Lurker (old AIC forum member)

Started by Andraste, December 05, 2016, 11:22:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Ohs!  I almost forgot one of my favorite nonTenchi couples!

I'm hoping Disney comes to its senses and lets these two marry Prince Tenchi, someone already drew them with some Tenchi IF daughters ^_^  :woop:  <.<   >.>  What?

Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.

December 21, 2016, 10:08:55 PM #16 Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 10:37:08 PM by Andraste
That is cute. That movie is so gay.  :heysexy:
It's funny cause they kinda have similar personalities to Tsunami and Ayeka.

These two remind me of my otp so I have been a huge bubbleline fan for awhile.

Other couples I like are usually from RPG video games. (Like Femshep/Liara and I love so many couples from fire emblem games.)

Not familiar with either of those... but the pics look cute, I especially like the top one :D

Another one of my OTPs :D

But in the OAVverse, I imagine Achika as Tenchi's twin sister, who was seperated and hidden away by the extended family because of how the mother died (by Z's hand).  She is raised up under the same nanny as Sasami was (that Noike looking one during attack on Jurai in flashbacks in ep9) and Z tracks her down and kills the nanny and when it was her turn her yell summoned Tenchi lightyears away (kinda like he heard Ryoko's voice in Washu's lab while she was kidnapped by Clay)... and ever since then she had a typical (for Japan) big brother crush ^_^

I'm strange, I guess XD   :duck:
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.

January 04, 2017, 09:24:08 PM #18 Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 02:06:28 AM by Andraste
 :staredog:
Welp that is different but It's not your fault that every woman around Tenchi is the hawtness.
Even Airi and Seto have me pretty confused.  :duck: Like Tenchi why is your grandma so hot??

I don't ship Tenchi outside of the harem. I actually like every pairing in the house with him.

...of course my favorite is the Holy Trinity.  :heysexy: :heysexy: :heysexy:

EDIT

*Also I'll add to this instead of double posting...

I'd say the oddest pairing I like in the house is Washu/Noike. I don't really know the relationship status, like if Washu will consider herself to be a mother type figure to Noike or not considering she assimilated with female kagato... that isn't really my thing but I've liked the idea since I saw that Kaji doujin. I'm not really dedicated to the idea but I think its cute.

I'm so glad to see another Ryoko X Ayeka shipper AND Bubbline shipper. They are my OTPS too ^^

Quote from: ShiroNight on January 07, 2017, 11:50:59 PM
I'm so glad to see another Ryoko X Ayeka shipper AND Bubbline shipper. They are my OTPS too ^^

That is awesome. :)
Bubbline and Ryoko/Ayeka are pretty similar in my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if Pendleton Ward was a Tenchi fan.
I have heard that the woman who created Steven Universe listed the Tenchi manga as an inspiration for it. No doubt why she chose the manga out of all the adaptations of the OVA.

It was actually Rebecca Sugar (she was a writer on Adventure Time before she created Steven Universe) who started the whole Bubbline thing. I heard a rumor that CN threaten the show if they didn't stop pushing the whole Marceline x Bubblegum idea they would push the show to a Adult Swim slot around 3 am. Now I dont know if this is 100% true its just something I heard through the grapevine but it would surprise me since people are still closed-minded about gay couples though it has gotten better and Steven Universe is proof. ^^

Also the whole plot and idea of SU seems to parallel that of Tenchi Muyo (a kid friendly TM that is) even the characters traits and postions in the show are similar.( I also ship Pearl and Amethyst because they are Ryoko and Ayeka like too ^^)

Sorry for the long reply. Don't meet other people often who like the same ships I do let only Yuri shippers.

January 09, 2017, 12:18:14 AM #22 Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 12:49:22 AM by Andraste
The first thing I said when I first saw SU was "Wow! This reminds me of Tenchi for whatever reason." That was way before I knew about the writers love for the Tenchi manga. I also get an Ayeka vibe from Pearl. Garnet and Amethyst just need to fuse to become Ryoko haha. I'll admit that I haven't seen that much of the show but I played one of the mobile games.

Thanks for telling me that... My bubbline love makes so much more sense now. I guess Rebecca Sugar was a Ryoko/Ayeka shipper too. :emot-smugdog:

I am curious if you have watched the first episode of OVA 4... I really like the new dynamic going on with Ryoko and Ayeka. (Of course I don't know what they are saying yet.)

Funny you say that becuase that actually does happen. Without giving to much away Garnet and Amethyst actually do fuse together in a episode and I have to say it is perfectly Ryoko. Also which game do you play? I played the soundtrack attack one but once I beat it I uninstalled it.

So yes I did watch the first episode of OVA 4 (probably should voice my opinion on it in the OVA 4 thread ^_^;)  but I did like seeing Ryoko and Ayeka more calm and chill with each other but I do admit I find that their characters were kinda dulled out... I mean I don't know what they were saying either so I can't much yet but it seem it wasn't character development and more just... I don't know I don't want to get hated on I just got here! >< I just like seeing all the original girls again especially Ayeka and Ryoko. Btw just looked at your tumblr blog and I love it keep up the good work~

Quote from: ShiroNight on January 09, 2017, 01:56:27 AM
Also which game do you play? I played the soundtrack attack one but once I beat it I uninstalled it.

I think it was called Attack the Light. I really liked it. It was a turn based rpg kind of game.

So yes I did watch the first episode of OVA 4 (probably should voice my opinion on it in the OVA 4 thread ^_^;)  but I did like seeing Ryoko and Ayeka more calm and chill with each other but I do admit I find that their characters were kinda dulled out...

I hope when the dialogue is translated we will see a lot of cattiness in it and play fighting but I doubt there will be anymore all out brawls between them. I doubt they are going to remain so calm considering the situation with Minaho. Just wanted to hear another fan of the couples opinion on it.

Btw just looked at your tumblr blog and I love it keep up the good work~

Thanks! :) It is mostly just reblogs and a few uploaded images I find here and there. I love my #otp tag but I try to show a little bit of everything and every major couple.

Oh yeah Attack the Light looks good but I don't really wanna pay for it though ^^; lol

And yes I'm hoping the same thing something when it finally gets subbed. I agree too that they probably won't be so calm for long once Minaho starts worming her way into the group. And I love your #otp tag too ^_^ and Ilike seeing art I haven't seen before in general too.

Sorry I can't quote for someone reason it comes out all messy and weird looking though I think I'm doing it right.  :gonk: