Tenchi Muyo! 25th anniversary discussion

Started by WarOmnimon, August 09, 2017, 02:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
The Pretty Sammy crowdfunding is crashing pretty hard. It's only at 5% of its goal after a month and a few weeks. With only 30 days left it's not looking so good.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on November 08, 2017, 08:55:09 AM
The Pretty Sammy crowdfunding is crashing pretty hard. It's only at 5% of its goal after a month and a few weeks. With only 30 days left it's not looking so good.

People have fucking shit tastes these days so... :emot-commissar:
This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

November 09, 2017, 05:55:47 PM #77 Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 06:08:52 PM by WarOmnimon
Quote from: Tensami on November 08, 2017, 10:34:39 AM
Quote from: Ryo-Okay on November 08, 2017, 08:55:09 AM

People have fucking shit tastes these days so... :emot-commissar:

My bigger concern is the fact that those fans are willing to just throw the Tenchi Muyo! 25th anniversary to the wolves after the Tenchi Muyo! 20th anniversary failed.  And all in favor of the Megazone reboot... when it isn't even Megazone's year for an anniversary commemoration.  Keeping in mind that the crowdfunding is only open to Japanese fans, of which OVA 4 was tailored for... I honestly don't know what to say right now.  I don't know if I want to be angry at those fans for causing not one, but TWO Tenchi anniversaries in a row to completely fall apart (Granted, the 20th failing was on Negishi, not on the fans), or to just be sad.  ESPECIALLY considering that we don't know when OVA 5 will even get started given Kajishima's comments.  After seeing this, I hope that Kadokawa just says "@#$% it" and instead of giving AIC financial boosts like was said before just completely buys AIC out to save the fans from another disaster.  In fact, as of this very moment, I no longer trust AIC to handle Tenchi properly... and coming off of OVA 4 (Which I liked) with OVA 5 already confirmed, it is an absolute SHAME that I have to say that.

Yes, I know that Kadokawa is coming under a bit of fire lately because of some stuff involving Kemono Friends, but that's not really a problem in my eyes given that there's only one franchise involved in that controversy, coupled with the fact that they've handled their other stuff consistently at all times in recent years.  I'd definitely trust them to handle everything Tenchi over AIC at this point, hence the new signature pic (That's a Chris Jericho SAVE_US.Y2J reference, of course).
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Do most people care all that much about these anniversaries? I certainly don't. I can't really blame people for not tossing money at this. AIC is asking people to fund a promo video with no guarantee that an anime will actually get made.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on November 09, 2017, 08:49:08 PM
Do most people care all that much about these anniversaries? I certainly don't. I can't really blame people for not tossing money at this. AIC is asking people to fund a promo video with no guarantee that an anime will actually get made.

I know some people around here really like pretty sammy but, would it do well in this day and age?

November 10, 2017, 01:06:09 PM #80 Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 01:14:34 PM by WarOmnimon
Quote from: Ryo-Okay on November 09, 2017, 08:49:08 PMDo most people care all that much about these anniversaries? I certainly don't. I can't really blame people for not tossing money at this. AIC is asking people to fund a promo video with no guarantee that an anime will actually get made.

My.  Point.  EXACTLY.  Especially the crowdfunding.  The problem is that the Tenchi 20th anniversary failed (All it got was Ai which completely bombed), and the 25th was actually succeeding (We got OVA 4 which episode 1 alone outsold Ai in its entirety)... but then AIC put the sudden brakes on that HYPE TRAIN.  This is exactly why as I said above, Kadokawa seriously needs to suck it up and buy AIC out completely instead of throwing them additional funds so that stuff can actually get done.  AIC is preventing Tenchi from succeeding right now, and the fact that their crowdfunding tactic might mean we get nothing until OVA 5 (Which Kajishima doesn't even know when that will happen) is definitely AIC trying to put the brakes on the momentum they actually started.  That's why I no longer trust them to be in charge of Tenchi as of last night when I first saw that the Pretty Sammy reboot / sequel only has 1 month left and hasn't even hit 5%.  Kadokawa can solve that, given how consistent they are with everything they do... but they have to axe the middleman (In this case the middleman is AIC) first so to speak.

As for the anniversary stuff, I certainly DO care.  When an anniversary fails and does so HARD (Such as the Tenchi 20th and Power Rangers 20th), I want to see the franchise in question recover HUGE during or before the next one.  Power Rangers did so already - as soon as Megaforce / Super Megaforce failed, Saban axed Johnathan Tzachor completely and then bought in Judd Lynn to handle Dino Charge / Dino Supercharge and Ninja Steel / Super Ninja Steel, which are MUCH better than Megaforce... and oh, Super Ninja Steel is going to be the anniversary season.  That, and we got the new movie this year which a few people actually liked.  PR made a quick recovery.  Tenchi, not so much.  We didn't get a recovery until OVA 4 started in 2016... right next to the 25th anniversary.  And the damage was doubled because Ai came 2 years AFTER the 20th anniversary.  At least OVA 4 started right before this year and therefore can be considered the anniversary season.

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on November 09, 2017, 09:59:52 PMI know some people around here really like pretty sammy but, would it do well in this day and age?

A bunch of magical girl shows such as Sailor Moon and PreCure are still running (Albeit Sailor Moon Crystal's current situation seems a bit weird, because the next season is going to be 2 movies instead of a TV show setup) and still have decent fanbases.  So yes, it does have the potential to do well.

And I will say it again... color me shocked that the Japanese fans, whom OVA 4 was tailored to especially, might be what actually causes the Pretty Sammy sequel / reboot to not happen rather than someone like Negishi meddling in things.  I mean, these are the same fans who are actually funding the Megazone sequel / reboot which is being handled the SAME, @#$%ING, WAY.  It just screams of something weird going on, and honestly, this seems like AIC trying to kill Tenchi just as they almost did in 2014.  Which is absolutely SHAMEFUL given that OVA 4 was actually received positively (Ai was not) and yet they still seemingly want to kill it.  This is exactly why I am stressing that Kadokawa needs to buy AIC and get it over with to secure an actual future for the franchise as of last night, and guess what?  I'm going to continue to do so until the cows come home.  Fight me bruh.
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.

Quote from: WaitoKon on October 18, 2017, 02:06:54 PM
Quote from: Tenchifan30 on October 18, 2017, 11:13:38 AM
I never liked this Ova series or Tv series of this character so boo :/

Mihoshi's character? What about the huge reveals in OVA 3?
Excuse me, I meant the Sammy series which an ova series too right?

I know Ova 5 is confirmed but the spoilers don't intrest me, nothing about Tenchi and his wives just his daughters or sons no conclusion to Tenchi's story let's skip a head instead.

Guess having a different opinion = Troll.

I had mention the ideal for a spinoff which is a reboot of the Tenchi Muyo: Ryo-Ohki series.  My propose series is one like Universe and Ryo-Ohki.  The series will still have Tenchi as the male protagonist.  The main protagonist happens to be the female protagonist.  Having the female protagonist as the main protagonist is an unique for the harem series genre. The harem genre had it share of lemons over the years. Some of the best harem series are not for anyone under the age of eighteen.  One of the mature series which is To Love-Ru.

For my spinoff, Mihoshi is not like her Universe counterpart.  Mihoshi is a very good GP detective whose carefree view of life make a lot of people to think that she is a dumb blonde.  Mihoshi and her partner Kiyone take advantage of the mistake.   Mihoshi of my spinoff series will not fall in love with Tenchi. Her role in Tenchi's harem is that of a very good friend.  Mihsohi and Kiyone are assign as two of Ayeka's and Sasami's bodyguards.  Kiyone's assignment causes her to be in Grade One or to be a high school freshman.

I aware of the reports of OVA 5.  I do expect a sequel which focuses on Tenchi's oldest son.  For my ideal of the sequel, it is the same ideal for my ideal spinoff. Having a female perspective of a harem series like Tenchi Muyo is likely going to be a first.

:emot-iiam: :duke: :how: :really:

Water is Wet, Sunshine is Bright and Pretty Sammy is not worth backing

All is right with the world

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on November 29, 2017, 09:42:33 PM
8 days left for Pretty Sammy and it's only at 8% of its goal.

As much as I like Tenchi I just can't see this doing well.

So the kickstarter's still not even at 10%.  Regardless of people's feelings about Pretty Sammy (Which I understand and respect those feelings - it isn't everyone's cup of tea, so I have no problem with admitting that, hence why the good doctor just got a +1 from me for the above post even though I personally feel it COULD do well), this isn't looking good for the Tenchi Muyo! 25th anniversary at all.  OVA 4 and then... RADIO SILENCE.  I'm calling it now... this is likely to be a repeat of the Tenchi 20th anniversary at this point.  Yeah, we know that OVA 5's coming (We didn't know OVA 4 was coming until AFTER Ai Tenchi Muyo!), but the problem is that even Kajishima doesn't know when he can start work on it.  I'm even calling it now that with this result, AIC's gonna scrap the Sammy sequel / reboot, bring Negishi back for something stupid in 2019 (For the 5th anniversary of Ai perhaps) before OVA 5 can even happen... and then BOOM, that will bomb just like Ai did and then "he's dead, Jim"... meaning no OVA 5.

That, and we STILL don't have an anniversary logo.  Which means we likely ain't getting one.  There's your proof that AIC is trying to kill the franchise.  Plain and simple.  Kadokawa needs to buy Tenchi as a whole like yesterday and prevent that, or else we might not even GET that OVA 5 that Kajishima promised us.

I mean, even PreCure of all things is celebrating its 15th anniversary a year early as confirmed by Toei yesterday, yet Tenchi can't get any actual anniversary content on the exact year... what is AIC's major malfunction here?  THIS is why I've been preaching to the moon about how Kadokawa needs to save the franchise.  Drops mic

RIP Pretty Sammy. You only managed to get 12% of your goal. At least we'll always have the cute short haired Sasami design.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on December 07, 2017, 10:07:50 AM
RIP Pretty Sammy. You only managed to get 12% of your goal. At least we'll always have the cute short haired Sasami design.

Press F :neg:

December 10, 2017, 06:37:57 AM #89 Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 06:43:50 AM by WarOmnimon
Quote from: Ryo-Okay on December 07, 2017, 10:07:50 AM

GIMME THIS @#$% MIC!

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, THIS RIGHT HERE.  Regardless of what some people may think of Pretty Sammy (Some people like it, others don't, and I respect that), this right here is why I've been saying it since the kickstarter opened and bombed that Kadokawa needs to buy Tenchi completely and save the franchise.  AIC did have a good thing going with OVA 4, there's no question about that... but yet, they STILL managed to mess up two anniversaries for Tenchi in a row (20th got jacked because of Ai, 25th got jacked by mishandling, most notably AIC not labeling OVA 4 as the anniversary season, which given that there was nothing else this year is something that THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE).  I mean, if Tenchi Muyo! GXP was allowed to be labelled as the 10th anniversary season back in 2002, why can't OVA 4 be the 25th anniversary season?  It makes absolutely no sense to me at all and it makes my head spin every time I think about it.

I mean, even Kadokawa did a better job with the anniversary.  We're getting the True Tenchi novels over here, something we never thought we'd get.  And guess what?  That's printed material, so that falls under Kadokawa's jurisdiction.  As for OVA 4?  NOPE.  STILL no word on that coming over at all, and that falls under AIC's jurisdiction.  And then when you also consider the fact that Kajishima doesn't even know when OVA 5 will be started... yeah.  It's like AIC knew how to succeed, but also found a new way to feed Tenchi to the wolves.  It's probably because they blew so much money into Ai back in 2014 and now the fans are the ones paying the price for it.

TLDR I'm not happy with AIC at all right now and I sincerely hope that Kadokawa makes some serious moves to save the franchise.  *Drops mic*

(And oh, as of earlier this week, now we know that even the Mega Man 30th anniversary is making up for damage done from the previous milestone which was bad, just as the Power Rangers 25th anniversary is going to do.  It's official.  AIC doesn't give a rat's you know what.  SAVE_US.KDK)