Question I can't seem to answer.

Started by LightHawkWing, April 25, 2013, 11:07:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Someone sent in this question to my tumblr this morning and I can't formulate a good answer for her

"I'm confused as to why I keep seeing people put "Washu's son is dead from what we know". If he is biologically Washu's son, who in fact can live for a VERY long time, why would her son be dead? I kind of wonder if Kajishima will at all include him in any of his future Tenchi works, like maybe he'll be in search of his mother."

He should be dead from old age, Unless people with GP enhancements can live up to 5000 years but I don't think they can.

I thought he's alive still.
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on April 25, 2013, 12:56:11 PM
He should be dead from old age, Unless people with GP enhancements can live up to 5000 years but I don't think they can.
The point is, the person believes that since he's Washu's son, he should still be alive.

Maybe we would have an answer if the Washu novel was translated  :neg:

Since Mikami and Minami are supposely around 10,000 years old, there is a chance that Washu's son Mikumo is still alive. Before OVA 3's episode 7, the Kuramitsu Family was not aware of Washu being one of the Chousin Goddesses. Now, only a few members of the Kuramitsu Family are aware of Washu being a Chousin Goddess. It is likely that Mitoto and Mikami are aware of Washu's true nature. 

Mikumo is likely alive because his mother Washu was one of the Chousin Goddesses. He would have learn of his mother's true nature from Mikami.  At the moment, Mikumo seems not interested in having a reunion.  If OVA 4 is produce, Mikumo can use the chance of using a visit by the Kuramitsu Family to Earth.  We do know the reasons why the Kuramitsu Family is going to visit the earth.  One of the reasons will focus on checking if Tenchi is worthly of becoming Mihoshi's fiance.

:how: :bravo:

Quote from: takahata on April 25, 2013, 04:31:27 PM
Since Mikami and Minami are supposely around 10,000 years old, there is a chance that Washu's son Mikumo is still alive. Before OVA 3's episode 7, the Kuramitsu Family was not aware of Washu being one of the Chousin Goddesses. Now, only a few members of the Kuramitsu Family are aware of Washu being a Chousin Goddess. It is likely that Mitoto and Mikami are aware of Washu's true nature. 

Mikumo is likely alive because his mother Washu was one of the Chousin Goddesses. He would have learn of his mother's true nature from Mikami.  At the moment, Mikumo seems not interested in having a reunion.  If OVA 4 is produce, Mikumo can use the chance of using a visit by the Kuramitsu Family to Earth.  We do know the reasons why the Kuramitsu Family is going to visit the earth.  One of the reasons will focus on checking if Tenchi is worthly of becoming Mihoshi's fiance.

Now that I think about it isn't Mikami really young looking but uses a disguise?

I've been asked this too. My answer has always been, "I'm not sure if Washu's son is alive or not."  Being Washu's child, longevity would seem to be in the genes, but who knows what might have happened.  If someone has an official citation for him being alive, let me know and I'll get that into the FAQ.

He could be alive & in suspended animation, like Ayeka was and some do with their unborn fetuses. And I would not be surprised if a number of groups, like the GP, periodically rotate personnel in & out of suspended animation.

In any case, Mikamo, Mikumo, Miyuki, etc are not present in the Kuramitsu family flashback scene.

Mitoto, Mitoto's husband, Minami, Mikami, Misao, Mihoshi

Geez, when you look all their names, it's kinda creepy how they all begin with 'Mi' and some are a play on another. So much incest in space. :duck:

Quote from: shades of blue on April 27, 2013, 09:35:41 AM
He could be alive & in suspended animation, like Ayeka was and some do with their unborn fetuses. And I would not be surprised if a number of groups, like the GP, periodically rotate personnel in & out of suspended animation.

In any case, Mikamo, Mikumo, Miyuki, etc are not present in the Kuramitsu family flashback scene.

Mitoto, Mitoto's husband, Minami, Mikami, Misao, Mihoshi

Geez, when you look all their names, it's kinda creepy how they all begin with 'Mi' and some are a play on another. So much incest in space. :duck:

Nakita is Mihoshi's father.  He was the Galaxy Army General who was talking to Minami during the Chobimaru Affair. Kajishima had forgotten to identified Nakita as the General.
Quote from: Dr.Soviet on April 25, 2013, 04:53:46 PM
Quote from: takahata on April 25, 2013, 04:31:27 PM

Now that I think about it isn't Mikami really young looking but uses a disguise?

Maybe Mikami is using a disguise.  She seems to look as an older person at the moment.

:how: :lmao:

Quote from: shades of blue on April 27, 2013, 09:35:41 AMGeez, when you look all their names, it's kinda creepy how they all begin with 'Mi' and some are a play on another.

I assume it's tradition, almost like another family name for them.

The Kanji they use (as far as I see, multiple kanji can have the sound "Mi") 美 means pretty/beatiful.  Mihoshi is beautiful star.  Mitoto as far as I can tell means pretty rabbit jump, perhaps a reference to her teleporting places randomly. 

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%E7%BE%8E
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

Quote from: takahata on April 29, 2013, 04:30:37 PM
Maybe Mikami is using a disguise.  She seems to look as an older person at the moment.

Who do you think the woman in the two pictures posted by Tenchi Ryu is? She IS Mikami without the disguise. This is further evidenced by this picture of a younger Mikami.