OVA 5 Info Thread

Author (Read 90994 times)

Re: OVA 5 Info Thread
« Reply #675 on: May 30, 2021, 06:29:26 PM »

antvasima

• Members+
  • Members
  • Wiki Bureaucrat
I also hope for a remake of GXP based on the official novels.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

« Reply #676 on: June 05, 2021, 02:02:33 AM »

Y_Anthony_Who

• Dimensional Supervisor
  • Members
  • My bones are made of Royal Tree sap.
we also got confirmation that was indeed Tokimi who gave Kenshi the lighthawkwing power up he used against Gaia.

The blessing she gave was brought up in the show and was not hinted to be related to Kenshi's power. The main thing it did was allow him to pass through the barrier to retrieve the Tenchi Stone (so in a roundabout way, you're right). Tokimi's blessing is a useful thing to have on Geminar and isn't exclusive to Kenshi. The Holy Land was even shaped to look like Tokimi, although its really abstract. For unspecified reasons, Yukine's mother(Tokimi's last priestess on Geminar) lost favor with Tokimi or something, cuz she wasn't allowed through the barrier anymore and even got a nasty scar trying to force her way back in. Maybe Tokimi was just trying to set things up to make Kenshi look cooler when he waltzed on through? That would be a dumb explanation. I love it.

The Light Hawk Wing was Kenshi's, although it's rules were different than we're used to. It's something I'd love explained in a season 2 of InSM. I used to think it was because Kenshi was the reincarnation of Z, but I think that was either never exactly right or possibly a scrapped idea (Kajishima said in an interview that Z was originally going to be Tenchi's half-brother, make of that what you will). Anyways, I think Kenshi's power is probably just like Z or Tenchi's: his own.

Having said all that, it's still possible your theory is right, I just wouldn't say it's confirmed.

Also, yeah, Rea breaking down. That was rough. Probably the most emotional scene in the season, at least for me. I WISH the engagement was more moving, but it felt like such a side-note when it should have gotten a whole season that I couldn't help but feel disappointed.

« Reply #677 on: June 06, 2021, 05:37:17 AM »

Eff Efferson

• Members
  • He who reads Japanese poorly.
    • tenchi muyo translation blog
on an unrelated note does nayone rememebe where the full revealed concept art shot of war on geminars cast is located? i only remember the mostly silhoetted versions location
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com

Enjoyed my translations? Wanna donate?:
click here

« Reply #678 on: June 12, 2021, 11:56:09 AM »

Nonsuch Ned

• Members
Anyone else intrigued by the somewhat notable absence from OVA5? Tsukiko doesn't get so much as a cameo or a mention. I think it's very safe to say she's not on Earth anymore. I'm also wondering if it means she's supposed to have a major role with the GXP story that hasn't been released yet, so they couldn't even HINT what she's doing. And not bothering to spend any time with her Daughter, Son, Quasi-daughter, daughter-in-law, son-in-law/love interest... grandchild and more on the way. Who all conveniently live close by.
...in my pants

« Reply #679 on: June 12, 2021, 08:29:59 PM »

WaitoKon

• Members
I also hope for a remake of GXP based on the official novels.

Think that's something AIC can eventually crowdfund, Toei is a big win, but with these considerations just got to wait for the dust to settle so to speak.

« Reply #680 on: June 12, 2021, 11:00:45 PM »

Ricin

• Members
Can anyone translate this end card from the after credits part of Episode 6?

« Reply #681 on: June 14, 2021, 05:41:05 AM »

BobSchlotkin

• Members
Yandex.com says:

In this video program images, sounds and packages
All rights related to the work are owned by the author, and the Kaitei Naikan Prize
It is only allowed for the purpose of viewing and listening.
Other uses, or even some of them, can be copied, modified, or sent to the public
(Broadcast, wired broadcast, Internet, etc.), broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast, broadcast
It is used for (selling, lending, etc.), translation, translation, etc. and the right
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have about our services.
We have a lot to offer.
If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway!