Tenchi Muyo! 25th anniversary discussion

Started by WarOmnimon, August 09, 2017, 02:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Happy birthday Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki!

I love you Kajishima Masaki!

And it is the exact date of the Tenchi Muyo! 25th anniversary.  WE MADE IT, BOYS.  :D

Quote from: GP cadet 87 on September 25, 2017, 02:01:38 PMMan, watching anime is different nowadays, but TM is probably still the king of harem anime. DxD and To-Love-Ru may be raunchier, but they wouldn't exist without Tenchi.

My.  Point.  EXACTLY.  Heck, ANY harem anime has to thank Tenchi for being able to come into being.  Not just stuff like DxD and To-Love-Ru.  Even the more subtle harem anime such as Negima and so forth had their roots planted on this day 25 years ago.

And let's not just stop there, let's look at how Tenchi is still going 25 years later.  Even though specific plans for the anniversary haven't been announced yet, this is probably the best milestone that we've gotten since the 10th (Which as we all know bought us GXP and OVA 3).  OVA 4 just finished up, a sequel to the original Pretty Sammy OVAs is coming up, and we know OVA 5 is also coming up.  MUCH better than what the 20th got (Looks at Ai, sticks his tongue out, and looks away immediately).

Here's to 25 more years, folks.   :goodman:
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Congratulations to Masaki Kajishima and our long-lived Tenchi Muyo community then. :)
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Happy birthday to my favorite anime.

Only other harem series I like so much is DXD who wouldn't exist probably without Tenchi.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on September 25, 2017, 03:53:04 PM
Quote from: GP cadet 87 on September 25, 2017, 02:01:38 PM
Man, 25 years, that's amazing, I was only 5 at the time
I wasn't even born yet.

My brother wouldn't be born for another 4 years. Man, y'know, Tenchi is one of the very few early '90's anime I'm still a fan of. Captain Tylor, Dragonball, Nadia:Secret of Blue Water, Bubblegum Crisis. There's so much stuff released every year that it's harder and harder to watch older anime

Quote from: GP cadet 87 on September 25, 2017, 11:30:31 PM
Quote from: Ryo-Okay on September 25, 2017, 03:53:04 PM
Quote from: GP cadet 87 on September 25, 2017, 02:01:38 PM
Man, 25 years, that's amazing, I was only 5 at the time
I wasn't even born yet.

My brother wouldn't be born for another 4 years. Man, y'know, Tenchi is one of the very few early '90's anime I'm still a fan of. Captain Tylor, Dragonball, Nadia:Secret of Blue Water, Bubblegum Crisis. There's so much stuff released every year that it's harder and harder to watch older anime

I kind of agree. I also Loved Tylor. Seina feels like the opposite of Tylor. Tylor was the luckiest idiot in space. Seina is smart and has bad luck. It seems like they would have a lot of fun together though

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on September 25, 2017, 06:13:17 AM
The SNES was Nintendo's hottest product in 1992, George H. W. Bush was president, and the Soviet Union hadn't been dissolved for more than a year yet.
Times were relatively good then.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

And further congrats to everyone who helped with the initial scanlation.. what am I saying, this thing debuted per viam anime, subs of the core Ova 1. Speaking of translations, why it's oh so important, you might miss an absolute gem, like 85 / 101 things about Tenchi:

http://www.uselesstenchi.org/Forum/index.php?topic=289.0
A cat called Chibi appeared in ep.1 but was never seen again. It was used by Ryo-ohki. 
More precisely it was assimilated into Ryo-oh-ki. Therefore. Ryo-oh-ki is Chibi and Chibi is Ryo-oh-ki at the same time.

Tenchi found Chibi on the first day of his summer holiday (ie, just before ep.1 starts), lying near the steps and nearly dead.
He took care of it, which recovered by the time ep.1 started. But it was Ryoko in her astral body who really saved Chibi.
She felt so sorry for Tenchi that she used her energy to keep it alive. When Ryoko eventually revived completely, she had to withdraw her energy from Chibi and allow it to die.
She did her best by assimilating it into the second generation Ryo-oh-ki. Tenchi, having seen Ryoko holding Chibi's bell in her hand (ep.1), may think Chibi was Ryoko herself.

i have a copy of the original translation on my site its kinda rare these days.  btw theres a whole 50ish or so pages of early conceptual stuff we dont have translated in that book
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Fap_fapperson on September 26, 2017, 11:37:05 PM
i have a copy of the original translation on my site its kinda rare these days.  btw theres a whole 50ish or so pages of early conceptual stuff we dont have translated in that book

According to my scanlation of said pages, image 7 onward has a surprising reveal:  :woop:

Quote from: Ricin on September 29, 2017, 06:51:01 PM
Saitama vs Ryoko. Who would win?

My guess is Saitama is part Quincy, judging by when he had hair.

A fight would look something like this:

dont forget ryoko has become the series punching bag. she always one hit ko's after ovs one
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Fap_fapperson on September 29, 2017, 10:02:04 PM
dont forget ryoko has become the series punching bag. she always one hit ko's after ovs one

That was only cuz she was mass preggers