Tenchi is BACK in TV (Toonami and Tenchi thread)

Started by Tenchi Ryu, November 04, 2012, 12:13:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
November 04, 2012, 12:13:50 AM Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 04:55:59 PM by Tenchi Ryu
Casshern Sins is coming about to finish its run on Toonami in about 2 weeks....take a look at the new lineup!!!

The new schedule will be:
12:00   Bleach
12:30   Tenchi Muyo! GXP
01:00   Samurai 7
01:30   Thundercats
02:00   Sym-Bionic Titan
02:30   Eureka 7
03:00   Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
03:30   Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
04:00   Cowboy Bebop
04:30   Cowboy Bebop
05:00   Inuyasha
05:30   Inuyasha

So how about some of you take the time to finally look at the show, and hate if some if you already do  :P :P

*In before butthurt fanboys

I haven't watched it yet so I think I'll take the time to do so.  :-X

"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

This will be a test to see how the Toonami audience accepts the Harem Genre...I'm not gonna be all super optimistic, but hell who knows. At least GXP has the comedy thing people can laugh off of. I personally think it had the best humor factor of all the Tenchi series.

Idk what people have against the harem genre.... ???
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

November 04, 2012, 08:37:05 AM #6 Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 08:44:19 AM by جبريل 無道
Tenchi got a lot of hate for acting assertive in GXP 17 :-\

Edit: And in TinT (although everyone including him was idiotic there), and for being more stubborn in general.
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

November 04, 2012, 08:54:54 AM #7 Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 12:20:52 AM by WarOmnimon
All I will say is... oh wait, a certain GIF can express my emotions even better than words can.

Plus, I have been meaning to check out GXP for a while now.  Some good news on an otherwise uneventful weekend (At least for me).  :D
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

I thought people hates anime harem because they found the plot stupid (for example, like how so many times the hero is accidentally a pervert).

Also, I like Rito and Keitaro. And Tenchi of course.  8)

Quote from: جبريل 無道 on November 04, 2012, 08:37:05 AM
Tenchi got a lot of hate for acting assertive in GXP 17 :-\

Oh? More proof Tenchi is better off with it's old shitty fanbase dead and forgotten. Boss Tenchi is best Tenchi.

November 04, 2012, 02:11:01 PM #10 Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 02:25:06 PM by takahata
When I have seen Toonami's new lineup, I was reallly suprised that Tenchi Muyo: GXP is part of the lineup.  At first, I have thought that Toonami was bringing back Tenchi Muyo or Tenchi: Universe back on TV.  Despite of its flaws, TM: GXP will make a fine addition to Toonami's lineup.  GXP is a tamer Harem series than TM: War on Geminar and a few others like Girls Bravo.

The Japanese do call any Harem series a lovecomi(Love comedies).  The term Harem Genre was coined by North American anime fans.  There are a lot of example of good Harem series.  Most harem series are not on the same level like Tenchi Muyo and the other great harem comedies.  Two other great harem series are Love Hina and  Urusei Yatsura.

Urusei Yatsura was likely the first harem series.  It is a typical Lovecomi series.  Urusei Yatsura contains some elements of a typical Harem series.  There is a fine website which features an article on the Harem Genre.   You will find the article on this website   http://www.comedyvideoscentral.com/Harem_anime.html.   

The same website in link as a reference site in the Harem genre article on Wikipedia.

Boss Tenchi will be in OVA 4. Expect black eyes

I think the bruising would be a bit lower.  ;)
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

>OVA4
"Lord please pray for the soul of this bitch. And guide my pimp hand and make it strong, lord. So that she might learn a hoe's place." - A Pimp Named Tenchi

O wow, Tenchi got a TON of hate for that MnE scene.  All the people hating him on that forgot that she was attacking Mayuka (and did in fact drop her from the sky onto a tree in the movie).