OVA 4 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, December 30, 2015, 09:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
They have more, albeit tiny, preview images on their website, including the wedding photo from OVA3 but in the new guy's style. The episode summary says something, I think, about how Nobuyuki and Reia first met. Well, I guess that's obvious from the new character art of young Reia straight from Geminar.

Neat!

Here are bigger versions of the pics from the website.

for everyone complaining about seina being name dropped left and right: this is being done because all these drops reference points in the books and the books are very detailed in how much time has passed since siena left so by having all the name drops you can tell exactly when ova 4 takes place in comparison to the books.  OVA 4 is probably the most date dropping segment of the ova so far actually and importantly so, it's technically a retcon of the last 7 minutes of ova 3...  in ova 4 they still do not know that noike is kagato. or anything that happened after the wedding segment in the special episode.

The gxp books not only go into seina and his life but actually quite often change viewpoint over to tenchi and even more so to washu and contains references to OVA 4 and maybe even OVA 5 and beyond if not outright containing parts of them that he just decided to novelize like  mikamo's "Death". they take place over two years... and that's two years starting from the time reset in GXP ...

gxp starts in july and ova 4 starts in september and takes place over only a few days. ... gxp TAKES PLACE OVER TWO YEARS and ova 4 is only 3 months at most into gxp.
and most episodes of tenchi have covered a month to a half a month of time at most.
that means GXP shows stuff happening to tenchi's family up for to 21 months... that means it can potentially be used to set the time line for at least the next 21 episodes after ova 4 if not more....

potentially we should be able to figure out exactly when to expect key elements of the story by the time i'm done reading through and doing my best to fix these broke ass google translated versions of the gxp books. things like mihoshi getting fixed, what's going to happen in ova 5, when does seto realise she is naja. and most importantly when the hell does ryoko get tenchi's blazer / when do they get married

the name drops are important

for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

by the way i checked last night. volume 6 of gxp  is episode 10 of gxp the anime where shank's arm is messed up and he said he failed to hold the yamada's hostage this is also when  mikami turns into sexy mikami for the first time and right before fuku is born and in volume 5 they say its been 2 months since miki died which should be the first major time skip in the series and would put the timeline up to right before where OVA 4 should begin. so that means OVA 5 is going to be one wild ass ride...if we get it
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

April 18, 2017, 08:15:06 PM #560 Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 08:18:32 PM by Monster Man
Quote from: Fap_fapperson on April 13, 2017, 11:56:49 AM
awwww yeah that means there's still  room for a surprise attack from tarrant Shank episode .... and time for this with set and amame

and this other page too with amane and suiren for some reason.

Who's the woman on the left?

We saw her and her husband in the episode of GXP when Seina was chilling with Seto's bodyguard or whatever his job is, right before the fight with Seiryo.

reposted from mini-chat:

"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Quote from: Dagor Dagorath on April 24, 2017, 01:35:59 AM
We saw her and her husband in the episode of GXP when Seina was chilling with Seto's bodyguard or whatever his job is, right before the fight with Seiryo.

Azusa's mama's name's Amame, and his dad's name is, coincidentally, Yotsuga Kazuki. (Masaki Kajishima just likes the name, it's a play on his own name that I don't understand.)

Known as the "Sword of Seto", Hirata Kanemitsu is the 7th holy defense fleet commander, one of Seto's "Thirteen Divine Admirals", substituting for his wife Yuzaki who was on maternity leave at the time. Seto don't need no bodyguard.

seto definately dont need no bodygaurd. she can just stare at ppl and they shit bricks appearently
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on April 13, 2017, 04:42:04 AM

*Notices Seto*  UH OH.  Craziness launch detected.  Betcha that episode 3 is gonna be NUTS.  In a fun way.  And this is when I thought that OVA 4 couldn't outdo itself by much more in the crazy department (Really enjoyed the first 2 episodes by the way - the story driven tone of this OVA has been handled especially nicely I must note).

But the real $1,000,000 question... given that we're getting the wedding which has pretty much been the main plot point of OVA 4 so far, what's episode 4 gonna be?  It's gonna get VERY interesting, methinks...
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Guys.

GUUUUYSS.

I NEED THESE REAL BAD.