[AiTM] The new "Tenchi Muyo" series is a Negishi created AU

Started by antvasima, August 01, 2014, 01:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Gaston on August 29, 2014, 11:23:03 AM
I hope they wouldn't make Aeka a bitch, Washu insane and Mihoshi too stupid again.
^ This.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Definitely gonna be some hardcore shit going on. That's some seriously skimpy clothing just to be chillin in the house all day and stuff. Guess the at home slice of life part is out the picture.

Quote from: جبريل 無道 on August 29, 2014, 11:01:25 AM
[

http://www.youtube.com/v/zfu54x2WEoA

They look like a group of increasingly desperate space whores. Competing against those schoolgirls must be tough, for these desperate housecrashers.
BTW I like how Washu suddenly became 20,000 years old, in a series "based off Universe".

I agree about that we should tone down the negativity now that the original crew will appear.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

I see Hatsune Miku, Hitagi Senjougahara, a bunnygirl, a hostess girl & a space pirate. What is this original cast you talk of?

Quote from: shades of blue on August 29, 2014, 04:37:15 PM
I see Hatsune Miku, Hitagi Senjougahara, a bunnygirl, a hostess girl & a space pirate. What is this original cast you talk of?

Yeah those girls are more like alternative version of the original cast.

(I guess I shouldn't be starting a new thread)

I'm surprised the old cast are there (it seems).  I was wrong about that.

There was a massive negative reaction to the new girls in Japan (on twitter). Do you guys think it was early enough in the production process for them to change/shake up the story to cater to fans?

But for an anime with 250 minutes (I'm guessing 225 minutes if 30 seconds combined for opener/credits), which comes out equivalent to 10 22.5 minute episodes = what exactly are they doing with such a huge cast?

We're talking about 13 girls now. And some of the new girls look like they were patterned after the old girls in a generic way (small lab coat girl and Beni).

One thing interesting is that none of the Tenchi girls have weapons. unlike the 8 new girls. And they have the same basic description that OAV or TU could have given them. Sasami is still a kid. So this doesn't seem to be a continuation of, say, TU.

What is AiTM trying to be, exactly?
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

Quote from: shades of blue on August 29, 2014, 04:37:15 PM

Really confused with the fascination of all them wearing heels myself....

I'll give it a chance. I like Washu's design.

I've taken tourism classes so I'd really like to dissect it and figure out how it will actually promote tourism to this area of Japan.
Plenty of trees on Jurai, and plenty of big juicy melons.

Since it's a different artist I don't really mind the looks of them, I like the pretty sammy look they gave Sasami. Overall I'm happy that the original cast is in it I just hope they have a big enough role.

I will admit that I like the alternate designs and everything (Sasami getting the Pretty Sammy look as her default in this series was a clever move), but yeah... as was bought up, this smells like damage control more than anything else.  Especially now that we have about 14 characters involved overall and only 250 minutes or so to work with - that is an equation that will more than likely be troublesome in some situations.

But enough negativity from me! :) I'm just glad they included the original cast and didn't leave them out completely.  If they didn't even bother putting them in this one (Considering that it is considered the anniversary season), it would be the only anniversary season that I have heard of or seen that failed all expectations before it even began.  But yeah, now I have more confidence in this series and will more than likely check it out now.

In short... our voices (As well as those of everyone else) have been heard, and we got what we wanted.  Glad AIC is using that logic on this occasion, unlike some other companies who won't use that logic at all.

It's party time, ladies and gentlemen... drinks are on me this time. :getin:
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Finally. Glad they got pressured in to release some images of the classic girls. I just love most of the designs for them especially Mihoshi's and Ayeka's (Kudos to the person who referenced Senjougahara.) My only problem is with Washu's with the way her new hair is and that red choker outfit. The lab coat is a nice touch. It's reminding me of Kurisu & Okabe a lot.

So is there like an unwritten rule with the girls that they can't wear pants? All of the ones shown so far don't even wear them. I sure am gonna miss TU Ryoko's red tights.

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on August 29, 2014, 11:52:33 AM
How on earth you gonna change Ryoko's signature dbz looking hair?
I'm not too upset about that, though I am gonna miss Washu's signature Crab hair the most though....

I have to admit I was leery about the series at first but the fact the original cast is in really puts me at ease. It does make me speculate about how the series will be handled. Considering these series generally have a 30 second intro and outro as opposed to the usual minute and a half OPs and EDs, that's 4 actual minutes of new animation per episode.

With that in mind, I have a small theory about how this will go- the original cast, plus Tenchi, will have more comedy based episodes that actually advertise the area, while the new cast plus Tenchi will have more story based episodes (plus obligatory schoolgirl fanservice since especially as there's that one girl who does appear to be lesbian). I mean both will obviously be comedic, but, the main story is about this school and less about the rest of the Masaki household. Actually, I half think that the only one out of the new girls Tenchi will have to worry about crushing on him will be Kurihara-"senpai". Just my thoughts though.

... side note, on the new designs, I like them. I wouldn't say they're better (except Tenchi's, oddly, which I REALLY like), but they're pretty good. I don't mind the changes to Ryoko's hair or Washu's hair either, but I did like the reason for their original designs having them. I am a bit concerned about where all their pants went as well, though. It kinda fits for the others, but it just looks odd on Ayeka. Also oddly fond of Hachiko's design...

Quote from: Mewshuji on August 29, 2014, 10:10:45 PM

With that in mind, I have a small theory about how this will go- the original cast, plus Tenchi, will have more comedy based episodes that actually advertise the area, while the new cast plus Tenchi will have more story based episodes (plus obligatory schoolgirl fanservice since especially as there's that one girl who does appear to be lesbian). I mean both will obviously be comedic, but, the main story is about this school and less about the rest of the Masaki household. Actually, I half think that the only one out of the new girls Tenchi will have to worry about crushing on him will be Kurihara-"senpai". Just my thoughts though.

Damn, pretty solid theory, and I think that would be a great way to keep the returning fans happy and get the whole promotion stuff out the way. Though, with those outfits, its gotta be some kind of action....

I mean, its not like the girls would just be wearing that stuff just to be lounging aroung right? Right  :shepicide: :shepicide:

I sure hope that they don't try to sexualise Sasami. She is only 10-11 years old.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki