epic metal covers are bomb)
MC Hammer
Megumi Hayashibara
Nana Mizuki (Everything she performs slaps and I will die on that hill too)
Van Halen
Wada Kouji (RIP)
Yoko Takahashi

Also several of the voice actors and voice actresses from THE iDOLM@STER and Love Live!. Too many to list here, though; I'm gonna have to do a separate list for that and it might take me a little while.
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)