Tenchi is BACK in TV (Toonami and Tenchi thread)

Started by Tenchi Ryu, November 04, 2012, 12:13:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: For Washuu on November 23, 2012, 06:47:33 PM
Quote from: takahata on November 04, 2012, 02:11:01 PMGXP is a tamer Harem series than TM: War on Geminar...

And then they got to the last episode...

I'm wondering if KJ retons this in the novels

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on November 23, 2012, 09:12:30 PM
Quote from: For Washuu on November 23, 2012, 06:47:33 PM
Quote from: takahata on November 04, 2012, 02:11:01 PMGXP is a tamer Harem series than TM: War on Geminar...

And then they got to the last episode...

I'm wondering if KJ retons this in the novels

The real question is if the novels have even gotten to that point yet...

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on November 23, 2012, 10:11:31 PM

At this point it better be.

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on November 23, 2012, 10:25:05 PM
Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on November 23, 2012, 10:11:31 PM

At this point it better be.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it has not. From what I can tell novels 1-5 are first semester and novels 6-10 are second semester. I say this because none of the novels released yet feature Seina piloting Jingu, nor the Wau inhabited planet. So there's still a lot more to write til Seina gets married off.

Quote from: shades of blue on November 24, 2012, 09:21:25 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say it has not. From what I can tell novels 1-5 are first semester and novels 6-10 are second semester. I say this because none of the novels released yet feature Seina piloting Jingu, nor the Wau inhabited planet. So there's still a lot more to write til Seina gets married off.

The man likes details in his novels it seems.

December 08, 2012, 10:05:54 PM #52 Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 10:07:56 PM by Tenchi Ryu
Well, it was good while it lasted...GXP is getting moved and apparently taking Eureka's old spot, which is like 3 in the morning Eastern time I believe.

Apprently, Tenchi was pulling sucky numbers compared to the first shows aka the Shounen, and Toonami thinks this might be a way to keep you bastards from turning the channel after the first hour. When will they learn the casual fan doesn't even give a shit about an anime Genre that's not action? And Harem at that? But its not GXP's fault, this slot has ALWAYS sucked, cause people can't stay up for shit lol

It was good while it lasted...
:neg: :neg: :neg: :neg:

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on December 08, 2012, 10:05:54 PM
Well, it was good while it lasted...GXP is getting moved and apparently taking Eureka's old spot, which is like 3 in the morning Eastern time I believe.

Apprently, Tenchi was pulling sucky numbers compared to the first shows aka the Shounen, and Toonami thinks this might be a way to keep you bastards from turning the channel after the first hour. When will they learn the casual fan doesn't even give a shit about an anime Genre that's not action? And Harem at that? But its not GXP's fault, this slot has ALWAYS sucked, cause people can't stay up for shit lol

It was good while it lasted...
:neg: :neg: :neg: :neg:

Hmmm see I had a prediction that they might show War On Geminar! next year on Toonami but now I'm wondering if this would affect that? Hopefully the people over at toonami are smart enough to understand why GXP didn't do well

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on December 08, 2012, 10:05:54 PM

This is not a sig, it's a Sandwich.

December 08, 2012, 11:27:05 PM #55 Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 11:29:48 PM by Tenchi Ryu
Quote from: Dr.Soviet on December 08, 2012, 10:32:10 PM

Hopefully the people over at toonami are smart enough to understand why GXP didn't do well HERE OVERSEAS
Fixed that for you. Shit sold like hotcakes in Japan for a harem series. Then again, even Original Tenchi is only somewhat relevant for its known rabid shitty fanbase and nostalgia 90s-00s Toonami effect.

Lettuce be Cereal, who is still talking about Ramna 1/2 right now  :staredog: :staredog:
(Refer to MJ avatar to the left)

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on December 08, 2012, 11:27:05 PM
Quote from: Dr.Soviet on December 08, 2012, 10:32:10 PM

Hopefully the people over at toonami are smart enough to understand why GXP didn't do well HERE OVERSEAS
Fixed that for you. Shit sold like hotcakes in Japan for a harem series. Then again, even Original Tenchi is only somewhat relevant for its known rabid shitty fanbase and nostalgia 90s-00s Toonami effect.

Lettuce be Cereal, who is still talking about Ramna 1/2 right now  :staredog: :staredog:
(Refer to MJ avatar to the left)

Ranma 1/2! Now that's a series that's due for a reboot.

Really?  I'd have thought that seven seasons+OVA series+movie+movie+movie was enough. >.>
Plus, it went in and out of being good.  And had no ending whatsoever.
I still love the series, though!

Quote from: For Washuu on December 09, 2012, 04:02:01 PM
Really?  I'd have thought that seven seasons+OVA series+movie+movie+movie was enough. >.>
Plus, it went in and out of being good.  And had no ending whatsoever.
I still love the series, though!

We have a new generation of people that have never seen it though I mean look at JoJo's Bizarre adventure reboot it's doing really well.

December 10, 2012, 10:53:42 AM #59 Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 11:41:01 AM by shades of blue
If they'd reboot any of Rumiko's works, it'd probably be Urusei Yatsura. Cause nearly 35 years later, Lum is still relevant to nerd culture/spank material. Also it's one reboot I approves.

EDIT: should work now