Hey

Started by RyannVonDoom, June 14, 2021, 10:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 22, 2021, 09:35:23 AM #15 Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 11:07:49 AM by kikai ninjin
Quote from: RyannVonDoom on June 21, 2021, 10:11:44 PM
Reason why I came here to this forum was because a friend of mine died a few weeks ago, and she was a major Tenchi fan like I was.
Dam, sorry for you loss mate

Well, I "rediscovered" TM some time ago. I always had the memory of someday watching an anime but I couldn't remember the name... just the name of one of the characters tho.

So, after some hesitation, I decided to lurk on some sites to find TM related material and stumbled on some contributions made by some folks from the forum in the likes of S0B (Shades of Blue), جبريل 無道 (Jibril Mudo), Ricin and many others. Then, after even more hesitation, I finally joined the forum.

Initially, I only watched TM Universe when I was a kid, cuz afaik back in the day there was no localization/distribuition of the OVAs or movies where I live. I started to consume other TM related material just now as an adult.  Even though neither English nor Japanese (I'm working on it) are my first languages, this didnt prevent from enjoying TM in any way.

I dunno why this thought stayed in my head for so long, but I know that one memory was enough to want to relive all the nostalgia, as WaitoKon poited out, of a time that is gone...I think the only thing I regret is not having participated in this forum earlier.

I think each of us here on the forum has something in common that unites us in a community like this. For some it's a way of "escaping", even for a moment, the tragedies of life or the current reality we live in these dark times...For others, the charisma, richness and depth of the characters and the story that make us feel nostalgic and want to discover and experience this universe created by some mad people. Even though I'm new here too, and whatever the motivation that brings you to this forum, welcome to the family! :Hek:

Shit happens, right?

That's cool you've rediscovered it.. I never watched pasted the OVAs, the first Tenchi movie and Universe so long ago a lot I had forgotten. So I'm currently on Tenchi in Tokyo and rewatching the ova/universe etc.. since Mia's death. Going to watch GXP next then war on gemnar after.

Ryoko stays in everyone's head because she's the best waifu ever. And yeah taht's a great way to put it.. Rewatching Universe, couldnt believe how much I forgot from that series. So I'm getting pure nostalgia and like watching for the first time again.

Thanks for the welcome from everyone.. I like it here, even if it's a bit quiet.. I was super active on the adult swim forums forever ago.. and the UG(mixedmartialarts.com) forums I am a major frequenter of. Hope me posting a bit livens things up a bit here haha.
They live. We sleep.

I am sorry for your loss, but at least hope that you will enjoy yourself in the Tenchi fandom. This forum is not very active, but Nonsuch Ned and others have drastically improved on the quality of the wiki lately, there are now 30 anime episodes of the main series in sum total, 3 True Tenchi novels, 17+ Tenchi GXP novels, 3 Paradise War novels, and 13 anime episodes of the War on Geminar OVA continuation, and another company with more resources will likely help AIC produce more content for the series. So there is lots of fun stuff for you to invest yourself in.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Quote from: antvasima on June 24, 2021, 08:25:06 AM
I am sorry for your loss, but at least hope that you will enjoy yourself in the Tenchi fandom. This forum is not very active, but Nonsuch Ned and others have drastically improved on the quality of the wiki lately, there are now 30 anime episodes of the main series in sum total, 3 True Tenchi novels, 17+ Tenchi GXP novels, 3 Paradise War novels, and 13 anime episodes of the War on Geminar OVA continuation, and another company with more resources will likely help AIC produce more content for the series. So there is lots of fun stuff for you to invest yourself in.

Very cool. I just want to buy the OVAs and movies again at a reasonable price lol.
They live. We sleep.

I just want to impress upon everyone here that part of what character Tenchi does every day with his grandfather's estate-related tasks and studies is think of his mother's spirit and where she now resides. Shintoism is touched upon as it is customary in Japan, but I always hope that one of these days after the pandemic lockdowns and fears have subsided, fans of Tenchi start carrying on in one of the most important traditions of Shintoists, something we get to see briefly in OVA season five.

Quote from: WaitoKon on June 25, 2021, 02:15:30 AM
I just want to impress upon everyone here that part of what character Tenchi does every day with his grandfather's estate-related tasks and studies is think of his mother's spirit and where she now resides. Shintoism is touched upon as it is customary in Japan, but I always hope that one of these days after the pandemic lockdowns and fears have subsided, fans of Tenchi start carrying on in one of the most important traditions of Shintoists, something we get to see briefly in OVA season five.

I actually haven't watched OVA 5. Think I will this weekend.
They live. We sleep.

Welcome aboard! I'm also new here c:  :duke: :duke:

welcome! I like it here. Hope you do too.
They live. We sleep.