Tenchi Muyo! 25th anniversary discussion

Started by WarOmnimon, August 09, 2017, 02:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'd love a film on Tenchi getting married, if they did that I'd forgive them having the next ova series about his kids.

What are the odds of this going on?

Quote from: Tenchifan30 on September 03, 2017, 08:53:20 PM
I'd love a film on Tenchi getting married, if they did that I'd forgive them having the next ova series about his kids.

^ THIS.  So, much, THIS.  Truthfully, the odds of another movie finally might be higher than we think, given that the anniversary's coming up coupled with the fact that there have only been 3 Tenchi movies... the last one being all the way back in 1999.  We're far overdue is what I'm saying, and given how well OVA 4 has been with sales, I think it's high time that AIC cashes in Money in the Bank.  :)
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Quote from: Tenchifan30 on September 03, 2017, 08:53:20 PM

On this note, what if they made a standalone film capturing the older essence of Tenchi before all this convoluted stuff started clogging things up?

It could start all slice-of-lifey before diving into the space opera aspect of the series. Plays out like Trigun Badlands Rumble where it has no bearing in the grand scheme of things, making it pure and simple fanservice; radiating that OVA 1 feeling.

Is AIC even capable of making a movie right now? They seem to have a lot of stuff in the works and their output has been pretty low. Since November of last year they've only released ova 4. They just crowd funded an anime, there's the Saber Marionette J sequel they announced a few years ago, and possibly ova 5. They should just let ova 5 be the anniversary series and maybe release an artbook or something instead of forcing something out for the anniversary. When they make things just for the sake of the anniversary you get garbage like the Digimon Tri films.

September 06, 2017, 12:04:25 PM #19 Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 12:08:54 PM by WarOmnimon
Quote from: Ryo-Okay on September 06, 2017, 11:51:38 AM
Is AIC even capable of making a movie right now? They seem to have a lot of stuff in the works and their output has been pretty low. Since November of last year they've only released ova 4. They just crowd funded an anime, there's the Saber Marionette J sequel they announced a few years ago, and possibly ova 5. They should just let ova 5 be the anniversary series and maybe release an artbook or something instead of forcing something out for the anniversary. When they make things just for the sake of the anniversary you get garbage like the Digimon Tri films.

-Megazone 23 reboot, yeah, that's crowdfunded.  Can't argue against that fact.

-The Saber Marionette J sequel.  As we've noticed, nothing ever came out of that despite the announcement happening a few years ago.  I seriously believe that it's safe to say at this point that it's been scrapped.

-Yes, OVA 5 can (And likely will) be the anniversary season.  But the point is, if the only focus in the OVA itself is Tenchi's kids plus Kenshi, people are gonna complain about us having Nobuyuki and Rea's wedding focused on not once, but TWICE, while Tenchi's wedding gets the Willy Wonka treatment (YOU GET NOTHING!).  We've already seen at least 2 people here on this very board get up in arms about it (Based Fap and Tenchifan30), and quite frankly, I don't blame them because that IS a legit problem.  The main hero's wedding doesn't get focused on while his dad's does not once, but TWICE?  COME ON NOW!  ...anyway, the idea is that the movie can cover Tenchi's wedding which would allow OVA 5 to carry out its intended goal.  And given that right now all AIC is doing is the Megazone reboot and Tenchi, combined with Kadokawa giving them a financial boost... it's actually more plausible than some may think on paper.

-Digimon Adventure Tri being garbage, yeah, agreed there too.  (But that's going off topic because that's not in AIC's jurisdiction.)
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.

I throw my hat in with the disappointed fans. I WANTED TENCHI AND HIS GIRLS! NOT TENCHI AND HIS... uh... girls.

I'm not holding my breath for Tenchi's wedding or, more importantly, the setup to his wedding. I'll still hope though.

I'm disappointed, but I'm sure I'll still enjoy it. I'd rather this oav5 than no oav5.

Quote from: Y_Anthony_Who on September 06, 2017, 03:19:23 PM
I throw my hat in with the disappointed fans. I WANTED TENCHI AND HIS GIRLS! NOT TENCHI AND HIS... uh... girls.

I'm not holding my breath for Tenchi's wedding or, more importantly, the setup to his wedding. I'll still hope though.

I'm disappointed, but I'm sure I'll still enjoy it. I'd rather this oav5 than no oav5.

+1 to this man.  Yes, it would be disappointing if they skip Tenchi's wedding (Which I hope they don't skip that, especially given they shoved Nobuyuki's wedding down our throat TWICE... hence why I am in agreement with those who want to see Tenchi's wedding), but I have the same overall mindset as Anthony.  An OVA 5 like that is better than us getting nothing for the anniversary at all, or worse... another case of a non canonical anniversary season run by Nabeshin.  *coughaicough*

Quote from: WarOmnimon on September 06, 2017, 03:52:19 PM
Quote from: Y_Anthony_Who on September 06, 2017, 03:19:23 PM

+1 to this man.  Yes, it would be disappointing if they skip Tenchi's wedding (Which I hope they don't skip that, especially given they shoved Nobuyuki's wedding down our throat TWICE... hence why I am in agreement with those who want to see Tenchi's wedding), but I have the same overall mindset as Anthony.  An OVA 5 like that is better than us getting nothing for the anniversary at all, or worse... another case of a non canonical anniversary season run by Nabeshin.  *coughaicough*

QUACK EXPERIMENTAL PUNI PUNI ANIME TENCHI DAIKON MUYO BROTHERS SAGA !
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

... I'd watch it...
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

I will like to see one project to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Tenchi Muyo.  The first project can be a spinoff like Tenchi Universe.  The spinoff start out like when Tenchi is starting high school. Ryoko happens to be one of the childhood friends of Tenchi's .  Washu is Ryoko's mother.  Washu is a Galaxy Academy professor who had chosen to stay on Earth. She is one the friends of Tenchi's parents. Tenchi's mother had died when Tenchi was young. Oddly,  Tenchi has a kid sister who happens to be a tomboy.   

Tenchi's maternal grandfather Katsuhito was supposed to be the Crown Prince of Jurai, but had decided not ascend the Jurain throne due to his mix heritage, and his brother having a greater talent of dealing with Jurain politics.  Azusa is the name of Katsuhito's brother and the present King of Jurai.  Katsuhito had decided to make a promise to Azusa for a betrothal between one of his grandsons, and one of Azusa's daughters.  The name of the daughter who is betroth to Tenchi is Ayeka.  Ayeka and her sister Sasami are sent to Earth as part of one of the Galaxy Academy's projects to prepare Earth for Contact.

The Kiyone and Mihoshi of this spinoff are great Galaxy Police officers.  After working on a long project, Kiyone and Mihoshi are assigned to be two of the bodyguards of Ayeka and Sasami. Mihoshi is a very good  and very intelligent detective who is often mistaken to be a dumb blonde.  Mihoshi will often use the mistake as part of her job.  For Mihoshi's assignment as one of Ayeka's and Sasami's bodyguard is a Phys. Ed. teacher. For Kiyone, her assignment is focus on being a high school student.  Kiyone is not upset being one of Ayeka's and Sasami's bodyguards.  The ideal of being a high school student for Kiyone  is mix.  Oddly, Kiyone sees her job as a challenge.  Before coming to Earth, Kiyone finds out that she has been betrothed to the son of one of her parents' friends. Oddly, the name of the son's parents is Nobuyuki.

For this spinoff,  Tenchi seems to be the main protagonist in the first episode. While Tenchi is the male protagonist, he is not the main protagonist.  The spinoff's main protagonist is the female protagonist.  Like Ryoko, the female protagonist is one of Tenchi's childhood friends.  My name for the main protagonist is Hotaru Masaki. She is one of Tenchi's cousins.  Tenchi and Hotaru are aware of their betrothal since childhood.  Hotaru is well aware of Tenchi having other fiancees.  Hotaru's and Tenchi's feelings for each other are very strong.

For Tenchi, he is only aware of a few major things about his clan the Masaki Family.  Tenchi knows that he is a member of the Masaki Family's central branch. Oddly,  Tenchi starts learning about the true Masaki Family history is the first episode.  He meets his second, third, and fourth fiancees in the first episode.  The fourth fiancee turns out to be Ryoko.

Now, I did wished that Masaki Kajishima had done a new spinoff for the Tenchi Muyo's 25th anniversity.  The spinoff can be a lot like Universe.  Imagine Kiyone as a high school student and Mihoshi as a Phys. Ed teacher.

:chill: :how: :omgwtf: :shyboy: :shygirl:

Alright, so instead of speculation, this post will be my thoughts on how they should approach the 25th anniversary overall, given what we know is happening.  Specifically the fact that a Pretty Sammy reboot and OVA 5 are both coming up.  First, let's look at how AIC handled the 10th anniversary.  That's when we got Tenchi Muyo! GXP (As a TV series) and then OVA 3 in a 1-2 punch.

-GXP ran from April 2002 to September 2002.
-OVA 3 then started in September 2003, ending in March 2005.

That ran the course of 4 years for a single anniversary celebration.  If they do the same thing with the Sammy reboot and OVA 5, we'll get a decent amount of content spread across a decent amount of time like that.  This is of course provided that Sammy ends up being a TV series.

As long as we don't get Round 2 of the 20th (2 years late and then "You want OVA 4?  TOO BAD HERE AI @#$% YOU!"), I'm sure we'll be fine.  :)

Quote from: WarOmnimon on September 17, 2017, 07:48:32 AM
Alright, so instead of speculation, this post will be my thoughts on how they should approach the 25th anniversary overall, given what we know is happening.  Specifically the fact that a Pretty Sammy reboot and OVA 5 are both coming up.  First, let's look at how AIC handled the 10th anniversary.  That's when we got Tenchi Muyo! GXP (As a TV series) and then OVA 3 in a 1-2 punch.

-GXP ran from April 2002 to September 2002.
-OVA 3 then started in September 2003, ending in March 2005.

That ran the course of 4 years for a single anniversary celebration.  If they do the same thing with the Sammy reboot and OVA 5, we'll get a decent amount of content spread across a decent amount of time like that.  This is of course provided that Sammy ends up being a TV series.

As long as we don't get Round 2 of the 20th (2 years late and then "You want OVA 4?  TOO BAD HERE AI @#$% YOU!"), I'm sure we'll be fine.  :)

heres how id do ova 5, I'd have part of each episode open with the -if- setting, every episode one of the girls is focused on and her children and then it flashes back to how they found out they had to bite the bullet and marry tenchi, and how they reacted to it and what happened between them and tenchi that led up to it. Resolving each of their story lines.
like ayekas covering how she eventualy resolved to forgive airi and move onto tenchi which was beifly shown in GXP.
or like how mihoshi's mental issue came to light and how washu fixed it and she was able to tell him her feelings.
or washu getting over her issues with parenthood and telling tenchi everything.
and noike could have an episode where FINALY GOES BACK IN FUCKING TIME BECAUSE OMG THAT IS MORE IMPORTANT TO WRAP UP THEN EVEN THE MARRIAGE OMG IF HE DOESNT CLOST THAT LOOSE END I SWEAR.
and the last episode would be sasami since she has almost no issues to resolve will be the last to have kids... so her episode could be short so that the wedding could happen at the end followed by a prologe like what happened after many years into the future, in time flashes and then eventualy what happened to tenchi long in the future when every one else was gone, because kajishima has already set up that tenchi is immortal and even the choushin are not. he eventualy will have to deal with the loss of members of his harem. it would be nice if in the end they all get absorbed into ryoko since she can assimilate with people and through ryoko they would be come a goddess like tenchi and they live forever all of them.

also id have dr. clay crash their wedding, since he has the PKW's and escaped in GXP 14, he can destroy the light hawk wings. he seems like he would get cocky and try to ruin washu's wedding just because he thinks he can.
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

I would love Dr. Clay to come back as a Kagato level big bad. Personally I don't think Noike's time travel is that important to show. We can assume one of the Choushin just sent her back. I mean it'd be cool to see exactly how but maybe that could be in a doujin.

Though I agree that I really just want to see Tenchi learn about the girls and heal their troubled souls with the power of love!

Also, doesn't Tenchi make everyone he cares about immortal too? Like on accident? Seina was all gung-ho about an existential Lovecraftian nightmare scenario, saying stuff about how it won't be so bad if they're all together or something.

to be honest I am not sure half of what I read in that section seemed to be everyone around me is imortal and the other was only I'm imortal and everyone's going to die except me and I'll be fucking trapped in this demention alone forever. actually the majority leaned that way. I honestly need a Japanese person to clarify that part
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here