Some Paradise Wars details

Started by onimono, April 07, 2013, 05:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hmmmm...I'm not sure how Seiryo came into view, but without knowing the contents of the GXP novels (which expand on the GXP anime a great deal), I wouldn't venture a guess.

Story-wise, Seina may well be on the island in disguise due to whomever the mysterious person is who will "shake up the galaxy" (unless that is Minamida).

June 02, 2013, 11:46:25 PM #31 Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 11:50:13 PM by Tenchi Ryu
Nah, Seiryo was just a joke because of the vibrant pink hair, and it seems to match with the tropical vibe of PW. But yea, wasn't expecting this to be straight up sequel like.

One thing that's on my mind is wondering how effective starting a new series before ending GXP will be. The GXP novels seem to really make the anime non-canon at this point, so I wonder if we can assume the anime ending is for the most part the same canon novel ending with some tweaks and touches, or if GXP will end completely different.

The Renza girls seemed to have went with Seina to Earth and Tenchi's house, Mitsuki and her pops from Dual make their appearance, then you have the slumbering chick from Vol 4 or 5. Then Kiriko's mom seems to have a pretty important part in one of the later novels. So I hope we don't start to get into this "sequel" and we don't even have our prequel facts right. Though at the same time, I'm fairly certain the meat of the story (Seina getting a royal seed, the official marriage, etc) should still be intact.

August 29, 2013, 05:22:52 AM #33 Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 05:24:57 AM by Gravel
More pics

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on August 29, 2013, 11:01:13 AM
I wanna say the purple haired chick is from Jurai.

I think it's safe to say that's Palty Jurai and the other one is Apuesa Da Ruma.

Also, goddamn they're fuckin hot!
This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

Ok I'm lost, are they suppose to be from Pirate Guilds and what are they doing on what I presume is Earth with a Juraian noble? I read the ANB's FAQ, but maybe I'm missing something in translation.

Quote from: Spudcommando on September 09, 2013, 09:13:40 AM
Ok I'm lost, are they suppose to be from Pirate Guilds and what are they doing on what I presume is Earth with a Juraian noble? I read the ANB's FAQ, but maybe I'm missing something in translation.
Well as ANB pointed out, after Seina basically became the hammer of justice to the entire Pirate community, a lot of things have changed and most likely putting them at jeopardy in the process. So if anything, I can see this as a opportunity for hopeful guilds to want to get legit and become officially connected with the galactic union (and on Jurai's good side). This seems to be in the guise of some kind of school like setting, cause you know Japan loves school to settle very important conflicts that they deem too important for adults.

Not entirely sure yet how exactly the MC is connected into this politically.

September 12, 2013, 10:46:06 PM #38 Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 10:48:00 PM by Gravel
Currently in talks with translator for approval. Things are looking good so far.

Quote from: Gravel on September 12, 2013, 10:46:06 PM
Currently in talks with translator for approval. Things are looking good so far.

Fucking sweet Gravel, tell them we all really appreciate it. Depending on their time available, we don't have to have detailed word by word translations. Just decent chapter summaries would suffice.

Quote from: Gravel on September 12, 2013, 10:46:06 PM

itz habbening

September 24, 2013, 06:53:46 PM #41 Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 06:55:21 PM by Gravel
Translation has been approved.

I'll be ordering the books asap. However, I'm only getting Paradise War translated at this point in time. Once I receive the book, I'll give him the details of how long Paradise War actually is. Then he can give me an estimate of how long it'll take to translate. He does this beforehand due to his teaching job and so it doesn't take forever to finish.

Quote from: Gravel on September 24, 2013, 06:53:46 PM
Translation has been approved.

I'll be ordering the books asap. However, I'm only getting Paradise War translated at this point in time. Once I receive the book, I'll give him the details of how long Paradise War actually is. Then he can give me an estimate of how long it'll take to translate. He does this beforehand due to his teaching job and so it doesn't take forever to finish.

This is a shocking (in a good way) Development