OVA 5 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, August 30, 2017, 12:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: GP cadet 87 on June 04, 2020, 10:38:38 AM
Quote from: Eff Efferson on June 04, 2020, 01:37:53 AM
I found the raw online on the japanise web for those interested. check the tenchi's girls facebook page or dm me

When I copy the link it says the website doesn't exist. It's been almost a week, surprised it hasn't been uploaded to nyaa torrents yet.
Delete the space before.com facebook censors links
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

I feel stupid. I've been checking Crunchyroll constantly all day, and I somehow missed the "new episodes released every Friday @ 10:00 p.m. CDT" on the web page lol.

So I'll have to wait till tomorrow I guess, or check Youtube around midnight. Can't wait! Thankfully I decided not to watch the raw after all. :)

I'm not sure any of us saw that.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

I saw it. It doesn't mean anything though as far as I can tell
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Eff Efferson on June 05, 2020, 08:51:46 PM
I saw it. It doesn't mean anything though as far as I can tell

I guess you're right. Especially since it says, "every Friday".  :jap:
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

The Tenchi story may no longer exist in OVA5. In episodes 1 and 2, Kajishima just released some of the backstory he had. It's mainly about the novel GXP, novel Paradise War, and Geminar.
In episode 2, Seto was suggested to hold a Paradise War, and Seina and others preparing to do so appeared. However, the official website states that in episode 3, Paradise War will be omitted and Kenshi will play the leading role.

The raw is up at Nyaa as well.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

kajishima brings up the tarrant tenchi battle i swore was going ot be in ova 4 jsu tto taunt me i swear but also eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

you know what this means guys? he hasto pick a girl on earth to be legally married to... so does... tenchi...

Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Start the best girl wars all over again!

so the earth Misaki family will be tenchi and his girls saina and his girls and maybe the main guy from paradise wars and his girls and kenshi and some of the girls from geminar with both is aunts from there

June 13, 2020, 10:27:39 AM #372 Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 10:38:21 AM by GP cadet 87
Finally saw the episode, and...well, some interesting things, and some, not bad, weird things.

First of all, really sweet that, not only do we see the GXP cast again (without Gyoukuren), this episode revolves around them. I think it's really nice that Seina can return to earth with his family, which officially include Acha and Airen (the elf princess from Renza IIRC) now. The only sad thing is is that we only get glimpses of Seina and his girls interacting, and what their home life was like in the years between OVA 3 & 4.

It's very weird seeing the GXP cast like this tbh, but awesome too. Neeju grown up into a hot teenager where before she was a token loli character who acted like the streotypical little sis brocon. D and Mitsuki being reincarnated. Fuku having a (hot) humanoid form. NB being a hot woman's soul (?) trapped inside a robot. For any American Tenchi fan not aware of the extended material, this would be extremely confusing. I still don't know who Qwansa Panta is from watching the episode. She seems like Seto's sister rather than a clone/split personality, or whatever the hell the doujins/novels call her.

Of course, the other big thing is the introduction of the Paradise War story line. I'm really effin' confused by the whole premise. Pirates, like Vikings, are a job title, not an ethnicity/sovereign state. I don't get how unafilliated mercenary criminals can form a country. I get that there are pirate guilds, groups of pirates working together already, but why would the Galactic Federation wantt to unite them? To control crime? I really don't understand it. Seina's job I get; with his good luck, he can literally prevent anything from going wrong with the battle royale. But the entire setup for this fight is baffling to me. Can some one please

The relationship between Seina and Tenchi is very interesting now. They both grew up together as simple earthlings, but now they will be living together with their extended families. Now, like Amane and Kiriko said, they've made Earth the largest concentration of power in the universe. I would like a potential sixth season to cover the doujins of the two families living together

June 14, 2020, 09:03:34 AM #373 Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 09:09:34 AM by AstroNerdBoy
OK...What's the history of "Mirror Seto", aka Quis (Kuis) Panta? For a start, she looks nothing like Seto. She seems to have some sort of rivalry with Seto, based on OVA 5, episode 02. She also seems to work for GXP if Ringo is dressing both Seto and Kuis down. But Kuis (as the official subs spell her name) is well known to Sasami, Ayeka, and Noike.

What happened on Renza to have Kuis apparently unhappy with Sasami?

Also, under what context does the powerful Seto-sama have to sit seiza due to a GXP financial inquiry? I'm guessing this is referencing something they did in the GXP novels.

Short History of Quis Panta. After the Mikagami went on a pirate killing spree, Seto went into a coma. They made a mirror warrior of her to keep her important role in intelligence and military affairs active. Now that things have calmed down, Quis is her premiere intelligence asset. Using her shape shifting ability and ability to become someone else through intense study (similar to Mimakasa Subaru from food wars) allowing Seto to plan for countermeasures of her enemies.

They are not rivals as much as they are like sisters, because they share each others memories they are extremely close and are both caught up in the same mischief because of that closeness. Both are being dressed down by Ringo because of the cost of the Renza arc story or some non-sense that was probably part of the resolution to the Renza Arc. Ringo is not powerful in many cases, but in the field of the accounts of Jurai ... there is no greater demon. Ringo is not just Seto's accountant, she is the head of the Hyena Corp. Which means if the numbers are wrong your ass his hers.

Quis would be well know to Sasami, Ayeka, and Noike because they are all relatives by adoption or by blood to Seto and as Quis is the head of the local corp (could be an odd translation, might mean Kamiki house's private internal security or intelligence and bodyguard unit) which would be in charge of their security. Quis is unhappy that Sasami spilled the beans to the others about even going to Renza.

As Seto's mirror Warrior she was ultimately supposed to take the fall for the drama and hassle at the Seina's original wedding. Instead Quis escaped to Repeushi and started helping Seina in the Renza Arc.

About why Seto and Quis have to take a tongue lashing about money from Ringo is set up in the novels early on. Seina is rich even in the context of Galactic Nations. Kiriko may be handling his finances on the home front but the money from his capture of 4800+ pirate ships, the incalculable sums of money willed to him by Widow upon her death and whatever other treasures and claims that Seina technically owns is being borrowed from by Seto for other clandestine operations. JURAI HAS BORROWED A LOT OF SEINA'S MONEY. Ringo doesn't mind personally because she knows it strengthens Seina's grip on Seto in he ever needed it, but she will not tolerate money being wasted by Seto. I repeat Ringo is the head of they Hyena Corp for a reason.

I hope that helps explain stuff.