OVA 5 Info Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, August 30, 2017, 12:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Week away...
yeah, I'm betting it's Seina's "official" wedding. Although it seems like the preview would make an even bigger deal of it, the guests kind of point to Seina again. The royalty wouldn't have to tiptoe around something for Seina but they still can't publicly acknowledge Tenchi's family connections.

...although, you know... the last time we saw that same Masaki Crest hanging on the wall, it was a birth announcement.
...in my pants

February 20, 2021, 03:36:59 PM #616 Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 03:47:06 PM by WaitoKon
I'm certain the new episode settles much of the waiting for wedding rings or such. However, that we've never seen any affection beyond blushing doe-eyed group photo ops in season 5, and the earlier waybackmachine-tier chat that Ayeka and Ryoko had in season 1 episode 5 speaks volumes to the story direction: utter stomach-clenching stagnation.

edit: As an afterthought, it would be interesting to see Seina, already settling - ahem - marriage arrangements, frees him up to be a wingman to his relative Tenchi. The problem is Tenchi being adamant about waiting till the youngest of the girls is old enough, so as not to expose Sasami or Ryo-chan to adult activities in the interim.

the new episode is out on crunchy
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

It took me until the end of the episode to realize that the title is a direct address to fans.

"I am sure you have your opinion on the matter, but please consider the matter closed"

Hilarious episode, lots of teasing going on, the extended cast showing off abilities you didn't know they had,

Great.

And if you think we've had a long wait for a wedding....
...in my pants

February 25, 2021, 02:37:20 PM #619 Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 03:16:03 PM by GP cadet 87
Just saw the ep.

That last third of the episode made this whole season worth it. Seeing the whole cast come together, realizing that this series has been going on for almost 30 years...

That final shot of Seina and Tenchi side by side, while the women gossip and small talk. It's the perfect ending shot lol.

Is there a good YouTube video trailer available for the wedding episode, and if so, can somebody please provide a link, so I can update the front page of the wiki?
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

No preview for the next episode. If you have links to the old ones, "Subscribe and hit the bell" on Youtube, you'll get the notifications from that youtube channel.As long as you visit YT enough.
Unless you've done that for too many and announcements get flooded. In hat case you'd have to turn of notifications for some channels.

Technically, the episode lays out a couple hurdles that might need to be addressed before an actual wedding... (Yosho/Jurai and Mihoshi and Galaxy politics) but also seems to set up the allowance for everyone to act like they're married in the meantime.
If it's good enough for Grandpa.

I have been a passive fan for most of Tenchi's run (never before monitoring the primary news from Japan) So I wonder about something:
In the case of the "specials," eps. 7 & 20, were they announced/expected at the time of the "final" episode before it?  Well, I don't think The Night Before the Carnival could have been planned or announced before the end of episode 6, but what about Final Confrontations? When was it confirmed that there would a "7th episode of OVA 3"?

I'm just saying, it could be an intentional pattern. Specials released after the odd numbered seasons. I wouldn't be surprised if the marriage/ possible return of Kenshi could be saved for a special... released in about a year- if the time frame of the other two hold..
...in my pants

Quote from: Nonsuch Ned on February 25, 2021, 07:40:12 PM
No preview for the next episode. If you have links to the old ones, "Subscribe and hit the bell" on Youtube, you'll get the notifications from that youtube channel.As long as you visit YT enough.
Unless you've done that for too many and announcements get flooded. In hat case you'd have to turn of notifications for some channels.

Technically, the episode lays out a couple hurdles that might need to be addressed before an actual wedding... (Yosho/Jurai and Mihoshi and Galaxy politics) but also seems to set up the allowance for everyone to act like they're married in the meantime.
If it's good enough for Grandpa.

I have been a passive fan for most of Tenchi's run (never before monitoring the primary news from Japan) So I wonder about something:
In the case of the "specials," eps. 7 & 20, were they announced/expected at the time of the "final" episode before it?  Well, I don't think The Night Before the Carnival could have been planned or announced before the end of episode 6, but what about Final Confrontations? When was it confirmed that there would a "7th episode of OVA 3"?

I'm just saying, it could be an intentional pattern. Specials released after the odd numbered seasons. I wouldn't be surprised if the marriage/ possible return of Kenshi could be saved for a special... released in about a year- if the time frame of the other two hold..

they took their sweet time announcing ova 3's and dual's special episodes
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Sorry. I misunderstood, as I haven't watched the current episode yet, and thought that it featured the wedding,

Anyway, I meant that I wonder if there is a good preview out for it that I might update the front page of the wiki with. I have shut off my direct YouTube access, so I cannot check for it myself.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

February 26, 2021, 12:29:58 PM #624 Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 01:02:29 PM by Nonsuch Ned
Quote from: antvasima on February 26, 2021, 11:23:49 AM
Sorry. I misunderstood, as I haven't watched the current episode yet, and thought that it featured the wedding,

Anyway, I meant that I wonder if there is a good preview out for it that I might update the front page of the wiki with. I have shut off my direct YouTube access, so I cannot check for it myself.

Ah, you confused me too, as you've already posted it :)
The only one they ever released for the episode.
https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/File:Tenchi_Muyo!_Ryo-Ohki_OVA_5_-_Episode_5_Preview

[edit]

Whoops, I was kinda wrong.
They put out a new one yesterday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIBuaQL2Qfg

Unfortunately, the CC auto translates to Korean, so setting it to translate-to=English gives out an auto-translate from Korean, and it's gibberish.
They put ou
...in my pants

Loved it. Man if you don't think Tenchi is the greatest anime of all time then there's just something wrong with you. I am sure you have your opinion on the matter, but please consider the matter closed.
This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

February 26, 2021, 06:29:16 PM #626 Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 06:32:44 PM by WarOmnimon
Quote from: GP cadet 87 on February 25, 2021, 02:37:20 PM
Just saw the ep.

That last third of the episode made this whole season worth it. Seeing the whole cast come together, realizing that this series has been going on for almost 30 years...

That final shot of Seina and Tenchi side by side, while the women gossip and small talk. It's the perfect ending shot lol.
Key words there. "For almost 30 years." Next year is the 30th anniversary as a reminder to everyone.

And dang, I still remember the 25th anniversary when OVA 4 was going like it was yesterday. Really feels like these last few years have whipped by like nothing... though last year was a serious drag in too many ways to count (But that's going off topic, so I'll stop there). Gonna be watching the episode shortly, on which note.

Also. Given what you guys have said about this episode, logic points that the next episode is definitely going to be the wedding. If it isn't, then yeah... we'd better expect OVA 6 to be a thing.
Reminder: OVA 5 was announced as having 6 episodes. Which means there's one episode left, not two. (Unless we get a special... in that case, there would be two episodes left by technicality. But as Based Fap said, they're likely going to take their time announcing it if so.)
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Quote from: WarOmnimon on February 26, 2021, 06:29:16 PM
Quote from: GP cadet 87 on February 25, 2021, 02:37:20 PM
Just saw the ep.

Key words there. "For almost 30 years." Next year is the 30th anniversary as a reminder to everyone.

And dang, I still remember the 25th anniversary when OVA 4 was going like it was yesterday. Really feels like these last few years have whipped by like nothing... though last year was a serious drag in too many ways to count (But that's going off topic, so I'll stop there). Gonna be watching the episode shortly, on which note.

Also. Given what you guys have said about this episode, logic points that the next episode is definitely going to be the wedding. If it isn't, then yeah... we'd better expect OVA 6 to be a thing.
Reminder: OVA 5 was announced as having 6 episodes. Which means there's one episode left, not two. (Unless we get a special... in that case, there would be two episodes left by technicality. But as Based Fap said, they're likely going to take their time announcing it if so.)

calling it now, next episode we will see parts of If animated. :P because rememeber kenshi gets sent off a while after they have kids. all his kids were watching on of his fights happen at one point
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

I just noticed... if you pay attention kuisu is in the planning phase for attacking kenshi but not in the attack phase... but SETO is... so that's not the real seto
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Eff Efferson on February 26, 2021, 07:10:25 PM
calling it now, next episode we will see parts of If animated. :P because rememeber kenshi gets sent off a while after they have kids. all his kids were watching on of his fights happen at one point
OHHHHHHHH SNAP! I didn't even think of that! :D

Also, just saw the episode. Great episode for the reasons that everyone discussed already. Seeing everyone try to swag on Kenshi (Especially Misaki; not gonna lie, I actually laughed at that) made it fun on top of the other good stuff that happened.
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)