Kazuki Yotsuga = "Masaki"?

Started by Nonsuch Ned, December 18, 2020, 02:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I was looking for something or other and ended up on the Japanese wiki page for Masaki Kajishima.

Here's a fun sentence put through Google Translate:

I often give my name by playing with my name. For example, the name of Kazuki Shika, the main character of " Dual! Parerunrun Monogatari ", can be read as "Masaki" by reading "Shikaichi" as "positive" with 4 + 1 = 5

original:
例えば『デュアル!ぱられルンルン物語』の主人公・四加一樹の氏名は、「四加一」を4+1=5で「正」と読むと、「正樹」ともじることができる

Can anyone make better sense of it? Eff?

My understanding is that when you write the name in proper order together  YotsugaKazuki 「四加一」 (which reads as "4+1") AND you then solve it so it's "4+1=5" the resulting characters can somehow be pronounced as "Masaki" 「正樹」 :question: :question: :question:

really don't get that.

...but it probably explains why he reused the name, he probably figured that not enough people saw his funny little name trick when it was just the briefly mentioned father of Azusa.

...in my pants

i explained it some where hold on lemme remember
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

The Japanese loves these kind of word games. It wouldn't surprise me to find a lot of people got that connection here. Probably 20% of the variety shows my wife watches are word games. I don't usually get many of them correct. Mostly by guessing. My kanji reading ability sucks! Gotta get off my butt and do something about that.
If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway!