OVA 5 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, August 30, 2017, 12:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Eff Efferson on February 26, 2021, 07:10:25 PM

calling it now, next episode we will see parts of If animated. :P because rememeber kenshi gets sent off a while after they have kids. all his kids were watching on of his fights happen at one point

I'll take that bet!

It's just a neat one-off scene. I consider the anime to be setting a new precedent and not adhering to what has been seen in the speculative stories of the doujinshi.

For instance, they've already blasted way past the hypothetical timeline of Sasami finger-banging to Tenchi and Noike. 
...in my pants

Quote from: NedWhen was it confirmed that there would a "7th episode of OVA 3"?
*paging through the dark history*... the same time the 6th episode was released. Released 6 months later.

Yes, there's a chance, although it didn't happen for OVA 4.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

in if V kenshi is there for the birth of ayeka and ryoko's children. so we should be getting that.

https://e-hentai.org/s/49f51f9ade/632712-16 from kamidake onsen we can see them watching kenshi

lol and yeah true thank the choushin that sasami scene never ended up canon
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

February 27, 2021, 03:37:20 AM #633 Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 10:57:32 AM by antvasima
Thank you Ned, and sorry about forgetting that I already added a preview for the episode to the wiki's front page.

After checking both previews, I like the old one better. However, I would appreciate if you tell me when previews for episode 6 come out.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

February 27, 2021, 03:38:16 AM #634 Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 03:42:53 AM by antvasima
Anyway, I also really like the OVA 5 series. It is a big improvement from OVA 4. Much of the classic upbeat high quality Tenchi Muyo fare seems to be back, which is a relief.

Ned has thankfully also done a great job improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki recently, so viewers of the show can get proper explanations about the background characters if necessary.

Final shot of episode 5. Is it just a nice shot of the moon, or do you think it's supposed to be some weird foreshadowing? I mean, there is importance to the moon in the series.
...in my pants

I think Seina and Tenchi *looking* at the moon, not the moon itself, foreshadows the wedding.

Also, I'm really confused about something. I know Seina didn't get married right away, because the Renza girls interrupted the wedding, and Seina got stranded in the Renza Federation for awhile shortly afterwards.

Kenshi is 10-12 years old in episode 5, but Seina, never mind Tenchi, is JUST GETTING MARRIED?! Can someone explain that?

Seina apparently goes through a series of marriages in Renza and is already married to Kiriko, Amane, Ryoko B., Neju, and the Renza girls. And apparently also Jovia and probably Airen (an elf princess from the 5th Kingdom in Renza) by the time the all return. All largely political, except for the fact that they all (with the possible exception of Jovia) love him genuinely. But with them being caught in a series of battles and adventures, it's probably safe to say they didn't have any great ceremonies or had any time to ENJOY married life.
The talks about the marriage on Earth were simply about a ceremony for the benefit of people on Earth and Federation guests. I assume that Seina DID have a ceremony or two in the past couple years. But those have not been covered.
...in my pants

Thanks a lot for the info!

So I've seen episode 5 at least 5 times already. I was very happy to see Crazy Eyebrow Lady (thanks Eff!) get some screentime.
If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway!

I am just saying that I have enjoy watching Episode 5.  There is a couple on Minaho's right. Both do seem to represent the descendants of Katsuhito and his first wife Katsumi .  Airi and Katsuhito are teasing Minaho for not getting married.  She tells likely as a joke that she will not get married until her parents are. Airi and Katcuhito have a common in law marriage. Still Minaho wants her parents o get married in a simple wedding ceremony.

For the next episode, I am suspecting the first chapter of the -if- douj. I want the names of Tenchi's two daughters to be Kiyone  and Achika,  Kiyone is name after her paternal grandmother Kiyone. Achika is as a salute for Achika from Universe and Tenchi in Tokyo.

The franchise can be save by the War On Geminar sequel, TENCHI MUYO: THE NEXT GENERATION, and an other series.  Tenchi Muyo ! Ryo-Ohki is one of the groundbreaking series of anime. It had transform the Exotic Girlfriend genre into the Harem genre.  While T0 Love-Ru may have the first female MC of a harem series,   A sequel where the female protagonist is the MC can give us a female perspective of a harem. TM! TNG is a likely candidate.

:uhaul: :swave: :chill: :Hap: :howaboutno: :tits: :bombed: :nonono:

Here are the sales numbers for episodes 4 and 5:
Episode 4 - 4,371 copies
Episode 5 - 4,429 copies

And here are the first 3 in case you don't want to go back.
Quote from: Ryo-Okay on November 29, 2020, 11:52:38 PM
Episode 1 - 3,341 copies
Episode 2 - 3,887 copies
Episode 3 - 4,066 copies

The time skips are the best thing to happen to this series, things finally moving. Its crazy, I think OVA 5 is my favorite one right after 1 and 2 now, it has a very well paced story, explains things, and is very neatly connecting all the dots

Aww. Ryo-Ohki is sad about losing her best friend when Kenshi is sent away.