Sailor Moon Mega Thread

Started by Dr.Soviet, March 25, 2013, 12:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 25, 2013, 12:52:21 PM Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 06:19:25 PM by Dr.Soviet

I hope we got some previews at least.

Wouldn't be surprised of Toei is trying to pressure Naoko into heavily moe-ifying the entire series. Meanwhile what SM really needs is more SOL stories & less monster of the week.

This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

COMBO BREAKER!

Yeah. One of the reasons why I'm not a huge fan of Sailor Moon was the whole Monster of the Week thing. Each episode starts off the same, monster comes, Sailor Scouts are losing, Tuxedo Mask throws his rose down, and suddenly Sailor Moon's magical rod saves the day.

I heard it's better in the manga. But eh. It's an old series so chances are, I probably won't be picking it up anytime soon.

Now I still like the girls. So if there is one thing I'm still a fan of, it's that. :P

Quote from: SimmyC on April 22, 2013, 06:09:47 PM
COMBO BREAKER!

Yeah. One of the reasons why I'm not a huge fan of Sailor Moon was the whole Monster of the Week thing. Each episode starts off the same, monster comes, Sailor Scouts are losing, Tuxedo Mask throws his rose down, and suddenly Sailor Moon's magical rod saves the day.

I heard it's better in the manga. But eh. It's an old series so chances are, I probably won't be picking it up anytime soon.

Now I still like the girls. So if there is one thing I'm still a fan of, it's that. :P

The anime itself gets much better once all of the girls become senshi, but before that the monster of the week filler was very annoying. If you can get passed that point the story finally starts to pick up. Thou it always sticks to the sentai formula, ending with a generic monster for Sailor Moon & co to defeat. Which is what I believe killed the live action series, where cheesy costume monsters are far more obnoxious than their animated counterparts and requires a larger budget to work with.

As for the manga being better, I couldn't answer that. Shoujo manga in an almost biblical fashion sticks to one very defined art style I find jarring and incapable of enjoying. A number of shoujo titles I'd like to read because I enjoyed the anime adaption are instantly crushed under the weight of shoujo manga artwork. From Full Moon wo Sagashite to Magic Knight Rayearth, shoujo manga makes me want to gouge my eyes out and punch babies. Frankly it's a miracle I can enjoy reading Skip Beat.

BTW all 5 seasons of Sailor Moon are now available subtitled in glorious R2Jrips. Thou you have to live with watching them subtitled because Classic & Returns were never redubbed uncut, Stars never got licensed outside Japan and Super & SuperS currently are not available with the dub track synced to the R2J video feed. Not that there's much point to syncing them when the rest can't even be properly enjoyed dubbed anyway.

I will not want to see a monster of the week in the new series. I will not mind if the Sailor Scouts fight the occasional monster. Each of Queen Beryl's Generals will continue to used the yoma to do most of the fighting.  It will be more exciting to see each of Queen Beryl's Generals fight alone against the Sailor Scouts on occasion.

For Tuxedo Max, he doesn't have to continue to save the day anymore in the new series.  He will continue to help the Sailor Scouts by fighting along their side against their enemy. Of course, Tuxedo Max will seem to have save the day in the occasional battle.  Like in the live action series, Darrien/Mamoru is well aware of the fact that he is Tuxedo Mask. Yet, his main mission is focus on finding the Moon Princess.

I will like to see one  episode which focus on one particular Sailor Scout in the new series.  While the inclusion of this Sailor Scout is not connected with  the Manga, the inclusion will help the new series.  Sailor Moon is the one who finds this Sailor Scout.  This Sailor Scout will not be willing to help her fellow Scouts in the search for the Moon Princess.  This Sailor Scout will fighting a darker enemy known as the Daemons in the old series.   The disclosure of the Daemons will be seen a mystery to Sailor Moon and the other Sailor Scouts.  The Sailor Scout whom Sailor Moon will stumble upon is  Sailor Neptune.

I am eager to wait for the new Sailor Moon series to come out. All I do want is for some information to come out about the new series. 

:woop: :smug:  :emot-iiam:

Quote from: shades of blue on April 22, 2013, 07:11:52 PM
Which is what I believe killed the live action series, where cheesy costume monsters are far more obnoxious than their animated counterparts and requires a larger budget to work with.

Well, it's what killed the first third or so of the live action series. Around Makoto/Jupiter's introduction, the show became a lot more character/drama-centric and the quality increased dramatically.  IMO, anyway.

That, yes, the mooks were cheesy as hell and remained so. Kinda endearing in a weird way, but you're also talking to someone who grew up on the classic Doctor Who series, so...

I'm really curious to see what direction the new show will go in.
"General Hammond, request permission to beat the crap out of this man."

http://morgeil.tumblr.com/

"Not 2014. Perhaps."

2015?! Balls (of yarn)! What will I do until then?!
Meine Ehre heißt Treue.