OVA 5 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, August 30, 2017, 12:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Ricin on March 05, 2020, 10:38:02 PM
Okay, Putting this topic back on track.

OVA 5 Ep 1 has been ripped, Encoded, and is with a vendor for subtitles. Expected Delivery is 3/23/20.

As soon as I have them, I will work with Eff to get them reviewed, placed in canonical context and embedded into the video file.
Added bonus they are doing Japanese subs as well for any deaf Japanese.

That is all, back to your regularly scheduled non-sense

Well, that's a fantastic news! Can't wait for it!

Any ideas when they are planning to release it oversea/NA?

No there is no word of OVA 4 or 5 getting a release in US or overseas in general. I was wondering the same thing not long ago, just as bummed about it. But there will likely be subs online after a while.

dont expect anything too exciting guys the first episodes of ovas are always just setup.

jovia and kenshi playing is without  a doubt the greatest thing in the episode. thought id hate jovia but no jovia is great.

the ending though is some good news... things are about to get jiggy in the tenchi house. baby fever is in the air
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

:sotw: And if it's direct to DVD/BluRay does that mean some uncensored bits?

The first episode sold 3,341 copies between the 28th and the 1st.

Crunchyroll is now streaming OVA 5 episode 1. 😮

That is correct, yes: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/cms/.157248

I will place the news in the wiki, and suggest that visitors sign up for Crunchyroll to view it.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on March 07, 2020, 01:05:46 AM
Crunchyroll is now streaming OVA 5 episode 1. 😮

I saw the news this morning and my only response was this... WAIT, WHAT? I mean, we didn't get OVA 4, and yet OVA 5 came over. Is this a Bizarroverse timeline or something? Still, good news is good news. I'll take it! :)

Quote from: Eff Efferson on March 06, 2020, 06:34:40 PM
the ending though is some good news... things are about to get jiggy in the tenchi house. baby fever is in the air

AWWWW, SNAP. :getin:
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

I am of mixed emotions.

I am happy that we are getting subs.

I am pissed that I have committed a lot of resources to this project.

Well, I can't wait to see what the next episode has to offer.

Quote from: Ricin on March 07, 2020, 10:44:06 AM
I am of mixed emotions.

I am happy that we are getting subs.

I am pissed that I have committed a lot of resources to this project.

Well, I can't wait to see what the next episode has to offer.

how the heck are they just gonna sub ova 5 and not 4
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Well, this way you won't have to take legal risks, so I think that is very good.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

:damn:

So just to be clear, Crunchyroll is part of a larger platform including Rooster Teeth and whatever else that parent WarnerMedia/ AT&T owns. Now that they've got streaming rights of OVA V for the near future, we absolutely have to abandon any in-house sub efforts.

Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki! (season 5) is "published" on Crunchyroll's platform by a Japanese company called Happinet. They are a division of Bandai, and have probably been in the online streaming business for some time.

sucks cause this means we cant even sub the audio drama disks... gotta hope those come in when funimation dubs them
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Just to reiterate the convo in the shoutbox, I think Funimation is dropping Tenchi this year.