GXP and paradise war translation updates/discussion

Started by Eff Efferson, May 07, 2018, 11:12:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
GXP episode 1 takes place during or slightly after OVA 3 episode 4 (operation Lovey Dovey).

By the time of Rea/Lea's wedding we are talking about episode 14-16.

On Eff's translations of the novels he lines up each novel to episodes of the anime.

after the end of episode 8 when he gets his first round of bioenhancement and amanes parents stop by. in the novels miki ships off to work in the decoy division and is murded by shank then shank tries to murder kiriko to get at seina but falls in love with her as she drips covered in blood in her psychotic protect seina mode.
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

theres  basicly an entire cut episode there before theres a timeskip and it aligns with what there talking about in ova 4 about getting widows astral from jurai we even see the ova 3 box art moment of washu with fuku enbedded in her shoulder in the novels implying the time skip of 3 months takes starts off immediatly after nobu's wedding.
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

I agree. Thanks for helping the community so much Eff.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

GXP 5 is fixed.
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Yo Eff, does this time skip of 3 months leave room for some other stuff to happen in the OVA / GXP canon but away from the immediate Masaki village? I wonder if there are other plot arcs that have yet to be addressed and concurrent with OVA 4.

Quote from: WaitoKon on September 22, 2019, 03:41:25 PM
Yo Eff, does this time skip of 3 months leave room for some other stuff to happen in the OVA / GXP canon but away from the immediate Masaki village? I wonder if there are other plot arcs that have yet to be addressed and concurrent with OVA 4.

the timeskip of 3 months is the time betwwen ova 3 and 4.

i mean... after novel 5 alot of stuff happens with the tenchi house. washu births fuku, setos memories as naja are unsupressed, ryo visits jurai on a good will mission and picks up neiju to save her from melmas. the seed from the ship shot down in the washu novel is retrieved.
neiju arrives on earth before seina for some reason... tenchi starts getting weird powers, tarrant attacked earth to get seinas parents, thats all happening really close to the end of ova 4
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

in contrast mihoshi getting fixed, airi reconsiling with yosho and ayeka forgiving her, washu sorting things out about her son, ryoko getting tenchi's haori (most likely that was when declared his choice for head wife) are all events happening during another time period (theres a skip once the good luck fleet starts up)  that seems to imply we've lost about an ova's worth of material a good ova at that.. but like... we know what happens so cant complain too much ... no wait i can. I WANT TO SEE HOW SHE GOT THE HAORI KAJISHIMA! YOU CANT SHOW US 4 different weddings and not show us tenchis AAAAAAAAA
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Eff Efferson on September 22, 2019, 09:54:54 PM
I WANT TO SEE HOW SHE GOT THE HAORI KAJISHIMA! YOU CANT SHOW US 4 different weddings and not show us tenchis AAAAAAAAA

Yes, I too want to feel the breeze and bluster of that affair. Like the original show, a very fasten-your-seatbelts vibe. GXP almost had that. Nevertheless, I agree it would be better to see the material you mentioned revisited, perhaps in a pre-OVA V special.

GXP 1-8 are now fixed for grammar, only a few more to fix up till I'm able to finish up the series
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

You the best Eff! This give you time to dabble with the video novel idea?

Quote from: WaitoKon on December 09, 2019, 12:05:34 PM
You the best Eff! This give you time to dabble with the video novel idea?
I might finish it up some day i personally thought the formst helped a lot and have it a nice feel but boy was it hard to improvise. gxp has a real lack of shots that are apropriate for that part of the story expecially since ermas in ryokos place and there was a ton of scenes that were way different.
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

right now im grammer fixing 9 and im working on 12 again thats my top priority this month i wrote two books last month of my own on compairitive mythology and self published them to amazon... so Ive mostly just been dicking around with my hobbies i really have way to much free time on my hands again i need to find another job.
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Eff Efferson on December 13, 2019, 05:20:33 AM
right now im grammer fixing 9 and im working on 12 again thats my top priority this month i wrote two books last month of my own on compairitive mythology and self published them to amazon... so Ive mostly just been dicking around with my hobbies i really have way to much free time on my hands again i need to find another job.

Gonna link them books or wut