Pretty Sammy round 2

Started by Ryo-Okay, August 02, 2018, 11:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 13, 2018, 12:22:12 PM #15 Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 12:29:04 PM by WarOmnimon
HOO BOY...

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on August 13, 2018, 10:28:32 AMKemono Friends is just a recent example. Before that it was how they completely mishandled Kantia Collection.

News flash, they corrected that.  I actually pay attention to what's going on with Kantai Collection, and the fanbase is loving what's going on with it right now and the 5th anniversary stuff is going well.  You can't use Kancolle as an example, because they corrected those errors.  Kemono Friends, on the other hand... different story.  I already agreed with you and blackwhite256 on it twice, and I'll agree a third time.  But comparing Kadokawa's messups with Kancolle and Kemono Friends is like comparing apples to oranges at this point.  They corrected things on one end (Kancolle).  They didn't on the other (Kemono Friends).  It's as simple as that.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on August 13, 2018, 10:28:32 AMEverytime you talk about AIC you bitch and moan about how they refuse to let Funi license OVA 4, so I assume you have some kind of proof that AIC is the reason for this right? It's far more likely that Funi just doesn't want to license a series that relies so heavily on untranslated spin-off novels.

Whatever the case may actually be (I will admit that I don't have proof of this), at least getting OVA 4 over here (Or at least prioritizing it coming out before Ai) would have actually made more sense than giving us an AU that completely BOMBED in Japan and almost completely killed Tenchi as a franchise.  Think about that.  Seriously.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on August 13, 2018, 10:28:32 AM
If Kajishima really wanted to do an If anime then why the fuck wasn't that OVA 4?

Simple.  CORPORATE, MEDDLING.  I mean, why else would we have to deal with Nobuyuki and Rea's wedding twice when it was already a major plot point in OVA 3?  That's very clearly something that AIC forced on Kajishima.  As for why it wasn't OVA 4, keep in mind; Kajishima outright said that he wanted to do an If anime, and then AIC said no and instead we got Ai.  I believe Based Fap said something about it...

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on August 13, 2018, 10:28:32 AMIn my opinion AIC is by far the lesser of two evils.

I'm gonna respectfully cut you off before you even continue and start bringing sales numbers and stuff into the picture... because it seems that you'd rather let AIC continue to play the corporate meddling card and completely @#$% on the direction that Kajishima actually wants the franchise to go down.  Yet at the same time, the two of us have fully agreed several times that Digimon Adventure tri. was a disgrace to Digimon Adventure... so my question is, who's side are you even on at this point!?  That seems kinda farfetched to me that you'll jump down Toei's throat for doing this to Digimon (And rightfully so; tri was a trainwreck, end of story), but won't jump down AIC's throat for doing this to Tenchi... even though they are basically doing THE EXACT SAME THING.

Let's not even talk about sales and what has happened with Kadokawa's other franchises, because now you're opening up a completely different can of worms.  The truth is, Kadokawa hasn't @#$% on Kajishima's vision like AIC has.  The novels?  Kadokawa didn't push for any changes to those.  Kajishima actually got to tell the story that he intended to tell.  Even if Kadokawa takes charge of the Tenchi anime and sales don't work out, at least we'll get something that's actually quality and accurate to what Kajishima wants it to be.

If you STILL don't get why I'm saying that AIC has @#$% on Kajishima's vision... simple.  Multiple cases of corporate meddling.  MORE THAN ONE.  That combined with these Kickstarters just to put out videos for investors confirms that I no longer trust AIC with Tenchi, and that Kadokawa needs to take over... and they need to do so soon.

Let me remind you of a couple of such cases of corporate meddling from AIC...

-Said corporate meddling messing up the direction of at least GXP, OVA 3, and OVA 4.  There is a VERY good reason why the GXP novels are different than the anime, because the novels are based on Kajishima's actual vision and intention for the franchise while the anime got hit with corporate meddling.  There are likely other cases, but I'm sure that Based Fap and several others know better than I do and can even go into detail as to what AIC did to mess things up in those cases.

-Saying no to an IF anime but approving of Ai, and Ai almost killing the franchise.  It's a MIRACLE that OVA 4 even happened because of that.

I rest my case.  Would you rather chance Tenchi moving to a company and at least having a quality ending that matches what the creator of the franchise actually wants, even if it ends up dying there... or would you rather it stay with a company who will say "no, we're changing it and if you don't like it, TOUGH @#$% because we're the boss!" even to the man who created the franchise to begin with?  Something that Toei did with Digimon Adventure tri. and is STILL doing as we found out recently?

...thought so.
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

August 13, 2018, 03:45:51 PM #16 Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 07:27:51 PM by Fap_fapperson
aic vs kadokawa:
aic has no more money and isnt even really the studio it once was like half the ppl quit shit got sold n traded n they broke...
there begging ppl to produce 5 minit pilots...
thats basicly end of debate. aic is just a fancy liscence sitting entitity at the moment. they barely animate anything and are essentialy a shell of a corperation at this point.

and yeah they turned down if to make ai
they needed the govt handout money.
and it still ruined them
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Fap_fapperson on August 13, 2018, 03:45:51 PMaic vs kadokawa:
aic has no more money and isnt even really the studio it once was like half the ppl quit shit got sold n traded n they broke...
there begging ppl to produce 5 minit pilots...
thats basicly end of debate. aic is just a fancy liscence sitting entitity at the moment. they barely animate anything and are essentialy a shell of a corperation at this point.

and yeah they turned down if to make ai
they needed the govt hqndout money.
and ot still ruined them

^ Based Fap's words here are GOSPEL.  If I hadn't done my +1 already today, I would have done so.  But then again, it went to Fap to begin with so...  :)

But yes.  This is the exact reason why I've been saying this whole time that Kadokawa needs to just walk right in, put money on the table, say "Hey AIC, here's an offer you can't refuse!", and scoop Tenchi as a whole.  When I started saying that, I was already aware of the messups they made with Kemono Friends.  I am aware of Kadokawa's faults as a company.  That's not the point of why I've been saying that Kadokawa needs to buy Tenchi.  The only reason why I even talked about their faults with other franchises is because Ryo-Okay basically said that Kadokawa was a terrible company, and when he said that, I KNEW that meant that he was going to drag their faults with their other franchises into the equation.  That wasn't something I wanted to have to discuss, because I wasn't looking to discuss their standings with other franchises.  I was looking to discuss their standings with Tenchi Muyo!.

*Deep breath*

Alright, moving on.  The bottom line is that my whole point with this is that at least Kadokawa lets Kajishima do what he wants with Tenchi and take it in the direction he wants without getting involved and doing the whole corporate meddling thing.  Look at how the GXP novels in particular are MUCH different from the anime.  News flash; Kajishima WANTED GXP to be portrayed in the way the novels do.  Kadokawa actually lets him choose the direction of Tenchi's story.

But AIC?  ROFLMAO NO.  Corporate meddling.  They forcibly skewed GXP.  OVA 3 and OVA 4 quite a bit too.  As Fap noted, they said no to an If anime and allowed that steaming cowpie known as Ai to happen instead.  And now they're basically, as Based Fap put it, begging people to make 5 minute pilots?  PFFFT.

This is the point of what I've said from the getgo.  Kadokawa lets Kajishima portray Tenchi as it's supposed to be portrayed, even though only via the novels right now.  Not only has AIC been stonewalling him and changing stuff around as we saw with GXP, but they actually shut him out from doing what could have been an absolute blast of an anniversary season and gave us a steaming cowpie of an anniversary season instead.  I mean, to compare even though I have to veer off topic for a moment here.  Even Power Rangers Megafarce (Yes, I said "Megafarce", not "Megaforce"; Megaforce and Super Megaforce were steaming piles of @#$% and that's the bottom line) is a better anniversary season for its home franchise than Ai, and that's plain SAD when you have to consider that Megaforce is a terribad anniversary season, but there are actually worse anniversary seasons out there.  Ai exists.  Digimon Adventure tri. exists.  And out of those three, I personally think that Ai is the worst of the bunch because not only was it bad, but it almost killed its home franchise.

Long story short.  The whole SAVE_US.KDK thing was because as many faults as Kadokawa has, at least they treat Kajishima and Tenchi Muyo! with the respect they deserve.  AIC doesn't.  The track record doesn't lie given that this corporate meddling thing extends all the way back to GXP.

And with that... KingEtemon has left the building.  Thank you and good night.  ;)
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

August 14, 2018, 10:37:03 PM #18 Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 10:56:21 PM by blackwhite256
Well, WarOmnimon and Fapperson pretty much have summed it up even though I kinda don't agree with the Kadokawa thing but... At this point I really wish that AIC gets their [spoiler]:damn:[/spoiler] crowdfunding or whatever needed to get these series out the door. It's been way too friggin long for them to bring the El-Hazard back (and please no, I don't want another Pretty Sammy, too many magical girls out there already <- gets mobbed by Sasami fans).   

Fingers crossed~~

:shy:

August 18, 2018, 08:22:09 AM #19 Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 08:28:00 AM by Gaston
I would watch El Hazard sequel just to sees Jinnai's daughter thought if that sequel ever happen I am afraid that will be bad. I get the feeling AIC is so disapeared they are going to put sequel of their more famous show from the 90s most people don't care about those years in hope they finally get money again without having any good ideas whatesover.

I doubt those new show are going to happen anyway. At best they will get enough money for 2 minutes of animation. Just let AIC die they already ruined El Hazard, Pretty Sammy and Tenchi Muyo enough for me.

Wouldn't mind watching either of these -- especially El-Hazard, really loved that one.
Still seems like Tenchi is trapped in limbo. Not sure what is even going on with AIC.

I pretty much agree on all points regarding how AIC is treating its franchises badly.  I mean, really.  Letting Nabeshin to take over GXP and basically turning it into his own damn fanfic was a loud and clear signal that they didn't give a shit about what Kajishima-sensei wanted.  And AI Tenchi Muyo simply sealed the deal.

For the record, I like the idea behind ATM's story... That a Princess of a lost clan of Jurai's Royal Family gets caught in a time warp on Earth and Tenchi is sent in by Washu to investigate...  but that could seriously have been done a lot better.  I mean, the girl with the groper-stockings was just waaaayyyyy too much.  That one character alone.... It's like someone set out to make a cabarete, found only the most ridiculously big-bosomed women he could find, never minding that most of them were the sort that you'd never want to see nude, and then running across the stage with lit road flares in hands while gesticulating to these women and screaming "LOOK!  GIANT TITS!"

That's how far off the mark AIC is.

And now they're basically doing the internet equivalent of panhandling, promising something that is not going to take millions of dollars to make.  There has literally been entire feature length anime films made by one man alone and a few people supplying voices, and he didn't crowdfund a damn thing.  (Voices of a Distant Star, anyone?)  Nobody needs to give AIC a single freakin' yen until they got an actual product worth selling.

Kadokawa, I am sure, will do much better by Kajishima-sensei.  Even if it's not exactly what he wants, it won't be like that aborted wet-dream of a horny teenager's fantasy that was ATM.

Oh welp.
Just checked out the crowdfunding site recently and it turned out that people are more interested in El-Hazard than Pretty Sammy but both with abyssal amount of funders...

Now it says that both projects are "Funded" so does that mean that they are going ahead with the PV (and possibly the new series)?

Sounds like a job for Sentai Filmworks, they have one of the biggest budgets thanks to streaming kickbacks.