GXP Novel Re-edits

Started by BobSchlotkin, January 02, 2023, 02:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 16, 2023, 09:27:56 AM #30 Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 04:23:31 PM by Nonsuch Ned
Yes, sarcasm. It was written out as "has a soul" - which surprised me with the astute observation, except that "soul" was a link, and it linked to the article for Ahou. It's the typical problem of the pages, just lazy, weird explanations for things. And while astrals hadn't been explained well to that point, it would have been fine to leave it at "soul"- but instead, linked to a completely unrelated term.

I started looking again and feel forced to alter or replace them with alternate brief synopses until I can do better full revisions
Here's another section (from #9- the first Homecoming novel):

QuoteNoike busies Tenchi with meal preparations for their guests. Washu bumps into Mikami, who admits her feelings for Seina. The genius scientist demands she go back to her husband to address her sexual frustration. Airi overhears, and all hell breaks loose.

Where does this come from??? Mikami's not married! Washu wouldn't care! I don't even remember them interacting in the novel... maybe briefly. "all hell breaks loose"????
:rwhy:

...in my pants

Oooohhhhhhh. I see why they linked soul to ahou. Seems to me that someone was passive-aggressively calling bullshit. That's not the way to run a wiki.

August 18, 2023, 11:55:18 AM #32 Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 05:02:22 PM by Nonsuch Ned
According to the history, the writers were actually trusted fans... but were having serious problems with their comprehension of the early translation. Maybe writing on untrustworthy memories. I don't really get what went wrong.
...in my pants

Quote from: Nonsuch Ned on August 16, 2023, 09:27:56 AM
Yes, sarcasm. It was written out as "has a soul" - which surprised me with the astute observation, except that "soul" was a link, and it linked to the article for Ahou. It's the typical problem of the pages, just lazy, weird explanations for things. And while astrals hadn't been explained well to that point, it would have been fine to leave it at "soul"- but instead, linked to a completely unrelated term.

I started looking again and feel forced to alter or replace them with alternate brief synopses until I can do better full revisions
Here's another section (from #9- the first Homecoming novel):

QuoteNoike busies Tenchi with meal preparations for their guests. Washu bumps into Mikami, who admits her feelings for Seina. The genius scientist demands she go back to her husband to address her sexual frustration. Airi overhears, and all hell breaks loose.

Where does this come from??? Mikami's not married! Washu wouldn't care! I don't even remember them interacting in the novel... maybe briefly. "all hell breaks loose"????
:rwhy:

anywho if you need to breeze through the novels there are text to speech audiobook versions now
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

For the early ones, trying to just put in the general points and deleting the bad stuff. Gets harder to remember the order. My quick synopsis for 11 still ended up being over 5,000 characters though. The current synopsis for 12 has zero useful or accurate information (calls Maya "Seto's associate" - doesn't mention Mizuki, the defeat of the Big Daruma, or the existence of the Racepshi) but I'm going to have to at least look at what order each chapter is in to write a better one. Probably tomorrow. I have a different project for tonight
...in my pants