OVA 5 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, August 30, 2017, 12:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: antvasima on December 28, 2020, 12:18:49 PM
There is a new preview video out for episode 5:

https://youtu.be/PMWGvQ5-jWk

Hi, yes I was just going to post that link. I did a quick google translate of the auto-generated CC. Kenshi narrates that the episode will focus on the relationship between Tenchi and the girls, and that he is now certain that since going to Banjo Island something is up between them. "今回の見どころはなんといっても天地兄ちゃんや魎呼姉ちゃんたちの関係。" "The highlight this time around is the relationship between Tenchi and Ryoko and the others."

To be fair, in OVA 3 when Nobuyuki referred the girls, he used the exact phraseology as well. Kind of makes sense since Ryoko was the first one there.

At the same time as this is being said, we get what appears to be an extended version of the episode 3 beach scene on Banjo Island. I hope we get that, and I can't wait to see what gets said there.

I want to point out one particular scene (https://youtu.be/PMWGvQ5-jWk?t=6).  At 6 seconds in, notice the background. Is that not the same backdrop from when Nobuyuki and Rea got married? Except Tenchi is wearing a suit and tie. Hmmm......

Also glad to see Misaki is going to get her chance to embarrass train Kenshi a bit. That should be good.

I'm guessing marriage in the last 5 min of the episode. :goodman:

Looks very promising. Great to see an older Sasami, and everyone else getting screen time. Also, more Minaho, yay!

Quote from: Dreamr on December 28, 2020, 01:22:44 PM
Quote from: antvasima on December 28, 2020, 12:18:49 PM
There is a new preview video out for episode 5:

https://youtu.be/PMWGvQ5-jWk

Hi, yes I was just going to post that link. I did a quick google translate of the auto-generated CC. Kenshi narrates that the episode will focus on the relationship between Tenchi and the girls, and that he is now certain that since going to Banjo Island something is up between them. "今回の見どころはなんといっても天地兄ちゃんや魎呼姉ちゃんたちの関係。" "The highlight this time around is the relationship between Tenchi and Ryoko and the others."

To be fair, in OVA 3 when Nobuyuki referred the girls, he used the exact phraseology as well. Kind of makes sense since Ryoko was the first one there.

At the same time as this is being said, we get what appears to be an extended version of the episode 3 beach scene on Banjo Island. I hope we get that, and I can't wait to see what gets said there.

I want to point out one particular scene (https://youtu.be/PMWGvQ5-jWk?t=6).  At 6 seconds in, notice the background. Is that not the same backdrop from when Nobuyuki and Rea got married? Except Tenchi is wearing a suit and tie. Hmmm......

Also glad to see Misaki is going to get her chance to embarrass train Kenshi a bit. That should be good.

YOU SAID EVERYTHING I WAS GOING TO SAY AND IM HONESTLY SO PROUD IT WASNT ME WHO HAD TO SAY IT :neg: WHEN HAS TENCHI EVER WORN A SUIT. and we know that those style outfit props and fan things are special ritual things because of the novel.
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

December 30, 2020, 10:06:20 PM #604 Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 10:11:24 PM by takahata
  From the OVA % Episode % trialor. Misaki is teching some Jurai Swordmen tactics to Kenshi.  As a fan, I am expecting a wedding.  It is up to Masaki Kajishima when it comes to the wedding.

When it comes to OVA 5, it is more of a slice of life and harem blended into a single series.  OVA 5 reminds me more of of Aoi Yori Aoshi.  Aoi Yori Yoshi was a Harem series in which  I learn that the first love male MC first love is going to win. Oddly Aoi Yori Yoshi  show had the  trope know as the romanic triangle.  The triangle was not expsosed later in the series.

While Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohli may have not been the first harem series, it was a groundbreaking series which help to create the basic harem series formula. Now, it seems that  I want another spinoff of Tenchi Muyo. While a reboot of Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki can help the metafranchise,  I believe that a sequel and other spinoff can help the metafranchise. For me, I will like the next spinoff to be TENCHI MUYO! THE NEXT GENERATION. TM! TNG can one of the first harem series in which the female protagonist is the MC.  Ironic,  To Love-Ru Darkness may have been the first harem series where the main female protagonist is the MC, too.  It is not easy to figure out how the MC of Darkness was the main female protagonist esp. when the male protagonist had dominated the series.

:smugdon: :gtfo: :end: :really:

Great stuff. My guess is Tennyo stops the fellow household members as soon as they get resituated from Banjo Island tasks to present Hawai'ian Island customary lays, to at least drive the point home.

Tenchi.

Get.

Laid already.

Quote from: WaitoKon on January 01, 2021, 12:37:32 AM
Great stuff. My guess is Tennyo stops the fellow household members as soon as they get resituated from Banjo Island tasks to present Hawai'ian Island customary lays, to at least drive the point home.

Tenchi.

Get.

Laid already.

Well...
I don't think he should get lei'd by Tennyo though.

:laugh:
...in my pants

New Years image from the Tenchi twitter. I wish they had done more of these holiday images with OVA 5 like they did with OVA 4.

To be fair, I don't think Tenchi should end up even remotely like Azusa (third wheel to Funaho and Misaki's political maneuverings). He might take a page from Seto's husband, and just let things fall in place while keeping a calm demeanor even when the kids mature and physical or astral framework goes through some stress tests.

Hey, it's Yosho!
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Thank you for the information.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

From the two scenes, it seems that there is going be a special ceremony in the episode.  At 0:07 in the preview video,  Tenchi is wearing a business suit. Also, Misaki is helping in  Kenshi's training.  Likely the series will catch up to the -IF- douj. series in episode 6.

:Hap: :how: :end: :smugdon: :bombed: :cantdeal:

Quote from: takahata on January 23, 2021, 11:57:43 AM
From the two scenes, it seems that there is going be a special ceremony in the episode.  At 0:07 in the preview video,  Tenchi is wearing a business suit. Also, Misaki is helping in  Kenshi's training.  Likely the series will catch up to the -IF- douj. series in episode 6.

:Hap: :how: :end: :smugdon: :bombed: :cantdeal:

I am starting to sound like an mom at the point but:

WHERE IS THE WEDDING?