OVA 4 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, December 30, 2015, 09:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Thanks again to Ricin, Fap, and everybody else who are helping out with translations.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

September 08, 2017, 12:46:46 AM #766 Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 11:42:56 PM by Ryo-Okay
Soon.

Episode 4 will be on sale soon. I am not only looking forward to the story, but I concern whether there is a "plus one" episode. I hope it will be produced by Kajisima if possible.

Quote from: Eboshi on September 11, 2017, 06:57:58 AM
Episode 4 will be on sale soon. I am not only looking forward to the story, but I concern whether there is a "plus one" episode. I hope it will be produced by Kajisima if possible.

I agree. I feel like he would have mentioned a bonus episode in the same doujinshi he mentioned the possibility of OAV5, but maybe he didn't because it's a surprise? Or, more likely, maybe it's dependent on how well this fourth episode sells? Sadly, I think we probably won't get one, but I hope we will!

Quote from: Y_Anthony_Who on September 11, 2017, 01:45:53 PM
I agree. I feel like he would have mentioned a bonus episode in the same doujinshi he mentioned the possibility of OAV5, but maybe he didn't because it's a surprise? Or, more likely, maybe it's dependent on how well this fourth episode sells? Sadly, I think we probably won't get one, but I hope we will!

Indeed, I think it depends on the sales of fourth episode, too. But unfortunately the "Production Committee of Tenthimuyo OVA4", They don't  have sales strategies. The overseas sales strategy is one of them. In addition, OVA4 is of poor quality, it will be inferior to Geminar. I guess the funds are not enough.
They should abandon strategies like in the 20th century and incorporate current methods. For fans all over the world.

September 12, 2017, 03:06:14 AM #771 Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 05:16:08 AM by Eboshi
Kenshi has come into existence.
Ryo-ohki is kawaii. Seina is almost the same as before. Amane isn't the same as before.
Cheer for Kenshi.

September 12, 2017, 09:38:16 AM #772 Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 12:28:36 PM by Ryo-Okay

At the End of the Episode 4 of OVA4. After "おわり(The End)" displayed, "?" was appeared straight away.
I can't guess it meant whether "plus one episode" or "2nd season of Jeminar" or just hype.
Anyways, I can't help expecting what comes next.

Quote from: Eboshi on September 13, 2017, 12:17:12 AM
At the End of the Episode 4 of OVA4. After "おわり(The End)" displayed, "?" was appeared straight away.
I can't guess it meant whether "plus one episode" or "2nd season of Jeminar" or just hype.
Anyways, I can't help expecting what comes next.

If they do a 2nd season of Geminar they need to include the name "Tenchi Muyo" in it so that people realize it's part of the same universe and for marketing reasons, Also not doing a pay per view this time and just straight to blu ray.

QuoteAlso not doing a pay per view this time and just straight to blu ray.
Well, the initial idea was TV, but that didn't pan out, thus ppv.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

the initial idea was to do it waaaaaaay before it came out like 10 years earlier... it was shown off before dual was. and kenshi wasn't even tenchis half brother when it was conceptualised he was a decendent. if my Google translate serves me right
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

September 13, 2017, 05:50:29 AM #777 Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 07:58:15 AM by Eboshi
Even though I am in Japan, people who are producing Ryo-ohki do not seem to be keen on spreading their video work. That's a pity. There are many sales strategies for domestic and overseas. PPV is a really good way.
One of the reasons why I came here is because I want to know how the people of the United States and the world think about the behavior of the producers of Tenchimuyo.

Quote from: Eboshi on September 13, 2017, 05:50:29 AMEven though I am in Japan, people who are producing Ryo-ohki do not seem to be keen on spreading their video work. That's a pity. There are many sales strategies for domestic and overseas. PPV is a really good way.
One of the reasons why I came here is because people want to know how the people of the United States and the world think about the behavior of the producers of Tenchimuyo.

As much as I hate that AIC is holding off on licensed western releases and completely disagree with them (I mean, OVA 4 can't even get a licensed English subtitled release on Crunchyroll and so forth yet Digimon Adventure Tri, which most Digimon fans including myself hate, CAN?), I personally think that a lot of it has to do with the fact that Ai Tenchi Muyo! bombed.  I mean, literally EVERYTHING (Save for the special episode of Tenchi in Tokyo) that released before Ai got a western release, even Sasami: Magical Girls Club (Granted, Magical Project S was subtitles only, but it still came over).  Which means you can use common sense and come to the conclusion that it was definitely Ai bombing that caused most of this mess, if not all of it.

Remember, Ai was the first iteration of Tenchi to never leave Japan, and as march harm as it likely would have done, they actually could have licensed it given that shows with similar "5 minute episode" setups such as Petit IDOLM@STER HAVE been licensed.
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)