OVA 4 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, December 30, 2015, 09:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Just a reminder of what to expect with OVA 4, It seems that it will focus on GXP novel characters,Minaho and Yosho's lineage. Although this isn't what most people expect some of this is things the Japanese audience have wanted. Just always remember we aren't the primary market and it's best to take things as is!

Quote from: جبريل 無道 on September 10, 2016, 04:58:04 AM

It says it's Tennyo but her hair is exactly like Kiyone's (their bangs are different)... Kiyone still alive and fucking with everybody confirmed?                                                      :P
This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

My opinion on the new look?  I love it.  It's the same way I felt about the OVA 3 changes.  They changed the art style to match the current times, but they didn't change the overall appearance of the characters.  Completely different from what Ai did and that's "let's change everything because we don't care about what it's supposed to be".  It looks like AIC listened and I am breathing a sigh of relief for that.

And as the good soviet doctor said, this is definitely looking like it will focus on the GXP novel characters and so forth.  Do keep in mind, Kajishima DID say that OVA 5 is likely going to be a thing, so don't load the panic baskets just yet.  Nothing is actually lost yet... in fact, we have what we wanted found again if you ask me.  :)
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Maybe it's because I haven't been a fan that long, and I'm not nearly as invested in this series as others. Learning about the descendants of Yosho and his first wife sounds really appealing to me.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on September 10, 2016, 09:46:35 PM
Maybe it's because I haven't been a fan that long, and I'm not nearly as invested in this series as others. Learning about the descendants of Yosho and his first wife sounds really appealing to me.

Hey great : ]

Also a promotional image for OVA 4 uncompressed

http://tenchimuyo4th.com/core_sys/images/main/top/t_main_bg0910.jpg

I love what they've done with Noike's face.  Before, with that hair style, the shape of her face simply didn't work.  It's really subtle, but the effect is huge.

Also, did anyone else bust out laughing at that shot of Mihoshi's sour expression as she's saluting?  I can't wait to see what the hell's got her panties in a bunch!  :D

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on September 10, 2016, 07:32:45 PM
Just a reminder of what to expect with OVA 4, It seems that it will focus on GXP novel characters,Minaho and Yosho's lineage. Although this isn't what most people expect some of this is things the Japanese audience have wanted. Just always remember we aren't the primary market and it's best to take things as is!

I wonder if Sanada-look-a-like would make an appearance then.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on September 10, 2016, 09:46:35 PM

I always forget about Yosho marrying Kasumi on Earth. If he hadn't, we wouldn't have Nobuyuki. ;-)

However, Minaho is Yosho's and Airi's child. She was conceived prior to Ryoko's attack, only Airi put the unborn Minaho into stasis for a while due to political issues and Yosho having disappeared while pursuing Ryoko after Ryoko attacked Jurai.

Man, I really hope this sells well. I so want more than four episodes.

I know Minaho is Airi and Yosho's daughter. I was referring to the other 3 Masakis.

Just some speculation, but based on the 3 earth Masakis appearing already back in 2003 (if not earlier)... and knowing that OAV3 was cut short, there's a strong possibility these will be the missing OAV3 episodes MK had in mind.
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.

Quote from: جبريل 無道 on September 11, 2016, 05:52:12 PM

Just some speculation, but based on the 3 earth Masakis appearing already back in 2003 (if not earlier)... and knowing that OAV3 was cut short, there's a strong possibility these will be the missing OAV3 episodes MK had in mind.

:yaman: maybe the first episode

September 12, 2016, 05:01:26 PM #101 Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 05:11:17 PM by takahata
While I check out the Kiyone's funeral post, I have come across two images from the Kamidake Onsen issue 2 doujin by Kajishima.  The female who is left of Minaho in the second image looks a  like the new OVA4 character Mizuko Misaki.   The only problem is the fact that Mizuko Misaki has green eyes.   Yet,  Mizuko Mizaki and the girl on Minaho's left have the same color hair as well as the same hairstyle. The green eyes seem to be the only change in Mizuko's appearance.  Therefore, the unknown female on Minaho's left in the second image is  Mizuko Misaki.  Mizuko's image is the third.

Taro's mother is the blonde hair female in image 2.

I think the purple haired girl might be in the bottom right behind Misaki.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on September 19, 2016, 11:28:10 PM
I think the purple haired girl might be in the bottom right behind Misaki.

Good catch, Ryo-Okay!

Vol 1 Illustration Cover and Tenchi Official Twitter header reworked from poster:

Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.