Tenchi is BACK in TV (Toonami and Tenchi thread)

Started by Tenchi Ryu, November 04, 2012, 12:13:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Toonami to update Tom

http://www.youtube.com/v/Y6cokwNNg4U

Also, Rebuild of Eva 1.0 will play next week as well as it being announced that One Piece will join the anime lineup.

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on March 10, 2013, 04:52:29 PM
as well as it being announced that One Piece will join the anime lineup.

wah?! I thought Funi management would never wise up enough to allow CN airing rights of OP. Maybe they finally realized it would be impossible to continue funding the licensing of nearly 600 episodes without a current TV run & strictly relying on dvd/bd sales & streaming. Something VIZ clearly realized wouldn't work, since they were smart enough to work out a deal with CN regarding Naruto & Bleach.

March 11, 2013, 11:48:27 PM #77 Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 12:00:55 AM by Tenchi Ryu
Some very interesting news at the Momo con....Demarco explains the situation with Tenchi on toonami, and exactly what was going on. Apparently there was interest in the movies to air, but apparently viewer ratings wasn't big enough. Skip to the 14:30 minute mark to start hearing about the Tenchi stuff

http://www.youtube.com/v/JfIOUhUgjAs&feature=player_embedded

Loving the new Toonami promo...they used Hudson Mohawke's Higher Ground for the first song....been loving that all month...

http://www.youtube.com/v/dviV3OaBv5w

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-03-26/toonami-to-re-air-igpx-in-april

My boy has been wanting me to watch this forever, so he jumped like a bat out of hell when he found out and told me. Gives me a chance to finally check it out, he's been giving it high praise, so hopefully its good.

IGPX was alright from what I remember. I watched it because Production IG made it so, kind of had a fairly high expectation of the series (if only because I love the GitS series a bit 'too much'). Over all, it was, eh. A racing anime with mechs. It wasn't bad. But nothing really ground breaking.

It's also funny because it was a series where I kind of, basically the pairing I preferred early on with the main character actually changed. Went from not liking the pairing in season 1, to, preferring it to what happened in Season 2. Guess that shows I can't be easily pleased about the pairing choice in manga or anime no matter the series.  :parrot:

April 13, 2013, 12:04:32 AM #83 Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 02:35:20 AM by Harls
QuoteMeet your new Tom

QuoteLooks like the old Tom.

YEEAAHHH! *windmills guitar*  :smug:
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Ok, who was playing Halo before making the new ship...

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on November 04, 2012, 12:13:50 AM
Casshern Sins is coming about to finish its run on Toonami in about 2 weeks....take a look at the new lineup!!!

The new schedule will be:
12:00   Bleach
12:30   Tenchi Muyo! GXP
01:00   Samurai 7
01:30   Thundercats
02:00   Sym-Bionic Titan
02:30   Eureka 7
03:00   Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
03:30   Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
04:00   Cowboy Bebop
04:30   Cowboy Bebop
05:00   Inuyasha
05:30   Inuyasha

So how about some of you take the time to finally look at the show, and hate if some if you already do  :P :P

*In before butthurt fanboys
Well a lot has changed, but in the end, it has been a great glorious 6 months. Tenchi material on national television again was greatly appreciated and hopefully this will give Funimation the message that we could use more Tenchi on television. Maybe they'll feel like testing with Isekai...

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on May 12, 2013, 11:23:10 PM
Well a lot has changed, but in the end, it has been a great glorious 6 months. Tenchi material on national television again was greatly appreciated and hopefully this will give Funimation the message that we could use more Tenchi on television. Maybe they'll feel like testing with Isekai...

I'm thinking they will, they made a pretty big deal out of getting the rights to Tenchi.

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on May 12, 2013, 11:23:10 PM
hopefully this will give Funimation the message that we could use more Tenchi on television.
They're not the ones that need convincing.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."